"Not a Custom Quest!" weird ZC error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bokoblin

Bokoblin

added tree hair

• Members

Posted 28 February 2023 - 02:54 PM

I'm getting this strange error where my quest won't load into Zelda Classic. I tried to load up the (very, very unfinished) quest in ZC to see if the enemies are working, most notably the Bokoblins and Hinoxen.

This build of the quest is based off of the 1st quest, if that matters, but it is saved as its own .qst file.

plz help meh

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 February 2023 - 03:32 PM

You modified the base quest file, which is intended to be played as part of a quest sequence. In older versions of ZC, it was not possible to load these quests directly- thus the error you are having. Two solutions:

1. Upgrade to a more recent version, we stopped this happening long ago because it was stupid and annoying.

2. Go to "Quest->Header", but, hold "Shift" while you click the "Header" button. This allows you to edit a "Quest Number" in the upper right, which I assume is "1" because you edited 1st.qst- change this number to "0".

#3 Bokoblin

Bokoblin

added tree hair

• Members

Posted 28 February 2023 - 04:48 PM

this is on version 3.5.2 I think, it's the latest version

Nope, 2.53, not 3.5.2

#4 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 28 February 2023 - 05:31 PM

Nope, 2.53, not 3.5.2

aye, 2.53 is several years old at this point. What I said stands, either upgrade to a more recent build, or follow the instructions in step 2.

• Jared likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users