Photo

Screenshot of the Week 740

Haritiro FireSeraphim Geoffrey Joelmacool

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 October 2020 - 01:37 PM

Sorry for the delay, but here it is! Leave a vote for your favorite and some feedback!

FireSeraphim
FireSeraphim.png
Our Hero finds himself sneaking into a manor, to break into it's vault and uncover it's ill gotten treasures.

Geoffrey
Geoffrey.png

Haritiro
Haritiro.png
Some more Pure Remembrance stuff, this time featuring an autumnal mountainside.

Joelmacool
Joelmacool.png
A stereotypical GB screen

• Anthus, Twilight Knight, FireSeraphim and 4 others like this

#2 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2020 - 06:29 PM

This week's screenshots are kinda hard to choose from. Thankfully I have abstained for voting, But if I did vote it would probably be a tie between Geoffrey and Haritiro. Joemacool's screenshot doesn't click with me for some reason. If his goal was to make a boring generic tileset screenshot like his caption says then he has succeeded and it's lacking something to me.

• Joelmacool likes this

#3 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 13 October 2020 - 07:30 PM

If his goal was to make a boring generic tileset screenshot like his caption says then he has succeeded and it's lacking something to me.

That's precisely the reason of this shot.

• Anthus, Taco Chopper and Matthew like this

#4 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 15 October 2020 - 04:42 AM

FireSeraphim

Really nice atmosphere here of a magical and scary manor of sorts. I'm especially a fan of that locked door, I don't think I've seen that before. I do think the brown colours blend too much and the screen would benefit having a bit more contrast between those colours, but that's just an idea. No guarantees ;-)

Geoffrey

First off, great floor detailing! It's a pleasant screen that's inviting you to adventure. The foggy details on the right are nice too. All in all a very decent screen.

Haritiro

Very pleasing palette, great screen design, proper detailing. I think you nailed the autumn vibe here!

Joelmacool
Simple, yet a fair screen. I think you did a really good job on the mountain formation in the upper left. The detailing is also pretty sweet.

I voted for Haritiro, for it was the screen that stood out most to me. It was not easy though, since the other 3 screens are good contenders.

• Hari likes this

#5 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:01 PM

vote geoffrey 2020

... ... ...

In all seriousness, I would've voted for FS if I hadn't been in the running; but they're all really good this week.

#6 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 17 October 2020 - 03:43 PM

Geoffrey smacked me right in the balls with late 2000s PZC nostalgia. It was a much simpler time. Voted.

#7 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 17 October 2020 - 05:37 PM

All very good, but I liked Haritiro's elegant design and use of pure remembrance the best!

Also I see that owl. Or does it see me?

• Joelmacool and Hari like this

#8 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 October 2020 - 09:42 PM

Voted for Haritiro because it stood out as something fresh, and generally has good composition.

That said, I don't like the way you've used the purple rock and brown dirt in the walkable areas because it doesn't follow the actual play area. The central dirt streak pulls focus from the top of the screen straight down to that small group of bushes - this conveys to the player that that's where they should walk... but it leads to nothing. Instead, the play area sweeps out to the west, but this isn't immediately apparent because the consistent wall/floor colours paint a "barrier" between the middle and left of the screen.

To remedy this, I would "paint" the dirt sweeping down from the north and out to the west, to convey to the player that that's the intended direction of travel. I would also stretch the dirt on the left out a bit to meet the dirt from the north (they don't need to completely connect, but a connection should be implied). Using a different shade of purple for the rock floor would also help distinguish it from the "barrier" of the walls and make it clearer that it can be walked upon.

• ShadowTiger and Hari like this

#9 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:34 PM

Geoffrey smacked me right in the balls with late 2000s PZC nostalgia. It was a much simpler time. Voted.

I aim to please--in that very manner.

• Twilight Knight and Jared like this

#10 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 19 October 2020 - 02:09 PM

My vote goes to Haritiro.

#11 Hari

Hari

Snivy Gang

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 19 October 2020 - 05:52 PM

zquest_screen00220.png

Made some changes based on Noel's feedback.

Also, I voted for Joel, but the others are nice too.

• NoeL, Twilight Knight, Avaro and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Haritiro, FireSeraphim, Geoffrey, Joelmacool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users