Photo

Screenshot of the Week 626

David Eggman666 eddy Jared

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 626 (54 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

Eggman666
Eggman666.gif
Somewhere aesthetic?

Eddy
Eddy.png
Amy Rose prepares to enter the Explorer's Crypt... what horrors could be in here?

David
David.png
An attempt at a subscreen for my quest. Any thoughts on the subscreen and the screen itself are appreciated. :)

Jared
Jared.png
Forming a plan....look out!

• Joelmacool likes this

#2 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:11 AM

All the shots are really good this week!
But I must say that David's classic screen really does show to us that classic can be beautiful when done properly! Thus, I voted for David.

• Jared and David like this

#3 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:05 AM

Nulled since I'm in the contest, but pretty good turnout this time.

Eggman666 - Haven't seen much from you in quite some time, but hey this is looking quite neat. I noticed an error on the far right side though, if you slash that bush and then come back in, you'll get stuck. I'd move that somewhere else to prevent that from happening. Good effort though.

Eddy - Tbh I didn't put much effort into choosing a nice screen for this contest, I just wanted to show off something since it's been forever since anyone has seen AR3 lol.

David - This is looking really nice. Definitely like the attention to detail and the overall structure. The subscreen is also looking quite good. Got no complaints or suggestions with this one.

Jared - Spoopy cave, and a spoopy block puzzle (at least it's not an ice one :P). The shot looks quite nice and clean, and I really like how the water going against the top wall there at the bottom of the screen, really nice touch. As a small suggestion, maybe you could add a bit more ground detail in some places, like some cracks or little pebbles on the blank areas to the left and the right. Just a small suggestion though, screen looks nice anyway.

If I hadn't entered, it'd probably be close between David, Eggman and Jared... so that would've been a very tough choice lol. I probably would've gone for David.

• nicklegends, Shane, Jared and 1 other like this

#4 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

The worst thing about this particular SotW is having to vote.  These are all very good, as they show great skill in screen design.  I ended up choosing Eggman666's screen, because I am Walrus666 in another community.  No, not really, but I really like the overall attention to detail, especially on the ground.  The lighting effect is amazing too.

• David likes this

#5 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

Great shots all around. I ended up voting for David and his bright, detailed, but not overly busy screen. Honorable mention goes to Eggman. I love the mood of your shots, but I find them too similar to one another. I'd love to see you place your special touch on other environments.
  • David likes this

#6 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

Voted Eddy for mood, though the number of trees is perhaps a bit much. Jared's is also excellent.

• Eddy and David like this

#7 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:08 AM

Voted Eddy for mood, though the number of trees is perhaps a bit much.

Could you explain a bit there? I thought it was good enough since you got quite a lot of space to move around so I never thought too many trees was an issue lol.

#8 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:06 AM

Could you explain a bit there? I thought it was good enough since you got quite a lot of space to move around so I never thought too many trees was an issue lol.

What I would suggest, is finishing a tree here and there, so that it doesn't look too crowded with trees. Maybe place a rock, bush or some other object in place Could even have a grave stone the is long forgotten because of the tree overgrowth on the ledge.

• Eddy likes this

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

What I would suggest, is finishing a tree here and there, so that it doesn't look too crowded with trees. Maybe place a rock, bush or some other object in place Could even have a grave stone the is long forgotten because of the tree overgrowth on the ledge.

That could be a neat idea, maybe I could add more stuff on the upper area with those kind of things in mind. Thanks for the suggestion :D

• Neppy and Shane like this

#10 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

No problem, Eddy! That's the stuff I usually would do in my quests to make it seem more lively, or in your case, more gravely.

(Guessing you figured out that I meant deleting... my phone likes to make me sound stupid sometimes. :lol: )

• Eddy likes this

#11 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

Basically what Neptune said, seems a little too tightly packed with trees.

• Eddy likes this

#12 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:08 AM

Voted for David. Real nice use of classic tiles. Can't really go wrong with any of these screenshots this week.
  • David likes this

#13 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:57 PM

With 41.67% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 626 is David!

David.png
An attempt at a subscreen for my quest. Any thoughts on the subscreen and the screen itself are appreciated. :)

Congrats!!

Voting totals:
- Eggman666 - 15 votes [31.25%]
- Eddy - 5 votes [10.42%]
- David - 20 votes [41.67%]
- Jared - 8 votes [16.67%]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: David, Eggman666, eddy, Jared

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users