Photo

Screenshot of the Week 494

coolgamer012345 joelmacool12 EddyTheOliveira DaviAwesome BitZero

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 494 (53 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:08 PM

joelmacool12

joelmacool12.png

Going classic this time, nothing compared to my old FireBird shots!

EddyTheOliveira

EddyTheOliveira.png

Starting area of a new GBC-style quest from me...

DaviAwesome

DaviAwesome.png

Hmm... Where do I go to get to that Heart Container?

coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345.png

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

BitZero

BitZero.png

how do firebird

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

I voted for EddyTheOliveira! It's rare to see a good looking and genuine-GBZ-styled EZGBZ screenshot. ...Well that was a mouthful.

Everything else came close second.

I like what BitZero made. The only thing stopping me from voting it was a few oddities and the palette. Same with Coolgamer012345's; it's very nicely done. The coral could use some more colour for variety's sake. Joelmacool12 and DaviAwesome both have some really nice screens too. The structure and detailing are very nice though there is not much else to say about them.

Good work everyone!

• Eddy, Jared and Hari like this

#3 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:33 AM

Davi instantly wins because he used DoR *gets shot by Joel*

But really, it's one of 3 screens that does not give me an eyesore, and Eddy's is too plain. Joel was almost 1st, but Davi won, barely.

Let the hate begin.
  • David and Hari like this

#4 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:11 AM

Waits  :   coolgamer012345

Is thats?

!0_0! ///   Desert or under .... watery?

(Just wants to knows is alls.)

<3

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 09 February 2015 - 03:11 AM.

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:15 AM

It's meant to be an explorable area under the sea, like you suggested in the previous Screenshot of the Week thread. :)

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#6 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:27 AM

Yup, I saw your post about making an underwater firebird screenshot and went 'CHALLENGE ACCEPTED', and then made that.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#7 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:33 AM

Yup, I saw your post about making an underwater firebird screenshot and went 'CHALLENGE ACCEPTED', and then made that.

!O_O! ////   .. i sees.* 

that is awesomes.  

Donts forget over-layered bubbles appearing from rocks !0~0! laters..*    i likes it alots. <3

i haves nots looked there yets.

It is very greats and mysterious, the screenshot is i will totallys tell you thats.*  

Leads to an underwater shine with a cave rights?   Or ancient weapon upgrade hidden insides rights?

!0~0!

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 09 February 2015 - 03:38 AM.

#8 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:38 AM

A bunch of really nice shots this week!

Joel: This is a nice classic screen that would look at home in a high quality classic quest. Is that a burnable bush I see on the right? I feel it's a tiny bit plain for SotW, but it's a good shot nonetheless.

Eddy: Personally, I'm a huge fan of bright, striking colors in quests. However, I think this one's a bit much. I'm curious to see where your quest is going, but on its own this shot doesn't do much for me.

DaviAwesome: This is a neat shot that has a little of everything. Water, mountains, trees ... And an enticing heart container, of course. It looks like a real screen from a quest while still having that SotW quality. Nice job!

coolgamer: I love underwater areas in quests, and you've made a great screen here. The layered coral combined with the Firebird tileset looks fantastic! My only issue is that I tend to prefer shots with Link and enemies in them. Without, this screen looks a bit empty.

BitZero: A very nice Firebird screen. That tree in the lower left doesn't look right against that mountain. Other than that, there's nothing really wrong here, but it doesn't have anything that reaches out and grabs me. Nice effort.

• Eddy, Avaro and David like this

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

Dang, everyone has some amazing screens this week XD Nulled since I'm a part of the competition.

I voted for EddyTheOliveira! It's rare to see a good looking and genuine-GBZ-styled EZGBZ screenshot. ...Well that was a mouthful.

Thanks a bunch, I appreciate it :D

and Eddy's is too plain.

Haters gonna hate. And I hate that comment (Jk) Fair enough if you think that, it's perfectly fine with me :D

Eddy: Personally, I'm a huge fan of bright, striking colors in quests. However, I think this one's a bit much. I'm curious to see where your quest is going, but on its own this shot doesn't do much for me.

Well, I'm trying to take an Oracle of Ages approach, and I basically used the same palette as Lybranna in the screenshot. Then again, it's perfectly fine if you think that. Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 09 February 2015 - 10:44 AM.

