Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:01 PM

Where are the boots?

#32 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

Where are the boots?

They are some of the best hidden objects in the game...
Hidden in the begining of the game. You have to cut something inside a building to find them. They are in a place without monsters...

#33 andnay

andnay

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:51 AM

i canĀ“t find the dungeon item or the map in level 2

i have tried ... bomb, burn, walk trou walls in every room, but found  nothing  :confused:

please help me .....

thx !

#34 2024

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:54 AM

https://ibb.co/mThpdng

Alright, this is the place in the dark tower that something invisible blocks your way. Can't pass even after yesterday's update. Any ideas?

#35 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:22 AM

Alright, this is the place in the dark tower that something invisible blocks your way. Can't pass even after yesterday's update. Any ideas?

So i just heard of this error from another guy also that has mailed me a similar picture. Must be something i have messed up in a layer or so. It worked a month or so ago.

I was fixing another thing it was a side warp that was wrong typer if you tried to walk down from one floor to another.

But now i know what you really ment, thanks a lot!
I'll check it when i come home from work.

#36 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

New version D fixes bug in Level 8!

Ok, so now I have checked this and for some strange reason I had managed to put a combo of the type above right in the walking path of the tunnel in the Dark tower last week. Sorry if i miss understood you guys the first time. Thought it was a regular stair and not in the tunnels or whatever they are called. ( I have to take english lessons it seems! )

So now it should be fixed in the D version. Lots of Errors in this game very sorry for that, but thanks for everyone helping me!  :D

i canĀ“t find the dungeon item or the map in level 2

i have tried ... bomb, burn, walk trou walls in every room, but found  nothing  :confused:

please help me .....

thx !

In Lv 2 you get the map one or two rooms before the item, defeat all enemies and it will show up in the corner of a room. I'm not sure if you need to bomb or so to get there think so, but it's on the right side of the dungeon, maybe 4-5 squares up. 

I hope this helps or I can check it better.

#37 2024

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:05 PM

So now it should be fixed in the D version. Lots of Errors in this game very sorry for that, but thanks for everyone helping me!  :D

From my experience, every project is bound to have errors when it first comes out, that's why people invest in testing a lot, it's only natural that there will be things you'll have to fix. Don't let it get you down, I think you've done a really good job.  :slycool:

#38 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:43 PM

From my experience, every project is bound to have errors when it first comes out, that's why people invest in testing a lot, it's only natural that there will be things you'll have to fix. Don't let it get you down, I think you've done a really good job.  :slycool:

Well thanks a lot!

It have been a lot of hours, messing around and changing things... But fun and it still is.

Of caurse there is always some things that are broken becaurse you cannot test things in every way and then you get blinded and don't think outside the box. 

But it's kind of annoying that i managed to play through the game before christmas from start to end. But then again I guess I did everything in the "right way".

The last error was something i just managed to do without knowing it later on. Things that happends with diffrent combos that look the same.

So i have uploaded a D version i hope it shows up soon if you would like to play it.  I do hope all major things work now!.  

Anybody that has found some special areas yet? Or the Boots? Or the Cane? Or Black Sword? Don't tell the others where!  :P

• judasrising likes this

#39 Gendof

Gendof

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

I agree that this is a terrific quest!

I have found the boots and I am enjoying wandering all over the overworlds with Black Armor and powerful weapons.

More to discover.

#40 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:47 PM

I think that for a quest to be smooth and playable, it shouldn't have mandatory things that are hard to find.  Otherwise the player gets stuck and its a horrible feeling.  If they have no access to the forums and such then its a dead game to them.  Nintendo made a big mistake in the original Zelda to have mandatory secrets and they never repeated it in future Zelda games.  Nintendo also purposely and very specifically created the lens of truth to avoid situations like this and in other games such Super Metroid the X-Ray vision beam.  Quests should be reliably completable without having to go to the fourms and asking for help from the developer or anyone else because they can't find a particular mandatory item IMHO.

