Photo

My first practice dungeon (and maybe more later!)

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#46 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

In the demo of Shadow Wars III, CastChaos made a cute female character that fits with the classic set. Too bad he never uploaded the character into the loose tiles database.

#47 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

It took me seemingly forever to get Imageshack working on my slow computer, but I finally got it. I just made the below picture in Paint to save time. Here's what I was saying about the floor tiles:
IPB Image

The tiles on the right (red) are like the ones you currently have, which are top-down perspective.
The tiles on the left (green) are more what you are looking for with your sideview perspective.

#48 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

If your computer is running slowly, backup everything you want to keep (like your quest.) Should the hard drive fail, your data will be safe. Try performing the disk cleanup and disk defragment operations.

Thank you for showing those tiles you made.

#49 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

You know, it's strange. The past couple days were kind of hotter, and last night and today things cooled off; my computer speed is back to normal. I think it was just the heat.
But, yeah, I've got a thumb drive I use to back up my files, particularly my ZC files. Thanks.

#50 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

Heat does have a strong effect on computers (hence the reason why in the old days they were kept in cold rooms.)

I used the floor tiles you provided as an example and decided to create floor tiles that are somewhat ornate while using the same perspective. You will see the result in the next SOTW contest (I still need to come up with new sprites for my female character, however.)

#51 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

I changed the pillars in my dungeon to be more correct. Note the floor tiles too.
My head is not a rock. I can learn, and I can improve. What are your thoughts on the floor tiles and the new pillar (the one on the right?) icon_kawaii.gif

Here is an updated and improved version of the first dungeon I have made (there are also a few overworld screens to look at.)
Download it here.

Edited by Nolornbon, 16 June 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#52 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

pretty good. hard, though. I didn't get far, but if it was all spaced and introduced and paced better within a quest (where the items and skills are earned and the enemies and dangers are learned), each element seems neat. I'd play it.

#53 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

I have given up on the Nymph Shrine for the time being, though I might come back to it later. I have decided to make a sort of sewer with a village in it instead. It will use these tiles for the interior and these tiles for its main entrance. You would be well advised to beat the first dungeon before trying to come here. Remember that you can buy potions and get bombs and magic from the blue spinning tiles (strike them with your sword and finish them off with your candle or your wand's magic.) The silver potion is nice because it can refill your health three times.

#54 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE(Nolornbon @ Jun 14 2012, 02:59 PM) View Post
I changed the pillars in my dungeon to be more correct. Note the floor tiles too.
My head is not a rock. I can learn, and I can improve. What are your thoughts on the floor tiles and the new pillar (the one on the right?) icon_kawaii.gif
I think they look great! Nice improvement!

#55 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

The Walk Of Nikki update at 4shared for those that can get it.
The Walk Of Nikki update at DataFileHost for everyone else.
I am releasing the most recent version of my quest as a demo of sorts to give a glimpse of what the second dungeon is like. If it makes you care more, my quest now uses midis from Espilan and Alestance. If you want to know what Nikki (the main character) really looks like, check out the image in the link below.
Nikki in The Sims 3 as a child.

#56 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

Well, I went ahead and tried it again, the update this time. Thank you for making it so the red bubbles don't actually hurt you. Still, I think that they move way too fast; there's no possible way to avoid them, and with them tribbling and more bubbles being summoned and tribbling it gets to a point where you can't use your sword at all. That's what happened to me the first time I got to the boss room. Not sure if you intended it, but it seems that one red bubble tribbles into 3 red bubbles before moving around the first time; not sure if that's 'cause the summoner summons three of them, or if that happens all the time.

The only way that I beat your level 1 was by cheating and turning off the "Enemies Always Return" rule. It was still challenging without that rule turned on because, after you die, all rooms that you previously cleared of enemies are filled with enemies again; that fact pieced together with shutter doors makes it challenging enough and not too easy, but still at least manageable; if you get to a new room and die after beating some enemies, not all of them return so there's a greater chance you can finally clear the room. With the rule turned on, there was no WAY I could beat the level.

I found the entrance to level 2 after finding the secret (good spot for it, too; not too hard to figure out and not blatantly obvious either), but I got killed by those flying knife things in the second room (partly because of the inescapable bubble in the room).

I thought it was interesting how you made it so the sword alone couldn't kill the green darknut. I had to use bombs after it sped up after I slashed it once. (FYI, I only beat the one outside the dungeon; I didn't see how to open the dungeon until after beating it.) However, I hope you're not planning on a room full of them; bombs run out after a while, you know. Now if the dungeon had, say, the bomb bag that holds 30 bombs somewhere in the level, that would be okay to have a room with a bunch of those darknuts. (However, I think having 10 darknuts in one room is overkill, even if there are no obstacles in a room. {Not saying you did; I'm just saying.} I wouldn't put more than, say, 6 darknuts on one screen at a time.)

Edited by Lightwulf, 28 July 2012 - 06:32 PM.

#57 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

The boss key can make it so that you can find a quicker way to the boss in level 1 (look for the staircase in the room with the floor master.) The red bubbles don't tribble, but the purple wizzrobe spawns three at a time. Your best bet is to bring him down first. As for the darknuts, they can only be slashed from the backside when they speed up (which means I probably shouldn't put more than three in a room.) In the room with the sand that changes direction, there is a staircase that contains a key that unlocks the nearby door (which is a shortcut.) You can slash the blue tiles and beat the resulting blue homing bubbles for bombs and magic by using the candle and the wand. Did you find the purple rupee and the shop that sells potions (including the silver one?) The silver one can refill your health three times. Did you manage to get the wand and the blue ring? They can be very helpful (they are found in level 1.)

Did you see the interiors of all of the houses I have made thus far in level 2? How about the houses that attack?

#58 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for telling me about the slashability. Pretty interesting; that makes it quite difficult to hit them indeed because darknuts tend to turn right around if you're behind them.

Yeah, I got all the keys (including the boss key) in level 1. I couldn't have done it without those. And yes, I got the wand and blue ring.
Though you started the player out with Roc's Feather, it helps a little but it's still hard to get away from those red bubbles when there's more than one.

I never found the shop, but I got the purple rupee. And no, I haven't got far in level 2, so I didn't see the houses yet. The sewer graphics look nice, though!

#59 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

The sewer tiles are here in the database. They were made by Anthus. The entrance to the sewer dungeon was made by some other member of PureZC.

Edited by Nolornbon, 30 July 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#60 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Tried this quest out. I like what you're doing with the enemy editor but the enemies move WAY too fast. Mandatory damage is never a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users