Elegant Design Contests

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:42 AM

So, because I am pleased with the way my first contest went, I am going to announce the start of the Elegant Design Contests.

What are the Elegant Design Contests?
I'm glad I asked.

The Elegant Design Contests, hereby known as the EDCs for simplicity's sake, will be a series of indefinite contests with their own themes. Note, the submissions for these contests will not be required to be elegant in any way whatsoever.

What kind of themes could we look forward?
There can be a variety of themes, and a variety of types of contests. The first was a metroidvania contest, because that was the idea that most intrigued me. In the future though, these contests could be to design a dungeon, a quest, or even other things. Each will have their own theme though. Think Screenshot: Challenge Accepted, except in Quest/Dungeon/Design form. And each contest will have its own set of categories.

The rules for EVERY contest are as follows.
1. You do not have to follow any of the set categories. They are just things that I will fit the theme the most.
2. You may have more than one submission.
3. If your contest is questionable, ask questions, and at least leave a disclaimer on the questionable content.
4. Team submissions are always accepted, unless stated otherwise.
5. Enjoy the contests, and hopefully they will inspire you.
6. The rules may expand per individual contest, or if I think of more rules that are necessary.

EDC #1: Metroidvania Quests
EDC #2: Media-Inspired Dungeons
...to be continued...
  • Anthus, Shane and Eddy like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

Seems like a rather interesting idea, hoping there would be enough interest for this and hopefully more entries for later contests. Didn't have a chance to join the last one, but I could give things a shot for future ones.

• Shane likes this

#3 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:36 AM

So when's the next contest? I need to know, so I can stress myself planning over it only to bail at the last second.

• Anthus and Naru like this

#4 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:47 AM

Basically right after the Metroidvania voting ends. I will go ahead and say that by a media-inspired dungeon, that it will basically be a contest with a dungeon based on something media related (story, book, movie, television show, mythology, etc...).
  • Shane likes this

#5 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

I like the idea of this too. I'm all for new contests and whatnot. The only thing I can see causing a lack of submissions is people feeling like they have to make something big. I've thought about trying to make an entire quest using only one map (excluding maps for layers, and cutscenes and stuff) and that could make for an interesting idea, or theme. Either way, I'm excited to see where this goes, and hopefully I'll be able to participate in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users