Zelda Classic Editor 'Overworld Theme'

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheLink

TheLink

An octorok under a duck?!?!

• Members

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

If you go on the quest editor, etc tab, The Travels of Link, Overworld, there is a good overworld theme. However I can't seem to be able to find it anywhere else. Is it an actual theme, or can I is it only on zelda classic and is there any way for me to use it in a quest?

Thanks for your time.

#2 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

It should in the included Zelda.nsf: I believe it is track 1.

In ZQuest, in the DMap editor, in the 'Music' tab, load Zelda.nsf as the 'Enhanced Music' file, and set the track to '01'.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 07 July 2017 - 12:02 PM.

#3 TheLink

TheLink

• Members

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

I checked and it isn't in zelda.nsf, track 1 is the tile screen for the original legend of zelda. Unless either the music i want sounds different on mine, or you have a different file I'm not sure...

I also checked 5th music.nsf.

#4 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:39 AM

Did you try the other tracks of zelda.nsf? If track 1 is the title, then it may be track 2, or track 3.

#5 TheLink

TheLink

• Members

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:34 AM

yes, i tried all tracks in zelda.nsf and 5th music.nsf

#6 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

Zoria, I think he's referring to this:

XbEHTIo-QcageCKOKV4MdQ.png

I don't think these are in any of the .nsf files packaged with ZC, they sound like MIDI piano songs to me. To me it looks like it's just a ZC thing only, I haven't found this anywhere else.

#7 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:10 AM

Zoria, I think he's referring to this:

XbEHTIo-QcageCKOKV4MdQ.png

I don't think these are in any of the .nsf files packaged with ZC, they sound like MIDI piano songs to me. To me it looks like it's just a ZC thing only, I haven't found this anywhere else.

Oh, that. I checked the source. This menu plays an internal MIDI file, 'THETRAVELSOFLINK_MID' in the zquest.dat file, at a specific position for each 'track'. This is an allegro grabber datafile, with no external hooks, but Saffith or Gleeok may have the original.

Note that this is one long MIDI sequence shoved into the datafile, with the start and loop positions hardcoded in a function set, playtune*().

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 09 July 2017 - 06:18 AM.

#8 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

If you go on the quest editor, etc tab, The Travels of Link, Overworld, there is a good overworld theme. However I can't seem to be able to find it anywhere else. Is it an actual theme, or can I is it only on zelda classic and is there any way for me to use it in a quest?

Thanks for your time.

http://timelord.inso...avelsOfLink.mid

Have fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users