• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#1 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:56 AM

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=50070

Here is a page with a link supplied by Shadow (thanks much).......so let's start a help thread

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 29 May 2014 - 04:23 AM.

#2 Joe

Joe

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:32 AM

Was this quest completed? If so, is this the finial verision?

Enjoy the Day!

Thanks - Joe

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

I think it's for Build 187 of 1.92. Don't look at me for where to get it. >.>' It was a looooong time ago. Longer than I'd feel comfortable remembering. I think I was just an egg back then. Not sure why.

You can likely use 2.10, yes.

You get Bombs in Bell, I think. All the way to the East. There's this dead kingdom or something that enables its use.

... Heaven help you for when you get to the Strawberry Jam place boss.

Anyway, here's a video of how to beat the Skeleton Miniboss.
Spoiler

#4 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:49 PM

a

Edited by Lemon, 17 May 2019 - 01:29 AM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

The thing that amazed me by FAR the most is that he actually drew all those custom sprites for all aspects of the NPCs. Every single NPC, of which there are no fewer than a hundred, if not two, has a custom 4x4 (Yep, 4x4. Not a wimpy 3x3 or barely visible 2x2.) character portrait, complete with bubble frame for speech directed at them. Damn good stuff. Hell, look at Bell, land of wonder and whimsy! Look at the Triforce Forge! Everything is amazing!

Is it truly any wonder that it's my favorite quest?

#6 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

Hi!....has any -1 solved this cross??
Is a maze don't know the walk trough - I've tried ,, UUUR -RRRU _DURU ?? icon_confused2.gif
-
nothng work... any one please??? thanks
-
IPB Image

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

I feel like it was right up down down but I'm not sure. Something like that.

#8 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

gee!! thanks man!!
hope it work icon_blink.gif icon_eek.gif
- fooling around for so long got me dizzy already
icon_eyeitus.gif icon_teehee.gif icon_ahha.gif
-

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jun 4 2011, 01:15 PM) View Post

I feel like it was right up down down but I'm not sure. Something like that.

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

I just went on a run-through of the quest, doing everything that can possibly be done with only invincibility and 250 keys. The boss of the Grand Kettle stymies me. I can't believe he made timed block puzzles on a heated floor a boss event. @ @. It's absolutely ludicrous. That's with like, seven heart containers and the lowest level weapon, at most, too.

I need to go up to Sandsheer mountain and get the hookshot. It's very useful for getting the Matchstick. (The L1 Candle.) The entire mold cavern is based around your option of bypassing the Fire Caves entirely, so I'm led to believe, in achieving a way to burn things anyway. Five entrances. Gotta find 'em all... >.>

Oh, and no, I still haven't found the maze path in those Caves yet.

#10 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:28 AM

Would anybody mind making a Let's Play for this? I'm really not too keen about downloading an old version of ZC just to give this quest a look. I'd like to watch a video or two first.

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

I've been playing it in 2.5 RC2 and there aren't any bugs so far. The worst that there would be, is if the Flippers were available, but they're not yet, so the quest plays just fine, as far as I can see.

(Said bug with the flippers being that the cliffs you climb down are unwalkable water that you "swim' down. When you reach the bottom, you can't step off the cliff-ladder onto the land, so you stay "swimming" there. You can go up, but not down the ladder.

#12 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

How do you beat the strawberry boss in the wine cellar??? All I have is a sword.

#13 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

How do you beat the strawberry boss in the wine cellar??? All I have is a sword.

Me too , just the sword!

#14 C-Dawg

C-Dawg

Magus

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:35 PM

I've been playing it in 2.5 RC2 and there aren't any bugs so far. The worst that there would be, is if the Flippers were available, but they're not yet, so the quest plays just fine, as far as I can see.

(Said bug with the flippers being that the cliffs you climb down are unwalkable water that you "swim' down. When you reach the bottom, you can't step off the cliff-ladder onto the land, so you stay "swimming" there. You can go up, but not down the ladder.

Strange bug.  Yeah, I never got as far as that part anyway.

I'll tell you what, ShadowTiger.  I'll keep working on SD if you update each of my bosses to run on a single screen using scripts instead of chewing up maps like they're going out of style.  Deal? ;)

#15 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

I killed the pirhana boss on that cripty cave - just the sword and some bombs ,,

when the big trunk opened there was just a shield in there!!

Kinda tough  monster -- about 200 sword strokes to kill that ugly stuff :eyeitus: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users