Photo

Screenshot of the Week 72

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 06 December 2004 - 03:06 AM

masterlink3000 would have gotten my vote... I accidentally null voted. icon_sweat.gif skate's and Link128's aren't particularly amazing, and IaN's has too much green. icon_sweat.gif

#17 Link128

Link128

Initiate

• Members

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:26 PM

I'm voting for Ian.....again screenshot of Zelda minish cap icon_sweat.gif The next week...another minish cap screenshot... icon_sweat.gif >_<
Ian Rule!!! icon_razz.gif

#18 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:40 PM

This was a tough one. I had to choose between IaN, and masterlinks. In the end, I voted for ml3000. It really did catch my eye, because it's layed out great, and wonderful tile usage.

#19 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:55 PM

At first I saw Ian's and thought "whoah, he did it right this time!" ...However, I did find some things that bugged me after awhile. But it's an improvement, overall. icon_smile.gif

After dealing heavily with those canopies, I would recommend that you not try to make them float at all. The canopy suggests that there is a dense clump of trees that is taller than the ones you already have. The problem there, is that the trunks of those trees are never visible; we have no tiles for them.

The other problem is that LttP canopies are quite flat. They need to be spread out, or else they look like they're using the wrong perspective. I'd abandon the attempt at putting any of them in the middle of the screen.

The layout of the screen is pretty darn good, but some of the tiles are still interacting badly with eachother.

MasterLink3K:

This is where I put my vote. icon_smile.gif I just can't find anything at all which I dislike about this shot; it's very nicely put together. Well, there is one thing... I really don't like your choice of color for the shallow water. It need not be the same as Pure, but royal blue just doesn't look right.

Is this a cutscene? How does Link exit the screen?

Other comments...

SB11:

Not bad. There's not much going on here, but it looks decent anyway. Nearly all of it is standard LTTP graphics. Oh, the 3rd combo over in row 3 of the room... that's the wrong corner tile.

Link128:

Your layout is okay, but that transparency doesn't seem to be working out very well. The bluish tinge doesn't look right. :\ Also, if you can, save in gif format next time. This one is so blurry I can't tell what type of sand tiles you're using.

I might actually have an entry ready next time. Maybe.

#20 Link128

Link128

Initiate

• Members

Posted 07 December 2004 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Dec 6 2004, 06:55 PM)

Link128:

Your layout is okay, but that transparency doesn't seem to be working out very well. The bluish tinge doesn't look right. :\ Also, if you can, save in gif format next time. This one is so blurry I can't tell what type of sand tiles you're using.

Hmmmm.....Link is Underwater!!In the sea!!!You cannot watch that? icon_freak.gif

#21 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 07 December 2004 - 04:03 PM

I've gotta vote for IaN on this one...

#22 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE(Link128 @ Dec 7 2004, 06:18 AM)
Hmmmm.....Link is Underwater!!In the sea!!!You cannot watch that?  icon_freak.gif

Ahh, I see. icon_smile.gif Underwater is hard to do...

I might recommend making a new palette for this. A few animated bubbles would also be very effective. icon_thumbsup.gif You can download bubble tiles from the database. Why not check it out?

#23 Link128

Link128

Initiate

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Dec 7 2004, 08:10 PM)
Ahh, I see. icon_smile.gif Underwater is hard to do...

I might recommend making a new palette for this.  A few animated bubbles would also be very effective. icon_thumbsup.gif You can download bubble tiles from the database. Why not check it out?

I will go do...but I don't know if the tile will go all in down to the big palette of tile...(Excuse my for the language ^^''')
I will try icon_biggrin.gif

#24 Guest_MasterLink101 (Guest)

Guest_MasterLink101 (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2004 - 03:57 PM

can u make it look bigger?
cant really tell what the pic is.
icon_freak.gif

#25 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Dec 6 2004, 09:55 PM)
SB11:

Not bad. There's not much going on here, but it looks decent anyway. Nearly all of it is standard LTTP graphics. Oh, the 3rd combo over in row 3 of the room... that's the wrong corner tile.

Which tile? o_O

skateboarder11: You need to be careful in this room, as the spikes do cycle. Just because they don't hurt you one time doesn't mean they won't EVERY time. icon_razz.gif

IaN: Ugh, more TMC tiles. >_< The sprites are quite nice, though.

Link128: A standard underwater shot. :\

masterlink3000: This is decent. The water is really discolored, though. :\

#26 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:58 PM

I voted for IaN's. It just stood out the most. ML3K's dirt looks great. I just didn't notice it before I voted icon_heh.gif . Still it's an awesome shot.

#27 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:55 PM

Here is my two cents

skateboarder11: Here is a picture from your demo. It still looks a little plain to me. icon_confused.gif

IaN: The master of the aLttP tiles has now been successfully been making the Minish Cap tiles to his screens. However, I just don't like the layout.

Link128: I can see that it is underwater, however, I don't really like the colors. Make fish, bubbles, seaweed if you can.

masterlink3000:
I like this one. Everything is great except I don't like the water. It doesn't look right to me. icon_confused.gif

I voted for masterlink3000, this week.

#28 Magi_Hero

Magi_Hero

gubgub

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 11:07 PM

I particularly like masterlink's work this time around. IaN's is also nice, but ML gets my vote.. It seems it's going to be close, as ML and IaN are tied right now. =P

Edited by Magi_Hero, 08 December 2004 - 11:08 PM.

#29 System Error

System Error

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:18 PM

skateboarder11: That green on the walls needs to be less solid. The water is great, though.

IaN: Nothing bad here, but you lose points for submitting another forest shot after that last one. Seriously.

Link128: What the hell? It looks like you're underwater in that shot, and it horribly rapes the colors.

masterlink3000: Great, except for the oddly-shaped tides. You get my vote.

#30 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 10 December 2004 - 06:21 AM

Whoah... Ian and ML3K are neck and neck, now. Will MasterLink hold his lead through the day? Only time will tell. icon_razz.gif

QUOTE(Link128 @ Dec 8 2004, 07:16 AM)
I will go do...but I don't know if the tile will go all in down to the big palette of tile...(Excuse my for the language ^^''')
I will try  icon_biggrin.gif

That's okay; we frequently see English-learners here. icon_smile.gif

I'm not sure I understand your problem, though. Do you know how to use the "big" palette? (in ZQuest, the overworld palette is called a "Level Palette")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users