Photo

What would the World be without YouTube?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:21 PM

YouTube is one of the World's most popular Websites. You gotta wonder, what would the World be without YouTube?

#2 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:48 PM

It would get sucked in the Sun's orbit and burn for all eternity...

But seriously, the world would do fine. It managed before youtube existed, just like people managed fine before cellular phones. It might be an inconvenience to some, but life would go on. Question answered. Topic closed. icon_razz.gif

#3 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:50 PM

I remember when there was no YouTube. I love the fact that if I want to see a music video or something I heard was funny that I can do that now just because of YouTube. Nothing would have really happened if YouTube was never there, but living without it now that I've seen its beauties would be terrible. icon_wink.gif

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:53 PM

Well, to be honest, I hate YouTube, so my life would go one much the same as it has been.

#5 Rambly

Rambly

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:51 PM

Judging from the quality of the videos and comments on the website and the fact that it, along with websites like MySpace, helped make the Internet mainstream, the world would probably a lot better off without YouTube.

#6 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:06 AM

I agree with Mr. Mushroom. icon_thumbsup.gif The general IQ of most YouTube users is around 3, and stupid people make me quiver with sheer rage. icon_aggravated.gif If I want to host a video, Photobucket does that just fine. The only reason I still use YouTube is because I already have a lot of videos up there.

Which brings me to my second point. YouTube may be evil, but life couldn't go on for me without Photobucket. Nothing evil about THAT.

Though this really got me to think. I have a YouTube account, and I hate and regret it. Maybe I SHOULD delete all the videos off there and ship them to Photobucket...?

#7 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:19 AM

If YouTube didn't exist, someone would make a website that would be the exact same...

#8 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE(Ramblin' Evil Mushroom @ May 11 2008, 09:51 PM)  

Judging from the quality of the videos and comments on the website and the fact that it, along with websites like MySpace, helped make the Internet mainstream, the world would probably a lot better off without YouTube.

qft

I'd miss the laughs I get out of comments, though. That's about it.

#9 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:32 AM

Well, I wouldn't have got to listen to Brawl's soundtrack before I got the game...even if the site isn't the best. Although I gotta agree with Exate, people put some of the funniest crap in their comments.

Edited by zmaster, 12 May 2008 - 12:32 AM.

#10 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE(zmaster @ May 11 2008, 10:32 PM)  

Well, I wouldn't have got to listen to Brawl's soundtrack before I got the game...even if the site isn't the best. Although I gotta agree with Exate, people put some of the funniest crap in their comments.

And by funny, I assume you mean boldly retarded, downright half-brained and inconceivably vulgar, correct?

Respect -50, zmaster. icon_thumbsdown.gif Though I guess you *are* entitled to your opinions as much as I am...

#11 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:47 AM

YouTube is evil icon_evil.gif , as it is owned by google. So evil infact that here in Australia the Government banned YouTube from all schools, something about too many vids of kids from school getting bashed up. Once again, Evil icon_evil.gif .

#12 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:33 AM

YouTube itself isn't evil, it's a matter of the stupid people using it. The stupid people make stupid videos of stupid things such as bashing each other up and then the staff at YouTube suddenly wakes up to it after about a week of its presence.

See, people are dumb on YouTube and people think that they "have" to be stupid and "**** you" left and right (sorry for the profanity)... but they think they have to "just because it's the internet and no one cares."

#13 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE(Schwa @ May 11 2008, 10:52 PM)  

And by funny, I assume you mean boldly retarded, downright half-brained and inconceivably vulgar, correct?

Respect -50, zmaster. icon_thumbsdown.gif Though I guess you *are* entitled to your opinions as much as I am...
icon_aggravated.gif

No, by funny he means "humorous, makes me laugh, worth a chuckle, lol worthy" etc.
Seriously, wtf is your problem? You've already posted that you dislike YouTube, why post it again? Either post some criticism on the site itself and how the world/internet would be without it, or gtfo.

Now, as for the site itself:

As TMS said, it's retarded people who post retarded things that make the site seem bad, but, think about this: Just because a school is full of retards (i.e. rule breakers, 'rebels', people in gangs, etc.) does that mean the school itself is bad? No. It's just the retards us smart people derive our entertainment from. YouTube is handy for vids (lol CAPTAIN O), and it's not that hard to get most within the size and time limit. The internet wouldn't be any different without it, as people would just upload their crap to other sites. The only thing I don't like about it is the compression, it's murder on ZC videos (and videos in general). If they brought back Director accounts, it would be better.

#14 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 07:48 AM

I'm with TMS on this one. YouTube could be one of the best places on the internet if people chose to put intelligent content on it. You know, stuff like the "Is it Safe to Microwave this?" series.

For the actual question, though, I don't see much difference, really.

#15 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:28 AM

Without youtube, I'd use google video. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users