Valami

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#136 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

Those are actually the iron boots and you need the hover boots item to get it. The hover boots item is one of the missable secret items that you get by not getting the L01 and L02 items for a while. So, technically what you see there is also a secret missable item. There are more of these kind of special items than I could count and there are also some places (including an entire dungeon) where you can get only with them. So, replaying Valami never ceases to be fun!

This quest of mine is what I like replaying the most.

#137 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

-Babylon. A statue keeps shooting fireballs, reflect them back to the odd shield.

What do you mean, are you suggesting I pick up the mirror shield?

Those are actually the iron boots and you need the hover boots item to get it. The hover boots item is one of the missable secret items that you get by not getting the L01 and L02 items for a while. So, technically what you see there is also a secret missable item. There are more of these kind of special items than I could count and there are also some places (including an entire dungeon) where you can get only with them. So, replaying Valami never ceases to be fun!

This quest of mine is what I like replaying the most.

It is truly very clever and unusual!

Edited by Mister Snooze, 20 February 2015 - 04:38 PM.

#138 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:16 AM

At first I meant it so that you indeed needed the mirror shield for that. That's why I thought that would be the last item you get. But then I realized the fire boomerang also reflects things, since I haven't modified its behaviour. (Unlike in GM where fire boomerang reflects just about nothing as I recall.)

#139 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

At first I meant it so that you indeed needed the mirror shield for that. That's why I thought that would be the last item you get. But then I realized the fire boomerang also reflects things, since I haven't modified its behaviour. (Unlike in GM where fire boomerang reflects just about nothing as I recall.)

I tried the fire boomer in that room and it did not work. Finished Erosion and got the good ending, checked out the bad ending as well.

#140 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:18 PM

You need to use the fire boomerang to reflect the fireball onto the shield, not for actually hitting the shield with the fire boomerang.

And it works like that in many quests without the questmakers knowing, so, theoretically, you can skip the mirror shield in BB and such if you have the fire boomerang already.

#141 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

You need to use the fire boomerang to reflect the fireball onto the shield, not for actually hitting the shield with the fire boomerang.

And it works like that in many quests without the questmakers knowing, so, theoretically, you can skip the mirror shield in BB and such if you have the fire boomerang already.

Yes I know how the fire boomer works to reflect like the mirror shield but what I am saying is I couldn't get it to work in that room.

Also I am starting your Days Gone By game.

#142 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:22 AM

Is this the screen we are speaking about? For this has the item I meant:

ValamiSecret.png

I'm honoured that you are on such a marathon playing the games I made!

#143 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:59 PM

Is this the screen we are speaking about? For this has the item I meant:

ValamiSecret.png

I'm honoured that you are on such a marathon playing the games I made!

Yes that is the screen, maybe I just didn't use the fire boomer right, oh well I am now in level 7 of Days gone by, I can see it is going to be all to short :cry:

#144 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:17 PM

Days gone by, what did I miss? edit.... Found the bomb bag and blue ring I missed the first time around in level 2, book in level 4 and another heart or 2, some more magic bottles etc

zelda125_zpswusbqj5y.png

Edited by Mister Snooze, 23 February 2015 - 12:07 AM.

#145 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:08 AM

Days Gone By was a low budget quest by me, meant as a rest after GM.

So, I didn't change the subscreen and haven't changed it since, removing the unused item slots. It takes some work to unearth what you miss and what is missing from the file altogether... Let's see... IF you are at Sunday, you still miss these:

Cane of Byrna: Friday, east. Kill all ghinis with superbombs.

Hurricane Spin: One screen south of Friday, push stone.

You miss only one magic container. I can't know which, but these exist:

-all the way east from start in the orange blocky area, kill both lanmolas

-Saturday area (green valley with big pond), northeast, whistle on the leaf spot that is surrounded by pebbles

-Saturday area (green valley with big pond), southwest, shoot magic into the white stone in the water.

Also, you will be able to get the infinite wallet in Sunday later.

This quest doesn't even use scripts. However, by today, scripts became so natural for me, that I would use them in such a low budget project, too.

#146 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:57 AM

Hey, just finished Erosion, nice quest, I had a good amount of fun. Two questions, how do I get the chest in the dodongo screen of the red desert and where do I get the third jail key.

Also started Valami and I wonder, can you get stuck if you chose a wrong item? I also decidet to not take the sword but am a bit stuck, got the bow and bombs so far. Killing with stomps :)

Edited by Naru, 22 June 2016 - 05:59 AM.

#147 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:11 PM

You can't get that chest on the dodongo screen because my error, but it has just some money or such.

I'm not sure, it's the University that you call jail? All keys are in the south corridor, you just need items for them. Or to kill all enemies? I don't remember well and I just realized that I don't find the unpassworded version of the final file...

Of course you can't get stuck in Valami, all item combinations are valid. Even if you need a certain item at one point, you can safely do other things without it and then go back to get it.

As for the sword, that is exactly not an item that gets you any bonus for leaving it behind. That's because there are so many things that work with the sword inherently with ZC that I decided I wouldn't even try making any area that doesn't require it. Most other items, however, are more interesting that if you get them or not.

• Naru likes this

#148 RedHouse

RedHouse

white town

• Members

Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:46 PM

Recently I enjoyed this quest very much and saw all of 8 endings.

Thank you CastChaos for very very interesting quest!

I'm so impressed because "Everything in this quest means Something"... that's amazing!

Edited by RedHouse, 09 June 2019 - 11:31 PM.

• CastChaos likes this

#149 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 20 April 2020 - 12:49 AM

I Have a Arow Problem with This Statue its Says Shot an Arom on the Leftuper Corner of That Staue but Nothing Happend is That a Bug or kind of Gimmick becouse i Picked up a wrong Item Before and is it True that i realy cant become all items in one Run :D

zc-screen00175.png

But sofar a realy Nice Quest with Lots of Dungeons :D

Days gone by, what did I miss? edit.... Found the bomb bag and blue ring I missed the first time around in level 2, book in level 4 and another heart or 2, some more magic bottles etc

zelda125_zpswusbqj5y.png

Wait dit i Miss Something it Looks Kind of Different i Hope i Postet then Right in the Right Valami :D

#150 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 20 April 2020 - 07:10 PM

Can Someon Please Help me its Seems im Stuck Here is There a fair way to Flee from This Dungeon/Cave Named Grinding/Valiant or Need i a Walk trough Walls Cheat i Even Dont Know how i Land There :D

zc-screen00174.png
zc-screen00175.png
zc-screen00176.png

Edited by Lordkronos, 20 April 2020 - 07:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users