ZC Bug Reports Audio MIDI

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

#31 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

Ohh, I didn't know about stairs working like that in the original. I don't like it though, I often prefer non-sensetive actions - if I enter a stair I want to visually enter it; and if I have to step on a switch it looks weird if it is pushed down while I visually rather stand still next to it. The opposite version of standing on a hole (upper part of the combo) with no reaction is as bad though.

#32 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:54 PM

A zscript bug. It seems ffc->Link is clamped to the range 1-32 when it should be 0-32, with 0 as the "none" value. I went into detail on my experience with this problem here.

#33 Memes

Memes

~Dank memer~

• Members

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

Please someone help me, every time I to set an item on the over world the game crashes. I've tried everything and the only thing I can do is Screen -> room type -> Special item that's the only way to get an item in the game. :( It's really frustrating...

#34 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:54 PM

Are you using Windows 8/10 with ZC 2.5.0? That's a known bug with the older versions. Downloading 2.5.2 should fix it.

#35 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

So here's a fun discovery. If you set screens on your map so layer 3 is negative but don't actually set a layer screen (for script draws to -3), map preview does funky things, drawing the screen 1 to the left of each screen underneath instead.

#36 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:14 PM

So here's a fun discovery. If you set screens on your map so layer 3 is negative but don't actually set a layer screen (for script draws to -3), map preview does funky things, drawing the screen 1 to the left of each screen underneath instead.

I see that you share my definition of the word, 'fun'.

#37 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:31 AM

So here's a strange ZC behavior I'm wondering if should be considered a bug. When in sideview gravity, Link's hitbox is one tile wide when moving up, but the usual half tile when moving left and right. A bit strange, but I guess it's to keep him from clipping his head into ceilings. But then if you check the Large Link Hitbox option, it still adds on the extra 8 pixels when moving up, regardless of whether or not you're using expanded Link tiles. So you get a hitbox that's 1 1/2 tiles high when moving up and Link hits his nothing on ceilings.

Quoted from Skype.

And then I found another weird bug with layer -3 drawing. When using DrawLayer() on layer -3 while the screen was scrolling to the left, the draws would appear on the screen I was scrolling into, but not the one I was coming from. DrawScreen() did not have the same issue.

#38 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:55 PM

Quoted from Skype.

And then I found another weird bug with layer -3 drawing. When using DrawLayer() on layer -3 while the screen was scrolling to the left, the draws would appear on the screen I was scrolling into, but not the one I was coming from. DrawScreen() did not have the same issue.

Do both screens have 'Use Layer 3 as background' set?

[...]

Saffith, did you address any of the following bugs? I need to know before I look into any of them.

Some random things that are mostly no bugs. Windows 7 64 bit. Version 2.50 Build 29
- pound combos ignore charged hammer attacks
- walking into a direct warp with the sword charged/hurricane spin results in the sword sprite being stuck in place

It has come to my attention that the Big Triforce item interacts with CSet 9 in a way that is not really well known and may cause a lot of issues for those who use it..

Collecting the Big Triforce item (or any Triforce Item with the cutscene type set to 0 in the item editor) causes the Ganon dying Sprite Palette to be loaded into CSet 9 on for the palette (not DMap or level, but the palette the DMap uses) for the rest of the quest until you die or use F6->Continue, which may produce unintended effects for those who use the Big Triforce in place of the small Triforce piece in their quests.

No idea if this was fixed or not, I'm using 2.50.2 still.

It's possible to use the hookshot through a 1 tile tall solid wall upwards if you stand exactly 4 pixels (i believe) away from the wall.

Don't even know if this has always been the case.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 11 July 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#39 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

2.50 Build 29

In Firebird the shadow-sprite is around a half tile below where Links stands on the ground so I moved it up. Now it looks odd with the enemies. I don't know if this is a bug, but I haven't this problem with other tilesets.

Also, the Boomerang-sparkles are not always in the middle of the boomerang-sprite. It is especially obvious with the boomerang going up, at first the sparkles are perfectly in the middle, but if it comes back the sparkles are clearly to the right of the boomerang.

#40 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

Do both screens have 'Use Layer 3 as background' set?

Yes they did. The global script drawing to the negative layer worked at all other times, just not when the screen was scrolling between the two. Changing from DrawLayer() to DrawScreen() fixed it.

#41 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:32 AM

Still the same version. I can't grab colors corretly. The colors grabbed differ slightly from the ones in the picture. First I thought it was some ZC-color-limitation, but even if I export tiles, reduce the colors to below 16 and grab them then with ZC the colors aren't the same.

#42 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

They're bound to be slightly different, since colors are represented by RGB values of 0-63 instead of 0-255. The last couple of bits are simply lost. That's one of those things that won't be fixed until ZC switches to something other than Allegro.

#43 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:41 AM

Is there a program to tell me the 0-63 values? I am bad with colors and adding them manually through the values will be a lot easier for me than grabbing close colors that I have to change to look like they originally did.

#44 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:12 PM

Is there a program to tell me the 0-63 values? I am bad with colors and adding them manually through the values will be a lot easier for me than grabbing close colors that I have to change to look like they originally did.

IIRC, If whatever program you're using scales RGB up to 256 you can just divide each color component (R, G, B) by 4 and then subtracting 1 before ripping it into ZQ.

• Naru likes this

#45 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

Still the same version. Playing promised lands. If I am close to the bottom of the screen and swim to the right or left Link keeps swimming even on land. This will stop if I move up or down or if I touch a solid land combo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC, Bug, Reports, Audio, MIDI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users