• Shane and Hari like this

#10 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:30 PM

I just wanted to say: Thank you for everyone who voted for me! I really appreciate it. :)

Anyway, looking at the screens, if I wasn't in the competition itself, I would probably have voted for coolgamer's underwater screen as I thought it was really creative to have an underwater shot with the layered coral that was used. Every other submitter did really well, though; this week turned out to be really great!

• Shane and coolgamer012345 like this

#11 xanadude

xanadude

heh

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:01 AM

As it is my first time writing a review of the SotW, I want to do it well for my first time.

joelmacool12: I really love the structure of the screen. It is wonderful, and you don't see Classic that much on SotW. But, Classic doesn't really do much for me.

EddyTheOliveira: I really dig how it is trying to emulate the Oracle games. It does well on that part. I really like the colors too. But, it is kind of a boring shot, as it is flooded with the same kind of tree, ya know? Still a nice screen though.

DaviAwesome: I really like the screen as a whole. There is nice detail, the structure is great, and the Heart container tops it all of. But, the thing that pulls it way down is the palette. Look at the water, it is like a neon blue compared to the very bright grass. And the trees compared to that grass looks a little odd. Still a nice screen though. :D

coolgamer012345: That screen is only nice. There isn't that much detail, and the dungeon and coral against Firebird looks kinda odd. I also despise weather or ambient effects on a whole screen. It hurts my eyes. Mainly, it is a cool screen though. It just came down to preference.

BitZero: I really love this screen. The variety of trees and all of the detail is wonderful. I am also a sucker for Firebird, especially when it is used right. I also like how you used a lot of tiles. It looks nice, and I like the palette used. My only complaint is that there is a tile error on the trees near the mountain. I understand why you did it, but it is wrong.

My vote when to BitZero this week. Nice shots, everyone!

• Eddy and David like this

#12 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:02 AM

EddyTheOliveira: I really dig how it is trying to emulate the Oracle games. It does well on that part. I really like the colors too. But, it is kind of a boring shot, as it is flooded with the same kind of tree, ya know? Still a nice screen though.

Yeah, I tried to keep the same tree to keep it as GBC as possible. Either way, thanks :D

Either way, I completely forgot to review my other competitors, here we go:

joelmacool12 - Pretty nice Classic shot! It's quite rare to see these kinds of shots nowadays and you pulled it off pretty nicely. Good job!

EddyTheOliveira - You copied Oracle of Ages -1/5

DaviAwesome - Absolutely beautiful. I have nothing to say, it's got the perfect atmosphere, perfect screen design, it has everything. I would have voted here if I was not in the competition.

Coolgamer012345 - It looks pretty nice, but eh I dunno. There's not a whole lot of detail, so maybe adding in some more coral and other sea objects here and there to make it look like it's an actual ocean? Either way, looks pretty good.

BitZero - I like it, a lot. That's a really neat screen with very nice. If David had not submitted, I would've voted here too.

• Shane and David like this

#13 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

Joel - It's a classic screen with good enhancements and good design.  But nobody arrived to know about it.

Eddy - It's a game boy screen with good design essentials.  But nobody arrived to know about it.

Davi - Link and the enemies have just arrived.  This also shows a mastery of design skills.

coolgamer012345 - Underwater nexas.  You win in the uniqueness category, as the other four chose to make the most commonly submitted screen type of SotW:  Overworld fields/forests.  Not to put them down though, since they are all good screens, all showing at least a decent expertise in screen design.  You managed that biome uniqueness while still designing a conceptually simple but pleasing screen, so kudos on that.  Oh, but nobody arrived to know about it.

BitZero - My favorite of the bunch by a slight advantage.  Fine details down to every bit.  While it's not the most pleasing palette out there for something that aims at being earthtone, it's certainly acceptable.  The big win comes with the design, where by far the most effort is.

While most were certainly your typical overworld with trees, I do like the variety of tilesets being utilized here.

• Eddy and David like this

#14 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

With 34.04% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 494 is Coolgamer012345!

coolgamer012345.png

Congratulations!

Voting totals:

- joelmacool12 (2 votes [4.26%])

- EddyTheOliveira (2 votes [4.26%])
- DaviAwesome (15 votes [31.91%])
- coolgamer012345 (16 votes [34.04%])
- BitZero (12 votes [25.53%])

• David likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coolgamer012345, joelmacool12, EddyTheOliveira, DaviAwesome, BitZero

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users