Photo

Screenshot of the Week 229

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 229 (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

Well Linkus agreed that he can edit the PTUX Mountains to fix the perspective. So that shouldn't be a problem.

#17 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:24 PM

LinkMystro, mainly because he has a kickass shot, and I'm sick of the "overlook shots".

#18 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Sep 22 2008, 05:24 PM) View Post

LinkMystro, mainly because he has a kickass shot, and I'm sick of the "overlook shots".

Yeah it does get pretty repetitive. At least I know what needs to be done to correct the current problems with my shot.

#19 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:07 PM

LostInHyru1e
The design of this shot is great! It makes good use of the classic set. The colours make the shot more unique, but the sprites don't match the palette.

Dawnlight
This is a great shot that utilizes pure in a really great way. Though, my major complaint is it that it feels empty to me. There's really no movement in the shot, which hurts it a bit. Still, a really great shot. *Vote*

LinkMystro
Awsome-looking shot that is designed really well. My only major problem, and the only reason it didn't get my vote was that there's just about nothing going on. I would have like to have seen Duck Dude, some enemies and so forth. It felt too 'still and quiet'. Still, the graphical style is reall REALLY well done.

This week was realy good. Keep up the great work doods! icon_biggrin.gif

#20 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 09:08 PM

Lost: Nice shot, looks just like an inverted picture of the original tileset. 6/10
Tri: This is definitely the best pure shot I've seen! Awesome, 8.5/10
Mystro: This shot is almost exactly like Yoshi's Island, GRREEEAAAATTTTTT!!!! 9/10 *votes*

#21 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

LostInHyru1e: I never like the Classic graphics that much, but the setup of the screen is nice.

Dawnlight: Sweet graphics and another great setup!

LinkMystro: Umm... That is made in ZC, right? It looks pretty impressive for a Zelda game.

Dawnlight gets my vote.

#22 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:02 PM

This is another great SotW where the person who's winning is not always unanimous. I always like the style where it's like a roller coaster. Not saying I want to win. LinkMystro really has it going with those sharp Yoshi's Island graphics (The sharpest graphics I've ever seen in ZC).

#23 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:39 PM

Oh wow, this is going to be so close. I love this although I'd rather be winning XD Anyway this is awesome icon_smile.gif

#24 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:02 PM

I voted for Dawnlight since it's simply the best, LinkMystro's shot is fancy too, but LiH's is somewhat akward.

#25 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:35 PM

Did I not post? huh.

Anyways I voted for Dawnlight, it just looks so weird that it won my vote.
LinkMystro's isn't bad at all. And LiH has a jpg shot with such horrible quality I can;t even begin to judge it.

#26 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:27 PM

Aww crap, this is gonna be close...
LIH - I never really liked the Classic Set that much, but you, sir, have brought new life into it! I love the psychadelic colors you're using. It's like a huge acid trip! I love it. icon_cool.gif 9/10
Tri - That. Is. F***ing. 3pic. I mean it too! Better than Minish Cap, IMO. The bridge looks kind of wierd though, like it's being suspended in mid-air. And the perspective on the mountains is kind of wierd. Still though, excellent screen design. icon_cool.gif 8.5/10
LM - I like this one alot too! It's not often you see people using sideview areas, which is kind of ironic cause it's one of those features we've wanted since forever. icon_rolleyes.gif I love the cartoony style too! What game are those graphics from anyway? One of the Yoshi games, I'm guessing? I just wish there was more going on in the screen though! No enemies, no NPCs, or anything. Don't get me wrong though, I love the shot! 8.5/10

LostInHyru1e gets my vote.

#27 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:40 PM

I don't rip :O I make all me own stuff icon_razz.gif Which is why I probably never get anything done icon_razz.gif So yeah they are ripped FROM MY MIND!

Edited by LinkMystro, 25 September 2008 - 09:40 PM.

#28 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:21 AM

I voted for Dawnlight. Too bad I can't multi-vote... I'd have also have voted for LinkMystro. Good shots this week guys. icon_biggrin.gif

#29 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 27 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

My vote went to dawnlight. Apollogies to LiH. But serious, that's one of the best screenshots I've ever seen.

#30 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:37 PM

LostInHyru1e [4] ** [7.41%]
Dawnlight [26] ** [48.15%]
LinkMystro [24] ** [44.44%]
Total Votes: 54

This week's winner is Dawnlight! It was a really close battle, but congrats on the victory! icon_razz.gif

I don't have enough shots for this week yet, so send them in so I can post SotW 230!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users