Mike's Fun House

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:29 PM

If anybody is wondering about this newest update: I just fixed a bug that Stray Sheep found, fixed a spelling error, and reworded one part of the bonus level to make it have more logical since. Hopefully, this should be the final update.

#62 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:56 AM

It's newly added content. Good luck, you'll need it.

Cool i didnt know that :D

#63 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Polm The Fathomless (Slime)

• Members

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:24 AM

I think second phase of the super boss is unfair sometimes, but never overpush, it's defeatable enough, good luck. 

#64 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:42 AM

I think I might have gotten myself into an interesting situation. So I'm in the garden area, I got 2 keys from the maze after Flowey and from the flower girl fight. I notice there's a path to the teleporting maze so I go there instead. Get myself a key from Robotnik, use it on the lock block to find myself at zone 4. I go back since I figured I don't want to do that yet, use one lock block and suddenly the other just went missing and I can't progress. I just wanted to check if I accidentally broke something or if I missed something entirely since I'd prefer to do zone 3 first.

#65 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:29 AM

Are you saying you are stuck at the beginning of the nice part of the garden? Because your key just disappeared. Hmmm, that may be a bug.

Spoiler

If you are in front of the world 3 portal without a key, then you just need to find the last key in the nice part of the garden.  

• Eddy likes this

#66 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:32 PM

Yeah I'm stuck at the lock tree where you can't slash the flowers after using the first one to get in there in the first place despite getting both keys in that area.

#67 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:42 AM

I think I've came across another case of the key problem. I'm in Zone 6 and I killed the Patra in the second opposite world portion that gave me a key, but didn't seem to add to any counters so I can't use it. Not sure if that was a troll or if that was actually needed to progress.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot I was in opposite world, that was the Boss Key :P

Also another thing, I remember coming across a scroll shop somewhere but I have completely forgotten where that is now. I'd like to go back to buy the scrolls since I have a lot of money but I don't really wanna check through the entire place again. Any ideas where it was?

#68 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:07 PM

The scroll shop is located in Magic School. Magic School is located one screen to the left of World 1 in the Main Lobby. 

#69 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 09 February 2020 - 11:13 PM

Hello everybody!

First of all, thank you to everybody who has played my quest from start to finish. It brings me great joy seeing people enjoy my quest. Seeing all of the positive responses does encourage me to make a sequel, however, that is something that I don't wish to do anymore. Not saying I won't ever make another quest, but just not another Mike's Fun House.

With that said, there were a lot of criticisms about game that I'm going to address. There are also some ideas I had for a sequel that I'm going to go ahead and add in. Finally, there are some parts of the quest that I honestly did half-hearted.

I want Mike's Fun House to be the best that I can make it be, so there will be one last major update. Think of it as a Mike's Fun House: Directors Cut. These are going to be some of the things that will be in the update.

World 1 will be more interesting. (This will be done by adding in some new traps with fully cinematic cutscenes). These are currently done and they are fun to watch. Speaking of new traps, there will be some new traps spread out through out the game with fully cinematic cutscenes.

Ice Cave will be more interesting.

Some areas will have some graphical updates to make it look a little more interesting. Nothing major like Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2, but something that is my style.

The Lava Maze will have a major nerf. It should much easier to do as the number of mines has been decreased and moved around.

Level 4 is a major roadblock for many players, but other players absolutely loved it. There will be an option to do the old dungeon or a new version.

World 5 will have shortcuts.

Level 5 will have some minor changes to help players navigate it better.

Level 6 never truly lived up to its puzzle potential, so that dungeon is going to be reworked from the inside out.

World 7 will have a graphical makeover.

After World 3, there was less exploring for secret heart container pieces. There will be more heart container pieces in the later worlds.

Level 9 will have some minor changes. There are a lot of hallways without much else going on in that level. There will be more going on in those hallways.

There will be a real title screen.

The ending left room for a sequel. There will be a definitive ending that I originally wanted to put in the game.

Simon Says LV3 bonus level will have some minor changes. There will be an actual bonus dungeon and Simon Says LV3 will just be a part of that dungeon.

At the beginning of the game, players will have an option to have an easy mode. You will start off with the gold ring 1/8 damage.

The Mega Man bosses will have full bodies instead of just being floating heads.

This update will take me some time to complete, but it shouldn't be before the end of the year.

Now that you have read this, please let me know what you felt like could be an improvement. If you were interested in my quest and there was something that made you quit, let me know your thoughts. I can't promise being able to address every complaint, however, I will do my best to make this my best work.

Edited by Yloh, 09 February 2020 - 11:20 PM.

