Underrated or Obscure ZC Quests

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 Lynx

Lynx

• Members

Posted 25 November 2018 - 04:38 PM

A New Adventure and Zelda: A New Dawn.

Okay, so there are some flaws in these two quests, but I personally enjoyed them...

Just wanted to thank everyone on this thread who mentioned ‘A New Adventure’ (and of course jsm) for making it. Never knew anything about it, and it turned out to be a lot of fun.  Completely unexpected!

-As for my vote I’d place “The Wrath and Longing of Nemel” by Vargen, at the top of the list of obscurity. I’m not exactly sure why this quest is so overlooked, I consider it a treasure among quests. If offers so much, esp. in it’s large, 3-part Overworld – there’s a lot to explore and find. It was the 1st quest I played that had an overworld at this scale. Also its music was very memorable.

Also I think Saffith’s <Insert Quest Title Here> deserves a spot on this list, although I’m not sure just how unappreciated his quest is, but I feel it gets somewhat lost in the shuffle mainly for being a mini quest. Its still a solid, very enjoyable quest that used the Pure tileset in interesting ways I haven’t seen done in other quests (like dark cave tiles for instance). And having only 5-levels shouldn’t necessarily dismiss a quest, as long as it’s still entertaining, like Saffith’s quest.

Edited by Lynx, 25 November 2018 - 04:41 PM.

• Rambly likes this

#47 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:07 PM

I've....not really played more than like 3-4 quests total of other people's. Seriously. For as much as a designer as I was back in my heyday, I really didn't play Zelda Classic all that much. However, if I had to give an underrated quest out there that I DID actually play, it was Fall of Da Honky Pig by Mr. Z. It was silly, irreverent and just plain fun. 

#48 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:12 PM

The God of Power. This quest was amazing and I believe it was the first good quest I ever played. It was also how I learned how to do curtain things in ZQuest. The game has this magical feel due to the unique way the game progresses.

• Architect Abdiel likes this

#49 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:46 PM

The God of Power. This quest was amazing and I believe it was the first good quest I ever played. It was also how I learned how to do curtain things in ZQuest. The game has this magical feel due to the unique way the game progresses.

Just looked it up. Think I'll have to give it a shot later.
  • TheRock likes this

#50 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:54 PM

I know it's a 1st quest remake, but the Link to the Past Graphics 1st quest remake that came packaged with versions 1.92 and 2.10. It is basically the first quest, just a bit harder and with boss keys. Otherwise, has a nice selection of music and adds a few QoL features not present in the original (continuing with full hearts for instance). My only real gripe is that the Ganon fight is borderline unfair (you can get knocked into a pit and have to restart the fight). I kind of wish that quest got re-released on modern versions of ZC. Perhaps it could add in all of the new items introduced in 2.50 and include 8-way movement?

EDIT: This is the quest in question I am referring to:

I think there is a Newer Version I Think his Name was Zelda Overtoure :D

I Remember a Quest that was quietly Underated The Name of this Quest was Mirkos Force i Think it was only Aviable via Zelda Classic.de it was one of my First Quests that i have Completed it Used some Music from Wario Land 1 or 2 and Yoshis Island Cave Music i Know there was the White Sword in Level 3 a Tower Like Level ala Level 7 from Links Awakening :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users