15 Years of Pure

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:06 AM

5 more years, and most of our newest members will be of a different generation from the original in 2002. It says a lot when a site can cross over into generations like that. Many come, many go, some stay, and a few have unfortunately passed away, but its primary purpose remains the same.

On that note, my dad introduced me to ZC in 1999/ 2000. He didn't post on forums though. He was like, "Hey, I got the first Zelda on my computer and there's a really cool level editor." I went to the official site on my own, and showed him newfirst and the BS quest. He would have been 33 and I was 9 or 10 at the time, and Majora's Mask was about to drop, which is crazy to think about now.
  • Neppy, strike and SkyLizardGirl like this

#17 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:05 AM

Happy birthday, PureZC.

You guys were an inspirational and inseparable part of my life and a defining element in my upbringing.

No exaggerations when I say I have nothing but the fondest and most positive things to tell my friends about this place as well as its members whenever I talk about my "earlier internet years".

I'm glad I popped in and saw this thread. Fifteen years, huh. It feels incredible to have witnessed getting here, in part.

• Neppy, Rambly, Russ and 4 others like this

#18 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:09 AM

Oh hi, Schwa! You were basically the first person to welcome me here by being the first one to comment on my first quest. And this "marlin" was definitely encouraged to join the community, in part because of that review. I'm glad you decided to pop in, even though we never talked much.

As for me ... I haven't been around as long as many people here, but this place has been an essential social avenue and creative outlet for me. It's built my confidence in a lot of ways, I've met a lot of friends, and even found a certain special someone here. It's hard to think what my life would be like today if I hadn't joined this community.

So, uh ... Happy birthday, PureZC. :)

• Neppy likes this

#19 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:27 AM

It's funny that some people here were just a squirt or not born yet when this started.

Zelda knows no bounds. Game on!

Edited by tim, 12 May 2017 - 11:27 AM.

• Neppy and Nathaniel like this

#20 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

I hope I don't destroy the mood with my gloomy words, but I also wanna say that pureZC is just a great and awesome site. It helps me a lot to improve and there might be some other people here that would be in the same shoes like me now if they hadn't found this site and the great community so much earlier than I did.

PS.: It also has some great quests :awesome:

PPS.: No, seriously, the community and the quests are both so awesome that it is difficult at times to remember that it is only one site. I actually have plans (mostly the rough story) for one big zelda-quest, another small one and two non-zelda-quests. Who knows, in another 15 years I might be able to finish making a quest :D

Edited by Naru, 12 May 2017 - 05:18 PM.

• Neppy, Eddy, Aevin and 1 other like this

#21 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:42 PM

Hang on a minute... PureZC is 15 years of age? That's the same as me!

..We should then... be in the same classes... weird.  :confused:

• Neppy likes this

#22 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:11 AM

Using this website for 10 years has been the best years of my life. The quests that you guys made have brought me so much joy, love, and happiness. I love PureZC with all of my heart. Happy Birthday PureZC! 

#23 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:59 AM

ffs this place is resilient, let's see if we can make it another 15 years just out of spite

• Rambly, thepsynergist, Adem and 3 others like this

#24 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:24 PM

This keeps making me think

as timeless as the Zelda classic maker is, it will keep getting updated right?..

Just to keep up with all the anniversaries and things? And windows 10 and beyond running it even?

Zelda classic on the iphone would be awesome.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 16 May 2017 - 06:24 PM.

• Matthew likes this

#25 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:36 PM

This keeps making me think

as timeless as the Zelda classic maker is, it will keep getting updated right?..

Just to keep up with all the anniversaries and things? And windows 10 and beyond running it even?

Zelda classic on the iphone would be awesome.

Yes, ZC is still being worked on.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#26 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:06 PM

I'm surprised that, since the source code is now available, that a 3DS homebrew port isn't being worked on.

• SkyLizardGirl likes this

#27 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

I'm surprised that, since the source code is now available, that a 3DS homebrew port isn't being worked on.

Touchscreen for the iphone may be the safest option, however, .. how do you make apps for iphones?

I mean the music files could be stored in the cloud Pure Zelda-classics quest's files right?

Spoiler

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 17 May 2017 - 03:12 PM.

• Matthew likes this

#28 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:23 AM

I wish to take this moment, to express my heartfelt appreciation, and thanks, to all the site staff, creators, SysOps, moderators, and to the userbase as a whole, for managing to keep this place alive for one and one-half decades. Well done mates, and here's to the next fifteen years.

Touchscreen for the iphone may be the safest option, however, .. how do you make apps for iphones?
I mean the music files could be stored in the cloud Pure Zelda-classics quest's files right?
Also Extend the screen of Zelda classic player for full stretch to fill screen mode

Also i hope you extend the maps to 355 or even 500 - i need more map space.*
12 overlayers instead of just 6. Overlayer switching so a map can switch moving overlayers automatically.

Zelda 2 leveling system implemented also.

This is quite off-topic. It should suffice that I say that there are very valid code-based reasons that ZC is not posted to any of these platforms. Perhaps one day, but it truly requires massive amounts of work.

Insofar as map count, layers, and other things, we have a board for this type of discussion on AGN, under ZC Suggestions. Pure does not, and does not wish to introduce ZC Development boards, so if you want to suggest these things, you will need to head over there.

We do listen to all of the requests, and consider any of the reasonable ones. Map count may not be an issue, but layers are another matter. I would ultimately love to see layers -10 to +10, or some such system. That however, requires more massive refactoring than you can shake a deku stick at, and is not a very high priority.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 06 June 2017 - 09:52 PM.

• ShadowTiger and SkyLizardGirl like this

#29 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:02 PM

Wow, just crazy.  I remember coming to this site in 2003 (just a lurker), and just falling in love with the community.  Joining in 2004, being a little n00b lol.  So many great memories.  Thanks for everyone that has made PureZC what it was, what it is, and what it will be.  :)

• ShadowTiger, Neppy, Binx and 1 other like this

#30 Haylee

Haylee

~ The Ragin' Cajun ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:39 PM

On that note, my dad introduced me to ZC in 1999/ 2000. He didn't post on forums though. He was like, "Hey, I got the first Zelda on my computer and there's a really cool level editor." I went to the official site on my own, and showed him newfirst and the BS quest. He would have been 33 and I was 9 or 10 at the time, and Majora's Mask was about to drop, which is crazy to think about now.

Relatable, I must have been 4 when my mom first discovered zc? Time really does fly.
  • Anthus, Binx and Matthew like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users