New Cambria Project

Photo

Dawn of Sorrow Party Mechanics Discussion (Prototype 7 and up)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 28 March 2022 - 04:38 PM

Changes for the New Quest Prototype so far (Prototype 7)

1. The actual items for James and Zelda are being implemented and starting to be worked on (or changed if needed)
2. Now there is only one changer to prevent confusion.

There are several bugs: These will have to be worked out.

-James

#2 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 05 April 2022 - 04:51 AM

Since Prototype 7 is still on hold because Cambria is still being assembled and New Quest being somewhat of a shaky placeholder to test apparently, I've decided to do this:

I am going to start recording a new prototype (6N) of the Dawn of Sorrow party system coming up. This features Link, James, and Zelda in New Quest 2022, a private variant of New Quest 2013.

This one is a little different as James and Zelda will not be obtainable offhand. Can Nightmare navigate through, see Lv. 11 and defeat it?

Features of 6N:

1. The number of character changers has been reduced from 2 to 1.
2. Subscreen code has been fixed somewhat
3. Spin Slash code has been fixed somewhat
4. The character changer isn't available until Ganon goes down; however, Link's buffs are available.throughout.

I am unsure if I am going to publicly release this one (leaning towards a stream only show), but factors that could make me do it and clean up New Quest a bit

1. Good attendance to the streams (probably talking 75+)
2. Good number of hits on YouTube (probably talking 200+ very soon from release)
3. Someone wants to volunteer to make this better (think what I did for PM with Demo Quest. I really want to move onto something new)

A very, very big thank you to Russ for the bug testing and P-Tux7 for the balance testing on this and hopefully I can find a reasonably balanced quest to start building Prototype 7 on and putting in the new items and get a better structure.

I appreciate the interest in the Dawn of Sorrow party system from people. Hopefully this test goes well. Getting the balancing right has been a daunting challenge, and it will get worse when the Bomber Twins are eventually added.

STREAM ALERT: 7/8 PM EDT, after Spotlight Hour here, we will attempt the normal part of New Quest. Lv. 11 probably in the upcoming days.

STREAM ALERT 2: 3/4 PM EDT, we will attempt 9, 10, and hopefully start 11. No more bugs this time hopefully!

DOWNLOAD UPDATE: Prototype 6F Has been upgraded for stability and had a spin slash bugfix.

-James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users