Photo

Screenshot of the Week 518

Joelmacool12 Coolgamer012345 Eddy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 518 (52 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:12 PM

Coolgamer012345

Coolgamer012345.png

This is what happens when I quickly hambrew together a screen

Joelmacool12

Joelmacool12.png

"There is only one way out of this world child... you must re-balance the colours of time and create your own world, a world where evil is good, and good is evil. I know what you are thinking child, do not tell me what it is, for it will not help you one single bit. All you must do now... is follow the raining mountains and head up, into the unknown, for there... you shall meet your true nightmares."

Eddy

Eddy.png

This is what happens when you leave Eddy in a different country for too long.

• Eddy, Joelmacool, Demonlink and 2 others like this

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:16 PM

I voted Joelmacool12 because it looks pretty trippy. The design is nice, and the colours give it a nice surreal atmosphere. My only real complaint is the perspective is kind of confusing, but that's classic for you.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#3 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:22 PM

Coolgamer012345
Yeah, it's a little bland and overly symmetrical. Using a different room shape or placing details in the water, floor, and walls would really help.

Joelmacool12
I like the idea of balancing colors... there are plenty of neat gameplay possibilities based on that premise. The shot itself doesn't wow me, but at least it plays to the theme and has a nice functional design. What's the "not safe" combo about?

Eddy
Nice flag.

Voted Joelmacool12.

#4 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

Coolgamer012345: This is a pleasant screen and it appeals to my GBC sensibilities, but it's underwhelming overall.

Joelmacool12: I have no idea what to make of this screen, but I really like it. Very avant garde as far as ZQ goes.

Eddy: Excuse me, but this is an American site. We won't tolerate your weird flags here. Actually though, I think it makes for a nice dungeon room.

Joel gets my vote this week. Keep making things weird.

#5 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

Eddy: I had no idea what I was looking at until I read the screenshot title lol

#6 symbiote01

symbiote01

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:57 PM

Coolgamer012345: It's a GB screen, but the colors don't automatically burn my retinas.  That's a plus.  If this is the beginning of a dungeon it is a little unconventional, as it goes top-down.  That is interesting.

Joelmacool12: An interesting premise.  Is there a reason the purple mountains are partially covering the large tree near the top?  Is the mountain floating above the tree?

Eddy: You're not in Portugal, are you?  You win my vote this week because it's clever. 

#7 Sparkster

Sparkster

The Sparking Spark of ZC

• Members

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:16 AM

Nulled

#8 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:05 AM

I voted Joelmacool12

He has the most plot and interesting concept so far.

They could have made more of a color based quest back for Zelda in the gameboy color days but they really missed out on this.

The color dungeon in links awakening - was only a very small example, but would be a great gimmick for representing an entire new Zelda game only at the time back in 2000 or 2002 besides the oracle games.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 27 July 2015 - 02:07 AM.

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:23 AM

Nulled. The fact that my joke shot got votes shows Portugal's superiority B) (jk obviously)

Coolgamer012345: Why you copy my caption. You get 0/5 for that. (It's a pretty neat shot, I definitely like the symmetrical design for the screen, though there isn't a whole lot else to talk about besides the fact that it's nice).

Joelmacool12: Always surprising us with those screens huh :P I really like what you got going on here. The mountains overlapping other mountains really adds some unique depth to the shot, so good job there. Would've voted here if I didn't submit.

Eddy: Força Portugal!

Now to respond to some criticism:

Eddy
Nice flag.

Thanks, although I noticed there's still a bit of colouring errors with the flag. Oh well :x

Eddy: Excuse me, but this is an American site. We won't tolerate your weird flags here. Actually though, I think it makes for a nice dungeon room.

This weird flag you're talking about once ruled half of the world B) Seriously though, thanks.

Eddy: I had no idea what I was looking at until I read the screenshot title lol

Lel, it happens.

Eddy: You're not in Portugal, are you?  You win my vote this week because it's clever. 

Yes, I've been in Portugal for the last week or so and I'll be here for another 3 weeks. But yeah, thanks :D

• Shane likes this

#10 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:46 PM

This is my first vote for Screenshot of the Week.

Coolgamer012345:  This is a good dungeon screen, though there's nothing too special about it.

Joelmacool12:  Um... the screen looks nice.  The screen is trippy.  The screen is a lot of things!  WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE????  JK, this is a good screen.

Eddy:  I don't know what to make of this.  I guess the flag looks nice, though.

My vote goes to Joelmacool12!

• Joelmacool likes this

#11 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:47 AM

Eddy:  I don't know what to make of this.  I guess the flag looks nice, though.

This is simply just a random joke shot I made in about 20 mins. It just goes to show how bored I am sometimes lol

#12 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:33 PM

clever Eddy. you almost got my vote because of the flag alone, but i went with joel. The coloring is wonderful.

#13 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:58 PM

oof. I swear I'm not always negative, but....not safe....nulled.

#14 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

oof. I swear I'm not always negative, but....not safe....nulled.

Has there ever been a sotw you liked?

• Shane and Jared like this

#15 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

Nothing stands out as excellent, but Eddy's trip to Portugal is the closest to that for me.  My vote.

• Eddy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Joelmacool12, Coolgamer012345, Eddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users