Return of the Revenge of the Quest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

Good evening, and welcome to another edition of me jumping into something where I'm probably going to get in over my head!
(Otherwise known as a typical Tuesday.)

After discussing the matter with xenomicx, I've requested to be added to the project again with the goal of bringing this to a completion.
This was partially because I've always liked this idea and was sad to see it go and partially because I've been stuck in a rut, I mean; motivated by completely altruistic things which I can't quite enumerate.

Anyways, I also decided to get involved again because most of the other quest projects I've been working with are either done or have been on a lengthy hiatus. (And because certain other people were moved to reach out to xenomicx and try and see if this can be revived.)

To that end, I've obtained the relevant files and have already cleared up a few outstanding bugs which I was aware of.
The next step is to try and decide where to go next.

Thusly, a number of areas have been finished and more are partially constructed.
I'm not certain if I want to have a quest that is quite as long as originally intended; but I'm definitely going to make something larger than what was available at the 2015 Expo.
I'm also unsure as to a time frame for finishing this.

I'll probably be switching back and forth between this and Destiny of the Oracles as inspiration strikes me.
In the meantime, let the havoc commence!
  • Anthus, judasrising, Lightwulf and 2 others like this

#2 xenomicx

xenomicx

Zelda Arcade

• Members

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:51 AM

The project has gained a little steam since Epsalon and ywkls reached out. It's like the steam engine that spins its wheels before it gains traction and tacks off. I think we're about ready to blow the whistle and leave the station on this one, but we'll need as many "Marty McFly's" as we can get to throw in "Presto Logs" as we can get. As of right now, I completed a 3 day binge on ripping tiles from Final Fantasy IV (SNES FF2). I also set up all the combos for the section, and its ready to be built.

z1.pngz2.png

• Lightwulf, Deedee and ywkls like this

#3 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:26 AM

I have completely neglected updating this over the past few months... my bad!

So, what has been done?

First, bug fixes to a lot of things from the older Expo demo are now active.

Second, new features like scripted saves, more secrets, more clues and more enemies have been added.

Thirdly. existing areas have been expanded with a warp zone and more hidden items.

Some regions (such as Metroid and Final Fantasy) are still under construction.

I currently plan to release a new demo this fall (probably at the Expo) which will hopefully include the entirety of level 1-6.

Stay tuned for further information!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users