Photo

Search For Elise Help

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 CJ7

CJ7

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

I have been trying out some old quests that I have never played before and I really like this one, but Level 7 (the Haunted Castle) has me stumped. I have the hammer and the cross, but I can't seem to get on the other side of the bell tower (where I assume the Master key is located). When I search for help on this quest I get references to an old forum that has been shut down. Does anyone remember how to handle this? Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

I tried this a long time ago, played for like two hours, and, as I recall, didn't even find Level 1. I should probably give it another shot. Will it work in 2.5?

#3 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE(CJ7 @ Apr 2 2013, 05:50 PM) View Post

I have been trying out some old quests that I have never played before and I really like this one, but Level 7 (the Haunted Castle) has me stumped. I have the hammer and the cross, but I can't seem to get on the other side of the bell tower (where I assume the Master key is located). When I search for help on this quest I get references to an old forum that has been shut down. Does anyone remember how to handle this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Let see if i remember this ,,, oh yes use the hammer on those red skull statues then (blue doors) should open and you find
a path leading you to the boss key

#4 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

This quest and all of Freedoms's other quests need to be updated to 2.5 sometime. In level 6 there is a hookshot crossing in the northwestern corner of the dungeon that is quite impossible to cross if you are using 2.5 to play this quest. Such a shame, considering that you find a key on the other side of that hookshot crossing.

Edited by Nolornbon, 16 April 2013 - 09:19 PM.

• LikeLike888 likes this

#5 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

Hi! yes, you can send a PM to freedom and will take care of this matter icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif
QUOTE(Nolornbon @ Apr 16 2013, 09:18 PM) View Post

This quest and all of Freedoms's other quests need to be updated to 2.5 sometime. In level 6 there is a hookshot crossing in the northwestern corner of the dungeon that is quite impossible to cross if you are using 2.5 to play this quest. Such a shame, considering that you find a key on the other side of that hookshot crossing.

#6 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE(vravelo @ Apr 17 2013, 11:12 PM) View Post

Hi! yes, you can send a PM to freedom and will take care of this matter icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif

I could send Freedom a PM, but there is no telling if and when he will ever come to this site again. Does he do anything concerning Zelda Classic anymore?

I went ahead and sent him a PM. Let us hope he responds to it.

Edited by Nolornbon, 18 April 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#7 blabla

blabla

Initiate

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

did you find it in the end? I have exactly the same problem. Checked everything with the lens, bombed every wall... :shrug:

If you could give me a hint, it would be great :slycool:

#8 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Wooo! A recent Search for elise thread!

What a coincidence, I just started playing this again a few days ago.

So, having struggled to find and clear level 1 to 4, level 5 went smoothly.

Now it's time for level 6.

Heading to the valley of the king, check

Using magical book to open path, check

Stuck in a dead end, check.

What am I supposed to do here? :eyebrow:

QBHOYtm.png

Playing using beta 184, which surprinsigly managed to run in windows 8

Here's my inventory screen

EDIT : oooookay you need to burn the right cotton tree FIRST, then the left one. Of course, when I tried, I first burnt the left one.... Geez

Edited by Dorian, 07 September 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#9 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

Now in level 9 : found a key, used it, and now I have nowhere to go ...

This is furthest I can go : http://imgur.com/a/TpdQn

I had no particular issue getting the Boss key there. You just need to go through the living quarters, I think

#10 blabla

blabla

Initiate

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hi Dorian,

great to see I'm not the only one playing at the moment, although I had left this quest aside for a while as I'm still stuck.

I'm obviously missing a passage. When I go through the living quarters I end up at the Switch to lower the three bricks beside the door, but I cannot find my way to this door.

I'm playing in 2.5 - maybe it is another "hook-issue". Could you cross / hook over to the other side of the tower?

#11 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

The switch is required to open up the path to the Boss Key. In order to reach the Boss key room, you need to cross the gap under the bell. So if have issue with hookshooting stuff in 2.50, you probably stuck for good

I took some screenies

I remember a program called "ZConsole" but only for earlier version of ZC that enabled cheating. It was super useful for this kind of situations. (the Beta 183 version is listed on the download page of zeldaclassic.com) Other versions are available here. Unfortunately, no 2.50 version yet.

I might even use it to see the end of the game. There's actually a lot of keys that could be saved in dungeons. For instance, in level 6 there are two chests but with all the keys I found I could only open one. I later discovered, using a key from later levels, that it contained din's fire. I bought it so I did not save the game. In level 4 or 5, there's a magic bottle. However you get one extra free in the valley of the king. Also in level 7, the bottom-west screen is useless and requires a key.

Now that I'm stuck because of locked doors, I might want to redo the game by carefully using my keys... But is it really the way the game is meant to be played? I always found the keys/locks in the game to be quite confusing

Edited by Dorian, 10 September 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#12 blabla

blabla

Initiate

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

Thanks for your quick answer - and the screenshots.

I'm afraid it really is a hookshot problem, as I cannot cross this gap in 2.5 :swelter:

Maybe I will replay the quest in another build as it is so nice.

#13 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

I finally managed to find some time to make a complete video walkthrough :)  Those on the internet were all incomplete

Link to playlist

• Anthus likes this

#14 LikeLike888

LikeLike888

Spicy food lover!!

• Members

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

If SFE (Search For Elise) has any cheat codes what are the cheat codes for SFE please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users