Photo

Screenshot of the Week 99

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 99 (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 99

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:03 PM

DZ FTW. An excellent Lin ksprite, and the tiles look great.

I'd have gone with Tobias, but a new set preview that looks good is not something I pass up.

#17 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:19 PM

The eyballs are fantabulous.

#18 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 20 September 2005 - 08:26 PM

I knew I should of voted for myself! Anyways I'll have a good one next time! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

#19 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:26 PM

Definitely going with Dart Zaidyer's. icon_smile.gif I had the opportunity to see that shot before it was submitted, and I thought it was excellent then. Not because I helped make the treetops and the cliff faces... icon_razz.gif ...but because I love what he's done with the grass, and Dart's new hybrid Minish Cap Link looks like it will quite possibly become the best Link seen in ZC when it's finished and released.

I'm sorry to see that Dart's doesn't seem to be in the lead like I'd expected...

Jake:

Excellent Pure screen. icon_thumbsup.gif I know it's hard to compete with custom tiles. I would have considered this on design, but from my experience it isn't wise to have stuff too close to the edge of the screen that requires slashing, thanks to the "no man's zone" which appears in the outermost edges of any screen in ZC. Being unable to slash is annoying.

Tobias Daboi:

Nice screen all around. However, there are some issues... I'm not crazy about those Forest Temple dungeon tiles, but that's not a terribly big thing. The slime on the ground is well done, but that "gorilla face" thing on the wall doesn't seem to fit with the perspective.

The main thing, however, is that I highly doubt it's possible to make a boss like this function in ZC the way everybody wants to imagine it. This doesn't look like a functional screen; it appears to be an unmoving test screen. Additionally, those eyeballs are simply recolors of one of the unanimated Pure boss graphics, and it appears they are still stationary, so the boss itself didn't have any new drawing involved. icon_shrug.gif

I wish you the best of luck, but I will be quite surprised if you pull off something that lives up to people's already high expections here. icon_confused.gif

P.S. - Did you make that slime yourself? I don't remember having seen it before.

Hero Link:

Haha, Adventure of Link!! icon_biggrin.gif Quite old school, man.

I'm quite happy to see this, just for nostalgia value, but it's not just the graphics that would keep it from winning: Adventure of Link overworld tiles are all block-shaped, so it's difficult to count Z2 overworld shots as requiring actual "design." The original Z2 only had detail and design possibilities in the side-view scenes.

#20 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:48 PM

No. The Slime is from AlttP too.

I know it won't be exactly like the AlttP battle, becuase it is imposible to make the small eyes come out, and go back, then make the large eye zap Link. I have another way that will kind of make it seem familiar, but I don't want to post it (Its probably A LOT simpler than you think icon_wink.gif). Also, the forest temple tiles will change (To tiles from MC most likely) because they are kinda... Hmm... Maybe I was high when I decided to go with those walls icon_razz.gif

So technically, the only thing I drew here was Link's new tiles. Also, the boss is animated, but I can't animate .gifs. The name is part of the "boss intro" thingy (simalar to OoT) icon_wink.gif

#21 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:06 AM

Custom bosses always seem good for me.
Dart Zaidyer needed a little more detail.

#22 Moldorm

Moldorm

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE(Tobias Daboi @ Sep 21 2005, 08:48 PM)
The name  is part of the "boss intro" thingy (simalar to OoT) icon_wink.gif

Yeah,but to make it more OoTish,you could say:

Vitreous
Giant Eyeball Lord

Or something like that. icon_razz.gif

Voted for Tobias.

#23 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:31 PM

Dude. Something just died. I don't know why I never did this anymore. I may be a bit late, but I'm back.

Dart Zaidyer

I like the grass, but the trees especially. The rocks could use some work, maybe some more shading. Not bad. I'll give it a 4/5

Jake

Not bad, nice layout, although it's flat and well.. square.

3/5

Tobais Daboi

Tobias, I like it. It looks like a boss fight I'd like. I only dislike the pig statue things at the bottom. Nice shot.

I give it a 4/5, I voted it.

Hero Link

Last but not least. I like it, it looks like a nice different set. I'm only concerned with the side view stuff, and how the quest would be played. Nice tiles.

4/5

#24 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:22 PM

Dart Zaidyer got my vote. Great edits/rips.

TD, "Vitreous" doesn't have two I's. And the subtitle that Ray suggested should go before the actual name, like in Oot.

P.S. TD was my backup.

#25 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:11 PM

Voting for this week has ended. Tobias Daboi is the winner. Congrats. icon_wink.gif

#26 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:32 PM

Voting for this week has ended. Tobias Daboi is the winner. Congrats. icon_wink.gif

Did... Did Hell just freeze over..?

It WHAT realm do I win SotW? icon_omg.gif

But seriously, thanks to all those who voted... Wow.. I won...

#27 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(Tobias Daboi @ Sep 23 2005, 06:32 PM)

Did... Did Hell just freeze over..?

It WHAT realm do I win SotW? icon_omg.gif

But seriously, thanks to all those who voted... Wow.. I won...

I guess the voting ended a bit early this week. Congratulations, Tobias Daboi! icon_biggrin.gif
Oh, and yes, Hell did just freeze over. I saw it on the news last night.

#28 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:12 AM

Something I just noticed, though it wouldn't affect my vote: if you're trying to mimic the ALTTP level 6 boss, Tobias, Vitrious is actually Vitreous. Minor spelling mistake on the screen. icon_wink.gif

#29 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:36 AM

Way to go, Tobias! Congratulations!

#30 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 24 September 2005 - 01:37 AM

HappyPuppet:

Yeah, Dart already pointed that out. icon_smile.gif

While I'm a tad disappointed Dart didn't get a win from that shot, I do see why some people would vote for Tobias'. While DZ's is nice, it's purely demonstrational... I guess I'm just a little too questioning when I see custom bosses. Indeed, it's a nice screen with stuff happening on it, or about to happen. I hope it turns out to be as good a boss as the picture foreshadows.

Congrats, Tobias! Your time to shine now. w00t. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users