Items separately changing Link's Sprite

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:50 AM

Is there a way for me to change Link's sprite with two separate items offsetting Link's sprite by differing amounts that are added together?

What I'm trying to do is have Link's sprite not only change when you get shields, but when you get a pair of boots as well. Ideally, Link's boots should change without changing the shield, and the shield should not change the boots.

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:59 AM

On this page, do a Ctrl-F (Search) for "Link Tile Modification" for your answer.

You'll need separate rows of sprites for everything, all aligned in the same relative horizontal position and arrangement for each combination and permutation of item possession, but it should work for you quite nicely.

#3 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

Oh, right, of course. I think I must have gotten confused because I forgot that you technically lose the lower level shields when you get the higher level ones...

#4 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

I don't think you lose them. But the game will consider you're using the shield of the highest level you have, even if they offer the same protection. So you can make them all small shields for example, and small shield level 2 will replace small shield level 1, tile-wise.

#5 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:12 PM

Yeah, that's how it works with things like Like Likes, and why you revert to the smaller shield instead of no shield if it gets eaten.

It can be modified for every item though. In the item editor, if you go to the "Pickup" tab, there's a checkbox saying "Keep Lower Level Items." If you disable this, then you can have one shield fully displace another.

I would say, that is not recommended though.

• ShadowTiger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users