Photo

Screenshot of the Year 2019 - Finals

Moosh Matthew Russ

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Year 2019 (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:50 PM

Undying fame. Limitless praise. Admiration the world over. Who will become the champion?

It all hinges on you, the voters. Let the Screenshot of the Year finals begin!

Moosh - SotM 171
Moosh.png
Thanks, I hate it!

Matthew - SotM 178
Matthew.png
_O (stares at you from behind pillar) ((From the 6th quest contest :naughty:))

Russ - SotM 173
Russ.png
Have you ever stopped to think about how weird it is that several games have you climb up waterfalls by jumping up debris flowing down them despite the fact that this debris would be accelerating downwards just as quickly as you, making this completely unfeasible? Whatever happened to realism?

• nicklegends and Matthew like this

#2 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 02 February 2020 - 03:34 PM

For me, it's Matthew.

• Matthew likes this

#3 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 03 February 2020 - 12:28 AM

Based Dimentio submits decisive vote for Matthew

#4 Hari

Hari

Snivy Gang

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 03 February 2020 - 04:30 PM

I voted for Russ's. The background is beautiful, and the screen is in general well put together.

Matt's is a very close second (That was a really hard choice to make, lol). I love the way you used classic in this shot. It looks very nice.

Moosh's is also a great screen. The root structures are intriguing, and the palette is nice.

There were a lot of good screenshots this year, and I'm sure 2020 will have many great ones too. :)

#5 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:16 PM

Three shots, three contestants, three styles.

Moosh: The "hook" to this screen is definitely the root structure. Not just a neat concept, it's executed really nicely, with consistent graphics and an interesting layout. The waterfall is a nice touch.

Matthew: The shadows add soo much depth. They're stark enough to make it look like this shot was taken on the moon. It's not immediately obvious to me what the black area is supposed to be. It might make more sense in context of the surrounding area.

Russ: I like the layout and the boldness of the side-view perspective. It does bug me a bit that the background is more saturated than the cave interior tiles on the top and bottom. Usually, flipping this would better communicate the playable area. (I'm also being really picky because this is one of the three best screenshots of the 100+ submitted last year. The shot deserves to be here.)

I cast my vote for Moosh.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Moosh, Matthew, Russ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users