• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 elmind

elmind

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:07 AM

Here goes my ideas:

*Tron (Thanks to the boomerang that can act as the primitive disc)
*Goemon (4 swords upgrade, 4 pipe (?) upgrades)
*Castlevania (same rule as Goemon, but with whips)
*New* Okami (Come to think: Sword, mirror... What more?)

If anyone is going to do any of those ideas, tell me... I'd would be glad to help! ^^

EDIT: Here's a link to this topic on Armageddon Games:
http://armageddongam...ead.php?t=94968

Edited by elmind, 24 January 2007 - 05:55 PM.

#2 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:52 AM

I have ideas too, here they are:
Heck, TV shows need there pride of place in ZC:
    Malcom in The Middle (They could run away or something. Francis could fight Spangler lol)
    Doctor Who (You never know. There was a Lexx quest)
    Harry Potter (I could easily whip up a tileset for this if anybody wanted)
    Lord of The Rings (That would make a GREAT quest)
And now for some actual Videogame ideas:
    Mario 64 ZC (An idea I've had for ages now. Soon we can have more than 8 Triforce pieces, so it might be possible)
    Legend of Zelda: Oh no the tap's too hot (You play adult Link, but you have to babysit a very young Zelda/Saria/Mido/Ruto for a very long afternoon and then they go missing and you have to find them, collecting bits of a cookie they have dropped and broken to find them)

#3 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 16 December 2006 - 11:13 AM

*Goemon (4 swords upgrade, 4 pipe (?) upgrades)

I can think of much better examples than that. Play Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon for N64 and you'll notice that it is full of Zelda similarities.
  • Camera = Lens of Truth/Amulet
  • Chain Pipe = Hookshot
  • Medal of Justice/Medal of Fire = Arrow/Silver Arrow
    (this is perfect because Goemon throws money, and the classic Bow and Arrow costs rupees to use)
  • Ryo = Rupees
  • Golden Fortune Doll = Heart Container
  • Silver Fortune Doll = HC Piece
  • Mr. Elle Fant = Map
  • Mr. Arrow = Compass
  • Silver Key = Key
  • Diamond Key = Boss Key
  • Bronze/Silver/Gold Armor = Blue/Red/Gold Rings
  • Bronze/Silver/Gold Helm = Small/Magic/Mirror Shield
  • Flute/Dragon = Whistle/Whirlwind
  • Hammer = Hammer icon_razz.gif
  • Riceball/Plum Riceball = Blue/Red Potion
  • Cucumber = Bait
  • Stones = Triforce Pieces
  • Bazooka = Golden Arrow
  • Bomb = Bomb
  • Dumplings = Recovery Hearts
  • Golden Dumplings = Fairy
  • Kunai of Severe Cold = Boomerang

Honestly, most of these items work exactly the same way in these two games. It's perfect.
(Yes, I have thought about making this quest myself)

#4 elmind

elmind

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE(Limzo @ Dec 16 2006, 01:52 PM) View Post

Malcom in The Middle (They could run away or something. Francis could fight Spangler lol)

I never heard of...

Doctor Who (You never know. There was a Lexx quest)

Same as above...

Harry Potter (I could easily whip up a tileset for this if anybody wanted)

I don't think much of it... Maybe with the next version of ZC...

Lord of The Rings (That would make a GREAT quest)

Yup, it would... But it would be a quest for each playable char

Mario 64 ZC (An idea I've had for ages now. Soon we can have more than 8 Triforce pieces, so it might be possible)

YAY! ^^ Excelent idea!

Legend of Zelda: Oh no the tap's too hot (You play adult Link, but you have to babysit a very young Zelda/Saria/Mido/Ruto for a very long afternoon and then they go missing and you have to find them, collecting bits of a cookie they have dropped and broken to find them)

Sounds stupid... ^_~...

#5 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Dec 16 2006, 08:13 AM) View Post

I can think of much better examples than that. Play Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon for N64 and you'll notice that it is full of Zelda similarities.
  • Camera = Lens of Truth/Amulet
  • Chain Pipe = Hookshot
  • Medal of Justice/Medal of Fire = Arrow/Silver Arrow
    (this is perfect because Goemon throws money, and the classic Bow and Arrow costs rupees to use)
  • Ryo = Rupees
  • Golden Fortune Doll = Heart Container
  • Silver Fortune Doll = HC Piece
  • Mr. Elle Fant = Map
  • Mr. Arrow = Compass
  • Silver Key = Key
  • Diamond Key = Boss Key
  • Bronze/Silver/Gold Armor = Blue/Red/Gold Rings
  • Bronze/Silver/Gold Helm = Small/Magic/Mirror Shield
  • Flute/Dragon = Whistle/Whirlwind
  • Hammer = Hammer icon_razz.gif
  • Riceball/Plum Riceball = Blue/Red Potion
  • Cucumber = Bait
  • Stones = Triforce Pieces
  • Bazooka = Golden Arrow
  • Bomb = Bomb
  • Dumplings = Recovery Hearts
  • Golden Dumplings = Fairy
  • Kunai of Severe Cold = Boomerang
Honestly, most of these items work exactly the same way in these two games. It's perfect.
(Yes, I have thought about making this quest myself)

Would you believe that I've already done that? I mean, almost exactly as you have it down. I tried to make a Goemon quest a few years ago, but nothing ever came out of it, but those items are almost exactly the same as the ones I had. Makes me want to go back and rework it... Almost

#6 elmind

elmind

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:11 PM

Well, there's always time to do so...

