[2.55] Disable Knockback for Enemies and Link

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:38 PM

I would like to request these two features simply because knockback is an absolute bust in ZC; "directional" bombs and boot stomps, enemies that don't get knocked back until they're done firing, and half-tile shenanigans where NPCs such as Leevers, Wallmasters, and Gibdos don't get knocked back at all even when hit straight-on.

I would prefer to be able to just design my quest around the enemies and (possibly) Link not getting any knockback when hit. I think ZC's unusual knockback rules are too much of a burden to expect players to memorize, and since I've heard that they can't really get improved, I'd prefer to just forego them entirely.

By the way, some people might want no knockback as an enemy option, but I'm perfectly fine with it just being a QR for my purposes.

Enemies that take knockback:

Walking

Leever

Peahat

Wall Master

Other

Other (Floating)

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:40 PM

I would like to request these two features simply because knockback is an absolute bust in ZC; "directional" bombs and boot stomps, enemies that don't get knocked back until they're done firing, and half-tile shenanigans where NPCs such as Leevers, Wallmasters, and Gibdos don't get knocked back at all even when hit straight-on.

I would prefer to be able to just design my quest around the enemies and (possibly) Link not getting any knockback when hit. I think ZC's unusual knockback rules are too much of a burden to expect players to memorize, and since I've heard that they can't really get improved, I'd prefer to just forego them entirely.

By the way, some people might want no knockback as an enemy option, but I'm perfectly fine with it just being a QR for my purposes.

Enemies that take knockback:
Walking
Leever
Peahat
Wall Master
Other
Other (Floating)

This is already available to scripts for enemies. Adding a QR to default it on probably wouldn't be the hardest. . .

#3 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:33 PM

You can do it with scripts for Link too, by setting Link->HitDir to -1 each frame.

• ShadowTiger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users