Calling all programmers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#16 methinkso2

methinkso2

• Members

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE(Sean @ May 17 2006, 04:14 PM)
Well I know DN is not going to just pick out just registered members. But then again you never know.

View Post

Well, if the fact that I'm new to the forums (I've been following ZC since 1.90) is a problem to DN, I'll have no issue with that decision. icon_wink.gif

Really, I just wanna improve my programming skills, and I think this would be a great oppurtunity. If it ends up being far beyond my scope of knowledge, then the "test" DN mentioned will make note of that, and, well, that'll be that.

#17 DragonAtma

DragonAtma

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:35 PM

Okay, I've come to a conclusion -- I'm going to learn either C or C++. Thing is, I need to figure out which one.

Which is easier? Which is used in PureZC more? Which covers the monster section? Which is more likely to become obsolete?

#18 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:14 AM

DragonAtma: I'd personally say learn C++, some things like the string class and cout functions are easier to learn and handle than the C counterparts. (Of course C purists will hate me for this). But you can always learn those harder parts afterwards.

I'd suggest devcpp as a starting point. There are some good tutorials on the page too, I find.

#19 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:00 PM

NO! I wish I'd actually READ that book I bought rather than putting it on the shelf for show. I only know enough C++ to write "Hello World" so ZC is out of the question. Maybe in a few years but not now.

#20 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE(Dark Nation)
So, if you think you have what it takes, reply to this thread.

Suggestion ... reply here if you think you have what it takes to help with zc development, would be interested in helping, or have a question about the possibilty of you helping with development.
Not wishing to be rude or anything, but: it's not necessary to post here to tell us that you can't help.

#21 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:31 AM

Sorry about that. I'm laughing at myself now, I was so silly then.

#22 Rakki

Rakki

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:18 PM

Here's a thought. To cut back on the number of people saying they'd like to help (yes, I realize I'm in that group. Shut up. icon_blah.gif), why don't you ask DN if you can post some small section (like maybe a function) of the ZC source code, possibly a section which contains both C and C++, as well as some kind of bug that's probably already been fixed, and ask people if they can fix the bug to work properly? That way, those of us who actually DO know enough to help, but don't think they do (I'm not suggesting I'm one of those people, but I'm sure there are people here like that) could find out, "Oh, I actually CAN help!" and those who can't could find out, "Yeah, I didn't think I could help."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users