I need me a tileset.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:50 PM

Ok, I am trying to get back into ZC again, but I'm probably not going to continue one of my prior quests. I want to know if anyone has a Final Fantasy Tileset, or a organized Gameboy Zelda tileset. If so, please let me know.

#2 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:57 PM

I think there is a gameboy tileset here at PZC if I recall..by Glenn..

What do you know. http://www.purezc.co...e=tilesets&id=4

How's that?

#3 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 06:26 PM

Taku, Hero Link said "organized". Glenn's tileset is far from organized...

I'm trying to finish my tileset, HL, so just be patient. I could send you what I have now, but most of the overworld palettes are not in, and just a couple of the dungeon palettes are there

Edited by Gashin, 03 January 2005 - 06:27 PM.

#4 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, Takuya, I've been trying to use that set, but it is too unorganized for me. Mainly giving me a total headache trying to find tiles, and there are many many tiles that it is missing. I'll try to be patient for your set Gashin.

#5 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 06:36 PM

Well, I'm hoping to have mine out in the near future, though whether it's suitable for what you want or whether you think it's good enough (I suck at making tiles, especially sprites) is up to you.

See sig for a preview.

#6 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 08:15 PM

I was actually considering going through and revamping/reorganizing the Gameboy set, just because it needs to be more usable, but when I looked at it I decided it was too much of a mess and I don't like Gameboy graphics nearly enough to bother with it.

I hope someone else will. It's a small set, so if you like playing GBC Zelda, it won't be too painful. icon_razz.gif

#7 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jan 3 2005, 08:15 PM)
I was actually considering going through and revamping/reorganizing the Gameboy set, just because it needs to be more usable, but when I looked at it I decided it was too much of a mess and I don't like Gameboy graphics nearly enough to bother with it.

I hope someone else will. It's a small set, so if you like playing GBC Zelda, it won't be too painful. icon_razz.gif

Really? I'm attempting to do that. I don't know what the best way to organize it would be, but I'm trying.

Sorry HL, I'll I've got to offer is that incomplete black & white tileset. icon_confused.gif

#8 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE(Hergiswi @ Jan 3 2005, 07:28 PM)
Really? I'm attempting to do that. I don't know what the best way to organize it would be, but I'm trying.

Sorry HL, I'll I've got to offer is that incomplete black & white tileset. icon_confused.gif

Cool. icon_smile.gif Want a suggestion?

Try grouping the tiles into major categories. Don't mix different groups together if you can help it, and leave spaces in the combo list without trying to cram everything together. Here are some of the most used categories in a combo list:

Overworld:
- empty terrain
- ground objects (including bushes)
- trees and foliage
- mountains
- water
- buildings

Dungeon:
- walls (grouped into matching sets)
- doors (ditto)
- dungeon objects
- empty floor tiles

Other:
- NPCs
- Window borders and text boxes
- etc.

I highly recommend you use most of the above, possibly even in that exact order. The order above worked very well in Pure. Be sure to leave empty spaces between sections.

Edited by Radien, 04 January 2005 - 10:05 AM.

#9 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 07 January 2005 - 07:16 AM

I think you should all wait a bit to organize the GB Tileset. Remember, Gashin is making an updated GB Tileset, so it will be lacking in tiles anyway. icon_razz.gif

#10 jacksanto

jacksanto

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:27 PM

cool i need the
tiles for my quest

#11 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:38 PM

jacksanto, please try to remember not to gravedig. It's also against the rules. I would like to ask that you read the rules, before posting any more. The Rules

*topic locked*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users