#41 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:26 PM

I agree that this is a terrific quest!

I have found the boots and I am enjoying wandering all over the overworlds with Black Armor and powerful weapons.

More to discover.

Well thanks a lot Gendof, Sometimes it's just a joy to walk around exploring. 

I like the Red armour and Magic sword best, they look the best. 

The boots are hard to find it seems... 

Have you found the Cane or black sword? 

I think that for a quest to be smooth and playable, it shouldn't have mandatory things that are hard to find.  Otherwise the player gets stuck and its a horrible feeling.  If they have no access to the forums and such then its a dead game to them.  Nintendo made a big mistake in the original Zelda to have mandatory secrets and they never repeated it in future Zelda games.  Nintendo also purposely and very specifically created the lens of truth to avoid situations like this and in other games such Super Metroid the X-Ray vision beam.  Quests should be reliably completable without having to go to the fourms and asking for help from the developer or anyone else because they can't find a particular mandatory item IMHO.

Interesting stuff there thanks for telling! Back before internet if you where stuck you was out of luck almost, but I remember photocopied walkthrous of games that you could if you where lucky get from a friends older brother or so that was it.

Ok I agree with you there. So I think that all important stuff are not to hard hidden. I would like people to finish the game without finding all things and without all hearts then go back again and try to find everything. 

Just like good old Super Metroid,. there is very hard to get 100% of all things and visit all places and seen all stuff in this game. 

• Shane and Epsalon ZX like this

#42 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:45 PM

When I was young...I was subscribed to Nintendo Power Magazine. If I ended up stuck....I would just stop for awhile and keep the save. Eventually...I'd see my situation asked and answered at in a two page FAQ section of the magazine. That was back when games could be completed in a day or less if you knew where to go and what to do.

• ms_zelda_lady, judasrising, Shane and 1 other like this

#43 2024

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:05 AM

Alright so, there's something weird going on.

Before the last update (D), I was stuck in the dark tower, at that point with the invisible block ( I posted an image above ). After the update, I managed to continue and finish the dungeon. However:

1. It now says dark tower is level 8 and I'm pretty sure it was level 7 before. Here's a screenshot:

https://imgur.com/dZuSw0M

I'm slightly confused, so I'd like to know where level 6 and 7 are!

2. I was under the impression we were going to get the flippers right after finishing the dark tower? But I finished it, got the triforce and got no flippers. Then I went back in again in the triforce room and walked out but still nothing.

Edited by 2024, 09 January 2019 - 07:22 AM.

• dr_henke likes this

#44 dr_henke

dr_henke

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:54 AM

Alright so, there's something weird going on.

Before the last update (D), I was stuck in the dark tower, at that point with the invisible block ( I posted an image above ). After the update, I managed to continue and finish the dungeon. However:

1. It now says dark tower is level 8 and I'm pretty sure it was level 7 before. Here's a screenshot:

https://imgur.com/dZuSw0M

I'm slightly confused, so I'd like to know where level 6 and 7 are!

2. I was under the impression we were going to get the flippers right after finishing the dark tower? But I finished it, got the triforce and got no flippers. Then I went back in again in the triforce room and walked out but still nothing.

Quick answer, the dark tower is level 8 and to point that out as someone said to me i changed the starting string to tell that in version d.
It has been level 8 since 2003 at least...

Level 7 is Links palace in South Hyrule. There you shall go back to the triforce room if you don't have the flippers. Added a side warp there when you try to exit the room in version b that brings you to the flippers.

Level 6 is the dwarfs.

You are finished with the dark tower if you got the triforce.
However there might still be secret there.

Edited by dr_henke, 09 January 2019 - 09:55 AM.

#45 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:39 AM

ufvmJ9H.png

I'm sure I finished all 8 dungeons and got all the triforce pieces. I went back through all the dungeons and checked. Still my subscreen shows I'm missing one.

Is there any way to tell which one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users