Item warp

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:03 PM

hello i had a question: When Link takes an item it's possible to making a warp exactly when Link takes a item (after the strings) using the 'Side Warp A' or something like that ? Why i ask ?
Well because i working on 2 items for a trade sequances and i have some troubles to making the items works correctly because there's secret flags in the same room where the items in question is and that's annoyed me so yeah... i need some help...

#2 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:21 PM

Yep! Here's how: You make a chest that it's opened combo is a sensitive warp. Note: The chest must have a solid combo on the left and right side of it. Otherwise the player might not get the item. This warp takes you to another screen that looks the same but with these things: Put the item you want to to get on top of the chest so link will pick it up. On the same screen make a timed Side Warp that will activate only go after you got the item. 

Herald of Heroes did this with Map 115 Screen 04, Map 118 Screen 04, and then Map 118 Screen 05.

#3 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:26 PM

i already know that but i did mean without the chest you know ^^'

#4 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:30 PM

Make where the item is a Direct Warp. And the item on the screen isn't a real item, it's just a tile. It then takes you to a screen that looks the same and gives you the item.

#5 Sans

Sans

• Members

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:40 PM

i was thinking the same thing but the problem is that i uses the secret flags for that and when the flag #16 and #17 is trigged it working but when i try to trigger the #18 (when the #17 is trigged) it doesn't removes the fake item that serves the warp tiles for the 'fake rooms' where Link got the 'real' items :/ that's why i asking a warp item so the item would be removing when Link goes in the 'fakes room' to got the real item. That would avoid me to have uses the combos cycles and that would be extremely difficult or making some complicate stuffs... 

Not only that but the 'Text warps around bounding box' doesn't work an all so i cannot warp with the string... at least not without a script i think.

Edited by Sans, 10 May 2019 - 05:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users