#7 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 05:19 PM

Why do I get the feeling that this quest idea thread will turn into a Goemon quest thread? I had the same idea, myself. I wanted to recreate Mystical Ninja for the N64, but I didn't know how to recreate the Impact battles. Btw, bazooka should be the wand, though.

Anyway, before I steer this thread into a ditch or something...
  • Faxanadu Remake (working on that after Trinity Worlds)
  • Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (I thought about doing this for 2.11)
  • WarioWare (good experience with warps and combos required for Microgames)

Let me briefly explain each:
Faxanadu - basic side-scrolling adventure, but can easily be adapted to an overhead style
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - good practice for making custom bosses. Also good for 2.11's multiple warps.
WarioWare - like I said above. It's not that hard if you know what to do. There's a WarioWare: Mega Party Game$ MIDI for the microgames. It includes the Zelda microgame tune (at multiple speeds).

#8 elmind

elmind

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE(Animus01 @ Dec 16 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post

Why do I get the feeling that this quest idea thread will turn into a Goemon quest thread? I had the same idea, myself. I wanted to recreate Mystical Ninja for the N64, but I didn't know how to recreate the Impact battles. Btw, bazooka should be the wand, though.

I agree with you... Bazooka goes better for Wand and let's get to the main subject again.

Faxanadu Remake (working on that after Trinity Worlds)
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest (I thought about doing this for 2.11)
WarioWare (good experience with warps and combos required for Microgames)

hm... Maybe...

Faxanadu - basic side-scrolling adventure, but can easily be adapted to an overhead style

Never played it! ^_~;

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - good practice for making custom bosses. Also good for 2.11's multiple warps.

We don't really need to wait...

WarioWare - like I said above. It's not that hard if you know what to do. There's a WarioWare: Mega Party Game$ MIDI for the microgames. It includes the Zelda microgame tune (at multiple speeds).

Wouldn't be a good idea... Trust me...

#9 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:39 PM

Btw, bazooka should be the wand, though.

That is a good idea only because it's a seperate item from the Medal of Justice, but the Golden Arrow is actually more similar to the bazooka in function because of its range of destruction and the fact that it costs money to use.

#10 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 16 December 2006 - 09:23 PM

Crystalis: It's practically Zelda anyways, but it needs a sequel. A new Crystalis adventure would be kinda cool if done in Zelda Classic.

Startropics: See Crystalis

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: more of a novelty idea, but something similar to Megaman: Dr. Wily's revenge could be done. Would require a version of ZC with COMPLETE LINK TILE MODIFICATION though. quest story: the power coins (and most of the rangers) have been captured by Lord Zedd and Rita's henchmen, and Cyclopsis is attacking Angel Grove industrial center. Zordon still has the powerless Green Ranger coin though, and if Tommy can find another way to charge it, he can call upon it's power one more time, until he can get back his White Tiger coin. When all the power coins have been secured, The White Tiger Megazord is used for the final battle.

Gradius: again, more of a novelty, but could have some interesting effects. Imagine for once, something more like a metroidish maze rather than the typical Gradius affair. Story? 3 months ago, a planet mysteriously exploded, somewhere on the edge of the galaxy. Latis's Royal fighter jet, Lord British, was sent to investigate, but hasn't returned. Now Vic Viper has been sent to explore the surrounding ruins and find his crimson friend.

#11 Moresco

Moresco

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:49 AM

I dunno, those sound alright, the most interesting being Crystalis. Though, I'd much rather see someone redo Neutopia I and II in ZC.

As for original ideas, I am thinking of making a quest where you play Zelda and save Link or something. Basic idea, just needs a decent plot and some more creative angles....otherwise it's just not worth doing. That'd be just for fun, gits and shiggles etc...

Other than that I don't have any ideas at the moment worth sharing.

#12 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:16 AM

yes, thank you for reminding me of Neutopia!! another Zelda parallel that would probably do well in ZC.

as for other Zelda like games being done in ZC...

The Guardian Legend: Animus did a screenshot of Guardian Legend in ZC a little while back, but I don't know if that's actually gonna become anything.

obviously, Shmup mode probably wouldn't be in it.

Fester's Quest: Peteo has shown screenshots, and from the look of things, intends to someday actually release it.

other games that aren't necessarily Zelda-like...

Chrono Trigger: it's been way too long. We totally should have a Chrono Trigger quest by now. especially something starring Magus.

#13 elmind

elmind

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:14 PM

Well, new ideas:
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows (Possible with the next ZC)
Pokémon (Possible with the next ZC)

and the best of'em all...

MORTAL KOMBAT: KONQUEST (possible with the next ZC or actual ZC with custom char+story)

#14 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(Old-skool @ Dec 17 2006, 12:16 AM) View Post
The Guardian Legend: Animus did a screenshot of Guardian Legend in ZC a little while back, but I don't know if that's actually gonna become anything.

It's still up in the air, but if 2.5 allows the character to get a little more versatile, I would be able to either recreate the Corridors or make something entirely new for them.

I REALLY like the Mortal Kombat idea. I'd like to see something of it. icon_smile.gif

#15 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 12 January 2007 - 03:45 PM

Pokémon (Possible with the next ZC)

Uhh... icon_eyebrow.gif What exactly do you mean by "possible"? ZC's enginge can hardly emulate anything from Pokemon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users