Metroid

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31 Logos

Logos

Gnome Child

• Members

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:43 PM

I don't hate Other M. I'm just kind of lukewarm about it. I'd only consider playing it through again if I was VERY bored.

#32 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

Metroid 2 wasn't really linear, though moreso than Metroid 1 or Super Metroid.  It was at least less linear than Prime 3.  Dunno about Other M since I never touched that one.

#33 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:01 PM

Metroid 2 wasn't really linear, though moreso than Metroid 1 or Super Metroid.  It was at least less linear than Prime 3.  Dunno about Other M since I never touched that one.

The main path is linear with some branching paths. Then, there are big sectors of ruins, these parts are really explorable and open, and you can miss important powerups and still can finish the game.

It's structured in a way that you can see that your clear objetive is to go to the depths. You never have to backtrack. It's amazing, because all the world is designed in a realistic way, and it's not your typical video game space. It doesn't feel designed! All the Chozo Ruins are structured in logical ways and there are tons of details for people that have a eye!

Then, if you add map, speed booster blocks, power bombs blocks, bomb blocks... into Metroid 2... bye >.>

#34 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:33 PM

I agree, but the point is that it isn't THAT linear.  It is somewhat, but not too much.  That and I prefer THIS theme:

Edited by Anarchy_Balsac, 03 November 2015 - 10:33 PM.

• Air Luigi likes this

#35 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:44 PM

Perhaps, the more impressive thing is that you can study the chozo architecture of the ruins, and you can apply those knowledge later in the game. You find rooms that are the same that before, but there is something "off". With these comparisons, you can find secrets. I consider that the main inspiration for the Prime series is Metroid 2, the scanning is the evolution of that concept of researching.

And the atmosphere, man... Metroid 2 has to be played always with headphones!

Edited by Air Luigi, 03 November 2015 - 10:48 PM.

• Astromeow likes this

#36 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:22 AM

LPNPxNl.png

Dammit Mst.

• Air Luigi, Russ, Evan20000 and 1 other like this

#37 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:50 AM

found this searching randomly. Gave me quite a chuckle.

Spoiler

#38 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:41 AM

Are you doing a hack, Eppy?

#39 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:17 PM

I finished Eris again, Second run: 4:12 94% What a masterpiece, what a effort ;_; It's like playing Metroid Prime in 2D for hardcore gamers. Eris, great planet, I will never forget it. I will come back in the future.

15x93t1.jpg 2cda2it.jpg

See you next mission

Edited by Air Luigi, 04 November 2015 - 11:18 PM.

#40 MaeioParty

MaeioParty

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:05 AM

Nintendo will not make a sequel to Metroid without changing key aspects of the game, character and marketing. Metroid has never sold well in comparison to nintendos other mascots. Other M barely broke even,

#41 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:11 AM

Nintendo will not make a sequel to Metroid without changing key aspects of the game, character and marketing. Metroid has never sold well in comparison to nintendos other mascots. Other M barely broke even,

While that's true, Other M did poorly for legit reasons like the god awful control scheme and switching between view modes etc. as well as Samus being a cry baby weirdo. I own the game but still haven't played it lol.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 12 November 2015 - 10:11 AM.

#42 MaeioParty

MaeioParty

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:22 PM

While that's true, Other M did poorly for legit reasons like the god awful control scheme and switching between view modes etc. as well as Samus being a cry baby weirdo. I own the game but still haven't played it lol.

Unfortunately for Nintendo, sales were declining since Metroid Prime. Other M, despite being quite terrible, didnt sell dramatically worse than the previous entries.

#43 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:30 PM

Compare 1.5 million in the first weeks vs 7 hundred-thousand in 6 months. Twice as much.

Also, Metroid is still one of the best selling series of all time, and they pretty much need it in order to keep up in the Metroidvania genre and to kinda compete with Halo. Without it, Castlevania, Halo, and most indie game out there would have an advantage. We just need a good game. A sequel to Metroid fusion could do it.

Anyways, turns out Prime Federaton force has a single player mode starring Samus, from what I've heard. Will it take place around the time of Prime, or could this be a sequel to fusion? :O

#44 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

Compare 1.5 million in the first weeks vs 7 hundred-thousand in 6 months. Twice as much.

Also, Metroid is still one of the best selling series of all time, and they pretty much need it in order to keep up in the Metroidvania genre and to kinda compete with Halo. Without it, Castlevania, Halo, and most indie game out there would have an advantage. We just need a good game. A sequel to Metroid fusion could do it.

Anyways, turns out Prime Federaton force has a single player mode starring Samus, from what I've heard. Will it take place around the time of Prime, or could this be a sequel to fusion? :O

It should be noted that making 2/3 of your sales in the first week is not uncommon.  Game sales are VERY front loaded, although if a game has a good reputation, it can continue selling well, but it's far less common.

#45 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:47 PM

Gamers shouldn't care about business, there are great games that sold poorly and bad games that sold great.

• Deedee and Logos like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users