Passage Through Time

• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#31 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:12 PM

To those who have reported that certain chests have nothing in them- I just want to make sure I understand what's going on. Each of those large overworld chests has precisely one item in them. They don't have something different at other times of the day. If you went to a chest, opened it and found nothing... then that's a bug. Otherwise, it isn't.

Okay. I think I resolved the problem for me. I was playing in zc 2.50, version 24. I went and got the latest zc 2.5.1 player, version 28, and the item in the sky chest containing the reinforced sword was there. But I did need your fix to get the raft, as I had already saved with the empty chest opened. So folks have to play in the latest player. Just make a copy of the save file in the old player and add it to the new player, along with the quest file. Should work. Hope this helps with your trouble shooting.

btw, I'm loving this quest! Did I identify the twilight music as the "Lost" theme, and the night music as "Mad World"? Excellent choice in music overall (along with many other nice features)!

• ywkls likes this

#32 phatjak69

phatjak69

Junior

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

So what's in the chest next to Level E?  Can't get that one.

#33 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:07 PM

So what's in the chest next to Level E?  Can't get that one.

If I'm not mistaken, that should be the lvl 3 sword (reinforced). But if you've already opened that chest, you have to reset and not save. Then change to the newest player (see instructions above), open with your old player save file and you should see the sword in the chest. If you've already saved after opening the empty chest, he'll have to give you another bug fix, I think...

#34 sctmorgan

sctmorgan

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:51 PM

NVM figured it out with practice.

Is it possible to run out of keys in Daylit Crevasse (lvl 3)?  I have the fast boots (?) but can't go any further without that key.  I also crashed through the walls on the first level.  I can't get up that ladder on the west side even trying to jump with the boots.

Edited by sctmorgan, 11 November 2015 - 07:04 PM.

#35 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:11 PM

edit - answered my own question

Edited by Mister Snooze, 11 November 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#36 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:58 PM

I noticed that the three arrow Moblins flash when hit, even though everything else flickers. Probably want to change them from using a combo to a tile to fix that. Also this:

Ghost_Waitframe(this, ghost, true, false);

Change the last false to true in their script. I had it this way for other reasons, but it should have been changed back for your quest. They can still fire arrows while they're dying right now.

• ywkls likes this

#37 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:07 AM

looking for super bombs, haven't seen any clues for them

once again I answered my own question

by the way thanks for this fun game

Edited by Mister Snooze, 12 November 2015 - 01:49 AM.

• ywkls likes this

#38 Solairflaire

Solairflaire

Initiate

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:59 AM

looking for super bombs, haven't seen any clues for them

They're in Turtle Rock. You'll get quite a few so you can finish the dungeon before needing to find the shop.

So, I made it through all the dungeons and did the Temple of Time. I think I encountered a pretty major bug which could make beating the game impossible if I'm right.

Spoiler

#39 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:01 AM

So, I made it through all the dungeons and did the Temple of Time. I think I encountered a pretty major bug which could make beating the game impossible if I'm right.

Spoiler

Yes, you are supposed to kill all four bosses. I'm not sure if this is a script issue or a version issue.

The way it is set up now, there is a script which is supposed to send you to the final version of the Temple of Time. It is supposed to detect -A- whether you have the items you get from beating all 4 bosses and -B- if you've hit the switches which are in the rooms after beating all four bosses.

I'll look over the script and its placement in the game and see if I can find the cause of this malfunction.

#40 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:54 AM

Im stuck again... level 2. No idea what to do here:

http://postimg.org/image/524mwwmb1/

#41 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:59 AM

You can burn those with a candle. The shop that sells it is in the area past the bridge south of the castle.

#42 renaultgamer0

renaultgamer0

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:15 PM

I wonder where is the NPC that will want the air freshener is?  Looked all over to find them and shifted time to do so.  I am also curious to know how many friendship tokens there are since I am afraid that I am missing one from the village that houses the Abandoned Villa.

#43 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:15 PM

Im not sure Im going in the right direction...

Just finished level 2, got a red potion from a blue chest in the northern desert. Little annoyed, wanted the Adult Wallet.

Found my way to Level C Windswept Jail, and got the boomerang. Doesn't look like I can make much more progress from here tho.

I found level B somewhere... just got to find my way back to that...

EDIT:

Never mind, just finished both level B and C. Zelda says I need to go to the Zora Island next... Im assuming thats the island to the west of level 1. Made it there at dawn when there is low tide, but now not sure what to do.... Plus can anyone shed some light on those blue chests? Any ideas where I can find some more keys?

Edited by Joki, 12 November 2015 - 01:48 PM.

#44 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:20 PM

I wonder where is the NPC that will want the air freshener is?  Looked all over to find them and shifted time to do so.  I am also curious to know how many friendship tokens there are since I am afraid that I am missing one from the village that houses the Abandoned Villa.

The NPC who wants the Air Freshener is inside the Volcanic Fissure. (In fact, most of the NPCs in the end part of the trading quest are in dungeons.) There are 20 Friendship tokens in all. The one in the village that houses the Abandoned Villa can be gotten at night. You must talk to Nayru after getting the Hammer to acquire it. (This appearance of Nayru may not vanish as normal, due to unknown bugs with that screen.)

Don't worry too much about missing some stuff. Even if you beat the game without getting everything, it loads a save screen that will set you back to the beginning of the last dungeon and you can head out and obtain what you missed.

Im not sure Im going in the right direction...

Just finished level 2, got a red potion from a blue chest in the northern desert. Little annoyed, wanted the Adult Wallet.

Found my way to Level C Windswept Jail, and got the boomerang. Doesn't look like I can make much more progress from here tho.

I found level B somewhere... just got to find my way back to that...

EDIT:

Never mind, just finished both level B and C. Zelda says I need to go to the Zora Island next... Im assuming thats the island to the west of level 1. Made it there at dawn when there is low tide, but now not sure what to do.... Plus can anyone shed some light on those blue chests? Any ideas where I can find some more keys?

The wallet that holds more than 255 rupees is in a blue chest near the shop that is south of Hyrule Castle. It can only be opened at day.

There are precisely ten blue chests and ten keys to open them. Most of the keys are nearby at a different time of day. If you use one on the wrong chest, you'll have to wait to get another one. If you like, I can put up a list of the locations for the keys; although some require the acquisition of late-game items to reach.

You need the Pegasus Boots (from Level 3) to enter the island that Zelda directs you to.

To reach it, start on the north side of Hyrule Castle at day and go west, then north up the vines.

Head west to a cave and through it. Climb the vines on the far side. Level 3 is at the top of them.

Edit: I was going to make all of the save screens their own DMap so that if you continue on the overworld, you'll end up back at the last one that you visited; then I realized that doing that might unintentionally break the day/script. So now I've got to figure out a way around that.

I'm also working on possible alternate solutions to a reported bug in the Temple of TIme that's almost certainly script-related.

Edited by ywkls, 12 November 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#45 derby77

derby77

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:33 PM

Great quest! Where's the boomerang? I think I need it for level 4

Edited by derby77, 12 November 2015 - 02:34 PM.

• ywkls likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users