7943 replies to this topic

#16 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE(Jimmyb @ Apr 16 2011, 10:56 PM) View Post

M_K, I'd have the waterfall extent one more tiles downwards. The way it is currently looks odd. The rest of the screen is excellent though. Id think of putting something orange or red on the screen, a bush perhaps where the LttP rock is, just to break the colours up a little.

IPB Image
Like this?

#17 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:11 AM

This is fine and dandy Ebola, but I don't want to have my screenshots critiqued. I just want to show them off. Do you have a thread for that?

#18 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE(Midnight_King @ Apr 17 2011, 03:07 PM) View Post

IPB Image
Like this?

Nope, I meant where the waterfall hits the bottom water. Sorry, I should have been more specific. But I actually think you should leave the top like that, so now just extent the waterfall down one tile at the bottom of it.

EDIT: The addition of the coloured trees/bushes looks great. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Jimmyb, 17 April 2011 - 12:17 AM.

#19 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

IPB Image
Like this? And does the purple look better or should I swap back to red?

#20 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:30 AM

Definitely go back to red, at the least. You don't see purple trees in real life, do you? icon_razz.gif

#21 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:35 AM

IPB Image
Yeah you also don't get red do you icon_razz.gif? Better?

#22 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE(Lynker @ Apr 17 2011, 03:30 PM) View Post

Definitely go back to red, at the least. You don't see purple trees in real life, do you? icon_razz.gif

Actually you see a lot of purple trees in real life, like Jacarandas. And Zelda really isn't the best portrait of 'real life'; it's a made up fantasy world. So whatever the colour tree, it shouldn't really matter. I like the look of the purple tree better in this case M_K. The screen is looking really great, keep it up!

#23 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:06 AM

@ MK: Very nice. Great detail, and love the use of the MC water. In fact, where the heck did you get Diagonal water sprites?

#24 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:11 AM

...the diagonal MC water came from Moo2wo.

icon_wink.gif hope that answers your prayers. And thanks.

Edited by Midnight_King, 17 April 2011 - 01:12 AM.

#25 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:21 AM

Not really. I mean, Where? What submission or forum?

#26 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE(Old-skool @ Apr 17 2011, 12:11 AM) View Post

This is fine and dandy Ebola, but I don't want to have my screenshots critiqued. I just want to show them off. Do you have a thread for that?

I know I'm not Ebola, but if you want to show off your screens without recieving criticism, put them in their respective quest project topic. If it's not made for a specific quest, um...maybe put it in your signature? It's kinda hard to give critique when it's in someone's signature. I mean you have to go to all the trouble to write up a PM that they might choose not to read.

#27 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Contributors

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(Old-skool @ Apr 17 2011, 12:11 AM) View Post

Nope. icon_unsettled.gif

Your best bet is to put it in a thread for the specific quest/tileset/project that you're showing off, and also note that you don't want any criticism. If you don't think that the project is worth a thread (or are just messing around) you can post it here and ask that you don't get critiques (or that people limit their critiques to a specific thing) but we're trying to not have to babysit the thread. If somebody gives you critique that was unwanted, just ignore it.

#28 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE(Midnight_King @ Apr 17 2011, 12:35 AM) View Post

IPB Image
Yeah you also don't get red do you icon_razz.gif? Better?

Some might disagree with me on this, but I find the MC water to be a bit style clashy with those graphics. It doesn't really go well with those mountains. Plus, I'm not a big fan of the waterfall either. It looks more like a tower of ice to me.

#29 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:08 AM

MK: Having more tree colours are fine and dandy, just be sure you pick the tree colours that match the feel of the screen that you want. If you want to be more of a spring/summer themed screen then brown trees would fit in better then red or purple.

I'm not really one to nag about this, but seeing as no one else seamed to pick it up, from what I have seen, the water lack corner blocking. It looks like you get to that cave through swiming, and if so, you do have two corners that you can swim all over. Now, I don't really think it's a big deal myself, but others may disagree. :p

@Ebola: I know you kinda put it in the guide lines, but I feel a certain point need to be fleshed out a bit.

Specificly, the point about dragging on with your opinion. I do feel that in the past people went on and on about nagging about the same thing even if the maker said they don't care / they would fix it later. So I think it would help if this point was also added with a bit more in-depth in the guide lines, you're of course free to do as you wish. :P

#30 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE(Midnight_King @ Apr 17 2011, 01:35 AM) View Post
IPB Image
Yeah you also don't get red do you icon_razz.gif ? Better?

That looks perfect to me. I wouldn't change a thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users