Official "What video games are you playing right now?" topic

• Please log in to reply
4811 replies to this topic

#4621 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:07 PM

I genuinely did not like Great Bay Temple up until today. And after finishing it, it's actually pretty straightforward and simple.

Now i want to try other dungeons that i currently don't like. Like Crown Dungeon from Oracle of Ages.

#4622 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 February 2018 - 08:37 PM

I hated Great Bay Temple when I was a kid, but yeah, as an adult, it is pretty easy. Maybe easy isn't the right word, but it is certainly a lot more manageable. The biggest thing that would mess me up would be forgetting to A) grab a key before switching the water direction or B) Miss a pump station, and have to go allllll the way back to get it.

My friend and I just played through MM for 100% completion last week on VC. I did Woodfall, and Great Bay, he did the other two. I ended up having to do great bay twice, cause I forgot to turn in the fairies. I wasn't that mad though since I already knew where they all were.

• Jared likes this

#4623 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

Yeah my first time in GB Temple was a nightmare because I didn't understand how it worked, and the currents don't help when you're already frustrated and lost.

#4624 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:08 PM

I'm pretty sure I didn't first play Majora's Mask until the early 2010s, but I remember loving it even the first time I played it. So I have no idea how I'd react to it as a kid without as much savvy. :P

• Anthus likes this

#4625 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:33 AM

I've been playing the original Kingdom Hearts through the PS4 1.5+2.5 Remix Collection. I've beaten the game, and I'm just trying to get the extras afterwards. Took out the Phantom and Kurt Zisa, but I'm having trouble with Ice Titan. I swear this guy didn't use to be as difficult as he is now. Do Keyblades affect how long Guard lasts, or how long it takes to do another Guard? I swear, I'll block an icicle, but get nailed by another one before I have the chance to put Guard back up.

#4626 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:24 AM

Prolly something the devs overlooked when making the game run at double the frame rate. Lots of stuff in the game used the frame rate for timing purposes and they missed a lot of this stuff in the PS3 release (and never patched the issues). The PS4 release they made an effort of some degree to fix the issues.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 26 February 2018 - 04:26 AM.

#4627 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:10 PM

So far my major gripe with the Majora's Mask remake is how you play songs. I'm so used to the C buttons that trying to playing with A, X, Y, L and R is awkward as hell.

Not to mention how A and X don't match their position with their notes. A instead of being right is Up and X instead of being Up is Right. Y is correctly as the left note while being the button on the left.

The worst part is that they could have easily just used the directional pad of the 3DS, specially (as far as i'm aware) they do nothing else. It would be just like the C arrows.

• Anthus and Cukeman like this

#4628 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:54 PM

Been playing Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. I'm loving it for the battles. Really solid, and I've always liked these tactical RPG, moving across a board type of games.

Wish I knew how to make one.

The exploration is a mixed bag. On one hand, some puzzles are nice, and I enjoy finding stuff. On the other hand, they can be repetitive and some are more time consuming than challenging. Also, the camera is pretty awful at times.

But the pro of the battles, outweighs my gripes. I'd be willing to pay a little more for more expansions after the DK expansion.

#4629 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:17 AM

Laptop went to shit and i had to send it to the repair shop. Finally decided to just buckle down and 100% Majora's Mask. And i did it, finally.

In my opinion, the 3DS remake of Majora's Mask is the way to play the game. It reduces so much of the tedium of having to wait around for certain events to happen. The worst case of this is probably the Kafei quest. The ability to save at the owls and being able to time travel to specific hours instead of every 6 hours is a godsend.

• Anthus, The Satellite and Jared like this

#4630 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:00 PM

My main game over the past couple weeks has been Fire Emblem Warriors on the Switch. 100 hours into the game, I've beaten Story Mode on all difficulties, gotten all of Anna's Momento's in it which completed an illustration. Lianna, my main, is sitting at Level 103 with everyone else between 50 and 83. Getting a good amount of their seals unlocked, so they're stronger and have better defense. I like the game quite a bit.

Edit: Never played an actual Fire Emblem game though.

Edited by Neptune, 19 March 2018 - 01:01 PM.

• Jared likes this

#4631 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:25 PM

Been playing some Balloon world in Mario Odyssey.

It's.. a really cool idea, but I've noticed that some people use wall glitches to place balloons outside of stage boundaries. That is kind of shitty, since obviously, not everyone can do those glitches. It takes a lot of the fun out of it, cause unless you know the various places where you can wall-clip, you won't be able to get no less than one quarter of these. People also really like this one spot on the inverted pyramid too, like, a lot. It is a good way to get coins, and it is probably faster than grinding on the hidden stage in a late-game kingdom, but I hope it is cleaned up a bit.

Now, it's okay to use crazy jumps to place one as long as it is grab-able without using a glitch. Sure, you could say "glitches are just another skill to learn, it's in the game" but I don't like that approach to online games.

• Cukeman likes this

#4632 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:36 PM

In my opinion, the 3DS remake of Majora's Mask is the way to play the game. It reduces so much of the tedium of having to wait around for certain events to happen. The worst case of this is probably the Kafei quest. The ability to save at the owls and being able to time travel to specific hours instead of every 6 hours is a godsend.

Mostly agreed. The only gripes I have are that they nerfed the Deku Palace, where if you fall from one of the higher platforms while trying to infiltrate it the game voids you out and resets you to where you don't have to repeat everything; and they made Twinmold terrible. Apparently your mileage may vary on Twinmold but he's just not fun at all to me in the 3DS version.

#4633 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 March 2018 - 06:43 PM

Mostly agreed. The only gripes I have are that they nerfed the Deku Palace, where if you fall from one of the higher platforms while trying to infiltrate it the game voids you out and resets you to where you don't have to repeat everything; and they made Twinmold terrible. Apparently your mileage may vary on Twinmold but he's just not fun at all to me in the 3DS version.

I like the first phase of the Twinmold fight, the second phase drags on and it's kind of annoying. To be fair though, the fight sucked in the original because it was so easy (put on the Giant Mask and mash the attack button), but i think they went a little too far in the remake in terms of making it a longer fight.

Didn't know they nerfed the Deku Palace. Then again, i very rarely get caught in that whole segment.

Edited by Norzan, 19 March 2018 - 06:45 PM.

#4634 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:25 PM

Well, it's not about getting caught so much as just falling. Also yeah, not saying Twinmold in the original is any good, I just find the new one worse. Majora's Mask was not good at bosses in the slightest; they spent all their "good boss design" points on Majora and had one point left to make Goht's semi-fun and the rest were bad.

#4635 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:34 PM

I actually did the side quest to get the heart piece from the Deku flower minigame before going to the first dungeon. I got really used to flying with the Deku form that i just breezed through the whole Deku Palace stealth segment.

The fight against Majora is great, i agree. I like the Odolwa fight well enough (could be better though) and the Goht fight is pretty exhilarating because of the speed. I was never a fan of Gyorg and Twinmold and the remake did almost nothing to make me change my opinion. 

I also swear they made the turning of the rolling with the Goron mask more stiff. This was made really apparent in the Goht dungeon segment inside of the moon.

Edited by Norzan, 19 March 2018 - 07:39 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users