Photo

Screenshot of the Week 283

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 283 (62 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

Yoshidude, what was the intention when you created that shot? It's a too familiar-looking for me, since it seems to be heavily influenced by a certain part of a map I've created some time ago...

Anyways, I'll have to go with Sheik on this one. It's really getting hard to vote in these contests for me, because in some matter I've helped in either design or spritework and it only makes choosing look more one-sided when I cast my vote. (Not that anyone would know if I didn't say anything, but sometimes it helps to give feedback.)

#17 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:00 PM

I nulled. Not because I didn't like one shot, but because I couldn't pick one. Seriously, they've all got their strong points and they all look great. So, great work everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

#18 Cameron

Cameron

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

Wow there are so many good shots here; mine didn't even stand a chance. I think less boxtastic mountains would have helped me a lot.

I nulled but I can say that Gleeok and Furion would have been close if I voted.

Edited by XxGamasterxX, 22 February 2010 - 07:21 PM.

#19 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(XxGamasterxX @ Feb 22 2010, 05:17 PM) View Post

I think less boxtastic mountains would have helped me a lot.

You submitted a JPEG, so that already took out some votes. Plus it is too straight, like you said. If you mixed that, changed the color palette, swapped a few trees for some detail, I am sure it would work.

By the way. I found it odd on Migo's shot where some trees had an outline of black and others didn't.

Edited by Furion, 22 February 2010 - 07:28 PM.

#20 BitZero

BitZero

Junior

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:28 PM

Voted for Migokalle. Very tough choice between Furion, Migo, and Sheik. Great shots this week, though.

#21 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

I voted for Gleeok. It's new and interesting. The other shots are great too, though. Nice job this week. icon_wink.gif

#22 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(Furion @ Feb 23 2010, 01:27 AM) View Post

You submitted a JPEG, so that already took out some votes. Plus it is too straight, like you said. If you mixed that, changed the color palette, swapped a few trees for some detail, I am sure it would work.

By the way. I found it odd on Migo's shot where some trees had an outline of black and others didn't.
They all have black outlines, with the exception of the foot of the trees on the snowy part. This is to make it seem like there's actually snow there, instead of having the trees "float" over the snow. I'm planning to add a grass-effect similar to what I've done with the mountains, on the trees that's standing on grass.

#23 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Feb 22 2010, 05:53 PM) View Post

They all have black outlines, with the exception of the foot of the trees on the snowy part. This is to make it seem like there's actually snow there, instead of having the trees "float" over the snow. I'm planning to add a grass-effect similar to what I've done with the mountains, on the trees that's standing on grass.

Thats pretty unique there, actually.Though now I look more of it, the snow cover tiles do not seem so natural....

#24 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:13 PM

Sheik because I love that colorful tiles.

#25 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:05 AM

I can't decide out of Migokalle or Furion I'll tell what I like:

- Furion I really like the planets/stars and I like the detail its very pleasing to eye the water is excellent nice pallet.

- Migokalle I really like the snow I guessing when you hit the switch the big pillar moves and falls in the pit so you can enter Snowball Valley am I right? anyways I voted for you.

The rest seem unpleasing to my eye icon_unsettled.gif no offense but its just IMO.

#26 lightdestroyer

lightdestroyer

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:36 AM

I had to vote for Furion. The palette is beautiful, the screen doesn't lack details and the overall design just scream awesomeness.

#27 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:51 AM

Voted for ZeeLiam, i love that classic palette!

Also like the other ones icon_smile.gif

Gj.

#28 Soarin

Soarin

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:06 AM

I really can't decide on this they are all good.

#29 jerome

jerome

"Ducks eat for free at Subway"

• Members

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:45 PM

I really wanted to vote for Gleeok's, but Furion's screen took it. Sorry Gleeok. It's tough to compete with the metroid graphics. I just hope there will be more fromthe both of them.

#30 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

Even though I've seen Migo's before, I absolutely loved it. There were about 4 others I wanted to vote for too hah!

I'm gonna say that if you fire the red arrow at the thing, it will make the snow melt away, am I right? I'm good I know... icon_rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users