Run SFX from external files

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:04 PM

Is it possible to use certain sound effects outside the Sfx loader in ZC like exactly like how the Dmap just
 plays music sitting outside the .qst file?

Cause i am wondering if you guys could do a feature like that for my sound effects from slowing down my game file.

Maybe make a couple yellow folders like Sounds and Music sit outside the .qst so when you start up the game, it simply searches for Music Or Sound yellow folders outside the project to play sounds or music.

That way it doesn't slow down the project.

You would need like check boxes or something next to the sound effects in the sfx ZC whether it accessed sound outside the .qst or not.

You use the check box in the ZC sfx if it reads sounds outside in the yellow sound folder and you can still enter the name of that sound in ZC regularly.

This may also run Mp3 or .ogg possibly as sound effects also,  besides heavy Wave files in a .qst

-----

An example of this is like RPG maker 2000 where it just reads Sound or Music outside the actual .exe game from within yellow file folders.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 21 October 2019 - 06:10 PM.

#2 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:49 PM

As far as I am aware, this is not possible. Are you having issues with .wav files causing .qst file bloat? I've never seen that before -- keep in mind I've made quests with special sound effects for every enemy. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users