• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MischeviousMalfais

MischeviousMalfais

Asparagus is awesome.

• Members

Posted 05 August 2021 - 10:09 AM

Hiya hiya~!

I'm thinking of starting work on a new project, but I need a little help to make it cool.

Firstly, I'd like to make it so that flying enemies (such as Peahats, Keese, etc.) when they're flying, can only be hit while you're jumping with the roc's feather. This way, I can include lots of aerial combat in my quest.

Secondly, I'd like to make it so that when you jump, you continue flying (similar to the hover boots effect) but fall again when you release the jump button.

If this could continue to be animated with the first two frames of the jumping sprites, that would also be great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if not then I'll just do the best with what I've got. 

See ya~!

#2 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 August 2021 - 03:11 PM

That means you'd be holding the jump button while moving around and attacking, right? That may not be a good idea. Most keyboards can't handle certain combinations of keys (many players can't throw the boomerang in some directions, for instance), and adding another key would exacerbate the problem.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#3 MischeviousMalfais

MischeviousMalfais

Asparagus is awesome.

• Members

Posted 06 August 2021 - 09:00 AM

That means you'd be holding the jump button while moving around and attacking, right? That may not be a good idea. Most keyboards can't handle certain combinations of keys (many players can't throw the boomerang in some directions, for instance), and adding another key would exacerbate the problem.

Well, I'd at least like to make it so that it's possible to cancel the hover boots without having to wait for it to run out of juice. Maybe by pushing the jump button again in midair? 

Yeah, that would make it less awkward to control, anyhow! good idea!

I think it's currently already possible to cancel the hover boots in side-scrolling screens, so I just need to make it so I can do that on normal screens, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users