• DarkFlameSheep, Eddy, Lüt and 1 other like this

#70 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 10 February 2020 - 01:04 AM

Last time I tried playing this was a while ago now because I got sidetracked with other games and stuff, but now since you are making a definitive version, I just might have to wait for this to come out before I get back into it.

#71 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:01 PM

I stopped playing with Level 7 maybe 3/4 completed?  I may go back and finish, but now I'll probably wait for the newer version.  I loved the game, nothing I can really put my finger on, the fun vs. frustration factor just finally tipped the wrong way for me at L7.  I've never been a huge fan of platforming challenges in Zelda and with the gravity and the situations where failure meant having to do the same things over and over, I guess I honestly got a little bored in L7 and moved on to other games.  I still have my save file and might go back.  Not sure.  

#72 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:18 PM

So contrary to my last post I made here, I actually went back to playing Mike's Funhouse despite there being a definitive edition to come. It's just THAT good of a quest.

But anyways, I recently passed the Prismatic Maze (which was an awesome dungeon, by the way) and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the wallet that lets you hold more than 500 rupees? Hope this isn't a dumb question and it turns out to be in plain sight this whole time. :augh:

EDIT: Nevermind. I found out that its in Arena 3.

Edited by Titanium Justice, 01 August 2020 - 12:38 PM.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#73 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 05 August 2020 - 05:21 PM

Been awhile since there was activity in this thread. I'm glad you are enjoying "Mike's Fun House" so far Titanium Justice. I was working on the definitive edition back in February for a few weeks, took a long break, and am now working on it again. It may be a while before it gets done, but it will eventually get finished.

Just to let you know on my progress, I am currently working on the new Level 4. Level map is laid out and has an original gimmick. If you look at my recent posts, you might get a clue of what I have in mind for it. Again, the old Level 4 will still be available for those who loved it, but is optional for those who get too lost in it. Players will be able to do both Level 4s and get an extra reward (Actually, I split the heart container in two). After World 1, players will be able to encounter a shop that sells an easy mode item. Once you get it, you can not go back. Players an option of choosing a 1/4 or 1/8 damage modifier. 

Worlds one and two have some new death traps with fully animated cut scenes. They are quite well done and really add flavor to the quest. World 3 introduces a new kind of death trap that can show up in other places in the game.

One more thing, for those of you who have beaten the quest, I would advise you to keep your file. 

Story spoiler for those who have finished the quest.

Spoiler

That is it for the update so far. When I get finished with the new Level 4, beta testers will be welcomed to test it out.

• Epsalon ZX and Lordkronos like this

#74 Lordkronos

Lordkronos

Hero of Dark World

• Members

Posted 13 August 2020 - 12:56 PM

Been awhile since there was activity in this thread. I'm glad you are enjoying "Mike's Fun House" so far Titanium Justice. I was working on the definitive edition back in February for a few weeks, took a long break, and am now working on it again. It may be a while before it gets done, but it will eventually get finished.

Just to let you know on my progress, I am currently working on the new Level 4. Level map is laid out and has an original gimmick. If you look at my recent posts, you might get a clue of what I have in mind for it. Again, the old Level 4 will still be available for those who loved it, but is optional for those who get too lost in it. Players will be able to do both Level 4s and get an extra reward (Actually, I split the heart container in two). After World 1, players will be able to encounter a shop that sells an easy mode item. Once you get it, you can not go back. Players an option of choosing a 1/4 or 1/8 damage modifier. 

Worlds one and two have some new death traps with fully animated cut scenes. They are quite well done and really add flavor to the quest. World 3 introduces a new kind of death trap that can show up in other places in the game.

One more thing, for those of you who have beaten the quest, I would advise you to keep your file. 

Story spoiler for those who have finished the quest.

Spoiler

That is it for the update so far. When I get finished with the new Level 4, beta testers will be welcomed to test it out.

Wow Thats sounds Realy Cool im Realy Courious about it but it Already Sounds Great :D

• Epsalon ZX likes this

#75 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:05 PM

I actually finished beating Mike's Funhouse just now. The save file has a little over 50 hours and the death counter was maxed out at 999 deaths by the time I had made it to Mask of Wonder. I don't know if that is the average playthrough or if I'm just the worst player ever. :dead:

I'm thinking this could very well be the best quest I've ever played. There was so much creativity with the dungeon and overworld themes, the music selections were spot on, the cameos and pop culture references were a nice touch, and difficulty wise it never felt impossible or completely unfair despite how extremely hard it was at times.

I will certainly be keeping my save file for when the inevitable DLC comes out.

• Epsalon ZX likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users