Photo

Metroidvania Contest (Official Announcement)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:58 PM

Oh, it started in EST? Well I'm squandering my time then. Whoops! Guess I better get started.

(I was supposed to write all the dialogue in the planning phase and instead wrote none of it, yay!)

#17 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:18 AM

Haha. It's fine. The planning phase is all for convenience. I know it's much easier to organize your planning material if you aren't making screens.

When I'm just making quests everything gets all jumbled together.

#18 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

x24C72k.png

It begins

• Anthus, Eppy, Eddy and 1 other like this

#19 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:33 PM

My project isn't really picking up at the moment. I've been distracted by other things. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Edited by Avataro, 14 July 2017 - 02:33 PM.

#20 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:12 PM

I wish you the best. I love your quests!
  • Avaro likes this

#21 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:26 PM

Quick question before I continue in this current direction: Say I began making a character before the contest was announced. Say this character was made in paint, and not in ZC, but was imported into a ZC quest file and tested, and tweaked. Would I be able to use this character if it wasn't finished till today? If not, it's cool, I can just use Link, and since I haven't brought it in yet, it would actually be easier. Plus, there's always the DX version. But I just wanted to ask to make sure I could use this character.

#22 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

Quick question before I continue in this current direction: Say I began making a character before the contest was announced. Say this character was made in paint, and not in ZC, but was imported into a ZC quest file and tested, and tweaked. Would I be able to use this character if it wasn't finished till today? If not, it's cool, I can just use Link, and since I haven't brought it in yet, it would actually be easier. Plus, there's always the DX version. But I just wanted to ask to make sure I could use this character.

I imagine you would be able to seeing I had planned to use sprites prior to the contest's announcement and it seems others are using very old custom resources too.

As for me, I decided to drop out when the whole designing phase begun. Didn't get an idea that sparked my imagination a whole lot but I'm definitely looking forward to the results.
  • Anthus likes this

#23 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

Yeah, I've done less than I would have liked in this time. I got about two thirds of the game world mapped out, and a general idea for the rest with like items and whatnot. I'm also (besides the main character) not allowing myself to add ANY new graphics, with the exception of the subscreen. Still have about two and a half weeks though, so hopefully I can continue working for Konami cranking this thing out.

(EDIT: Gonna be flipping the left/ right sprites cause of budget concerns time reasons :P)

#24 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

Yeah. That is fine Anthus. I don't really mind what resources anyone uses.
  • Anthus likes this

#25 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:23 AM

Hey everyone. How's the quest making coming along?

We're down to almost the last ten days of designing, and I look forward to seeing what everyone can pull off.

Hope we've been able to accomplish our plans with minimal difficulty.

If you have a submission, I don't mind how it's submitted, as long as the site is reliable.

Dropbox, Mediafire or just submitting it to the database and messaging me the link would be for the best.

#26 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:07 AM

So we got ambitious.

Really ambitious.

We're maybe 1/4 of the way through the quest, if that. It's a bit hard to gauge progress exactly. Regardless, finishing by the deadline is gonna be all but impossible, so I'm gonna preemptively throw in the towel. I hate not finishing in time (and in fact, I've never missed the deadline in a contest before), but in the end, this quest could very well be my magnum opus, and I'd rather not rush it out in an incomplete state. The three of us are gonna keep working on this at hopefully the same pace we've been going and try to have it out ASAP though.
  • Anthus, Eppy, Jared and 1 other like this

#27 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:26 AM

I understand. A month is hard to work with when you're really ambitious about a project. Quite a few people have had the same experience. But I'm glad that I motivated anyone to work on something.

If you do get the quest to a degree you don't mind sharing, feel free to showcase it as a demo if you wish.

#28 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:25 PM

I am too going to miss the deadline. I got sidetracked by other things and wasted way too much time in the process. Now we are 3/4 the way through the contest and I have barely gotten 25% of the work done.

#29 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:37 PM

Slow. But, hopefully it will be done. If I'm being honest, I don't think I'll finish in time. I haven't had any motivation as of late, and my schedule is getting all messed up cause reasons. 

#30 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:45 PM

If only it wasn't summer. :(

(I'm on a Zquest break.)

• Naru likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users