GAH! Everything is going wrong

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:54 PM

This is totally NOT COOL. I try and run 2.10 to plug in some tiles that I made, and I get "This program had preformed an Illegal operation and will be shut down". OK, I thought. I'll just close a couple windows and maybe it will work. Well it turns out that that didnt work either. So I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it to see if that would fix it. ZC and ZQuest both get that error, and I dont know what to do to fix them. Anybody got any ideas?

Oh, and dont tell me to use another version, because I am the most comfortable with 2.10 and thats what I leared ZQ on. Also, DOS programs do not run to well with this comp.

Both of the programs used to work perfectly before. icon_evil.gif icon_cry.gif

#2 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:10 PM

If they've worked perfectly before, a reinstall might be in order. icon_wink.gif

#3 ZeldaLord

ZeldaLord

Legendary Hero

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:14 PM

Try reinstalling in a new directory. Dunno why, but it worked for me. icon_shrug.gif

#4 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:15 PM

Well it turns out that that didnt work either. So I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it to see if that would fix it.

Sorry LTM, already tried that icon_wink.gif

#5 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:10 PM

By importing tiles, do you mean going to File -> Import -> Tiles? If so, that feature is broken in 2.10. Your original post makes it sound like you mean the Grab function in the Tile Editor though.

#6 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:16 PM

No, I mean the program wont even start anymore.

#7 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:03 AM

what link did you select to download 2.10?
If that link doesn't let your zquest work, then try another one.(I think I chose the third link)
EDIT: Go to zelda classic for the links... there are three for 2.10

Edited by XdragonSB, 06 July 2005 - 11:04 AM.

#8 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:02 PM

Nope. None of those things worked. Thanks for the help though, guys. I appreciate it.

I'm still going to be working on my tileset, but obviously wont be able to release it until I get this to work again.

#9 Papa

Papa

Disruptive and obnoxious member since 2005

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:39 AM

Bummer, man. Anything I could have thought to suggest has already been said. I'm only posting in the hopes that by the time you read this, you may have discovered the problem, and the solution, of course. If so, or when you do, make sure to let us know. ~adomlee~

#10 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 11:01 AM

Well I guess you can close this topic now, since it works icon_cool.gif
I guess all it needed was a system reboot. I figured I would try it last night, just foir the hell of it, and it worked. Now I can actually get started on that quest of mine. Thanks for your help guys!

I didnt know that I would need to reboot, becuase it didnt tell me to icon_smile.gif icon_cool.gif

#11 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 11:31 AM

Wow... that would have been one of the first things I would have tried. icon_xd.gif Anyway, nice that you've gotten it working. icon_thumbsup.gif

I guess I'll close this since you requested it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users