Photo

Map of the Month 81

Lunaria

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Map of the Month 81 (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote with all the eagerness of somebody who's waited a month to vote.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:26 AM

Lunaria
The complete world map of Legend of Lana DX! You can still see a bit of the first quest map in there if you squeeze your eyes hard enough! (Circles are whistle warp points!)

Sheik

I'll address the topic before it comes up: Lunaria has been banned from PureZC; however, I decided to include her map in this month's contest on the basis of her submitting her map before the staff's decision and my belief in letting maps succeed by their own merits rather than their creator's popularity. As always, please leave a short explanation of your vote if you can. Thanks! :)
  • Anthus likes this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:01 AM

Lunaria - I can definitely still see Z1's overworld in this, but it's really cool how much has been changed. The use of classic here is phenomenal and I really like how it looks overall.

Sheik - This reminds me of the old 2.10 days when people used to use this tileset. I've always been quite a fan of this, and you definitely have made a really good looking map out of it. Some transitions from screen to screen look weird (like with shadows being cut off), but it's nothing major. Nice job.

Very close contest to be honest, but I'm going for Lunaria this month.

• nicklegends likes this

#3 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:16 AM

It's very difficult, to make a good map with the tileset, Shiek used. I tried this once and failed. But Shiek did a really great job, so my vote goes here. ^^

• nicklegends likes this

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:22 AM

I voted Sheik while also just having my mind blown that it's been Sheik this whole and not Shiek. 18 years and I'm just realizing this now. 

I'm gonna go lie down for awhile. 

• Anthus, nicklegends and Joelmacool like this

#5 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

The area on the right side of Lunaria's map kinda reminds me of that swamp in Earthbound for some reason.

#6 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

I voted Sheik while also just having my mind blown that it's been Sheik this whole and not Shiek. 18 years and I'm just realizing this now. 

I'm gonna go lie down for awhile. 

It is "Shiek" in the German translation. In fact, I used to go as Shiek before I changed over to Sheik.

• Anthus and TheLegend_njf like this

#7 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:18 PM

Both great. Lunaria's is a great map that really expands on the world style of Z1. Sheik won my vote by a hair because there's a lot of reimagining and design work going on there, it's not just a new look.

Edited by Cukeman, 01 November 2016 - 09:14 PM.

• nicklegends likes this

#8 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:26 PM

I voted for Lunaria. Its got some really nice colors and is overall a very good looking use of a modified classic tileset.

• nicklegends likes this

#9 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:21 PM

I love both maps, and both do a great job accomplishing so much with "minimalist" tilsets, but my vote goes to the dearly departed Lunaria. Such exceptional use of Classic. Good job to both entrants though, Sheik's map is no slouch. :)
  • nicklegends likes this

#10 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:50 PM

Voting totals:
Lunaria (12 votes [54.55%])
– Sheik (10 votes [45.45%])

Lunaria and her grandiose map from Legend of Lana DX take this month's prize in a close match. Congrats! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lunaria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users