Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#706 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 02:16 PM

Ah.  One room northeast of the entrance, did you use a super-bomb on the 2x2 glowing blue rock thing?  There was someone in the mines that gave that hint.

#707 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:34 PM

It has been WAY too long since I played this.   Wondered about that hint but totally forgot I was supposed to have a super bomb at this point.   I don't.   I'll go find one somewhere.   Don't tell me where.   This is what I get for going six years without playing.   

#708 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:09 PM

Heh, sorry.  Okay, I won't tell you where, but I'll put it in a spoiler in case you need one.

Spoiler

#709 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:00 PM

Got it.   I'm now in train station.   Just as a reminder - I can get the L3 sword very nearby, right?   In the town?

Edit:  I don't know what I'm not doing.   I talked to the guy in the desert.   I think I have gone underwater everywhere in that cave.  I've been swimming in it for an hour.  I am not picking up the sword for some reason.  

Edited by SofaKing, 17 July 2019 - 12:19 AM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#710 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 17 July 2019 - 04:21 AM

In past versions, yes, you could go directly to the L3 Sword if you could warp into the Little Girl's dream to go to the Crystal Town.  That is no longer true.  The dive flag will only appear if you have done the previous steps in the journey of discovery of the rumors of the sword's existence.

But to save you time, there's only one step that actually matters.  You have to navigate the desert maze west of Kanavas, then enter a cave with a 2x2 room with a square "whirlpool" of sand/conveyors. Kill all the enemies in the upper-right corner of that room and descend into the stairs below. Talk to the woman, walk around a tiny bit to trigger the secret that makes the sword attainable, and leave. Hopefully that's the "guy" that you mentioned. I think it's a girl. I have no idea. :freak: Then go for the sword.

Anyway, to save you even more time, once you've dived into the fountain in Crystal Town, (I keep using the wrong names for places.  Ha...) go one screen north then east.  See the little  2x3 diversion of swimmable water on the bottom-middle of the screen?  It has two traps on the bottom?  The upper-right combo of that 2x3 formation is where you need to dive.  Not the straight single-combo wide path going horizontally across the screen, but one combo below that horizontal path, hugging the right wall.  Here's an ASCII art map.  Dive in the red spot.

XXXXXXXXXX
==========
XXXX==XXXX
XXXX==XXXX
XXXX==XXXX
XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXX

#711 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:44 AM

I did go through the maze, kill the enemies, and talk to the woman (I honestly don't pay that much attention to NPCs other than what they say if it seems important).  I wonder if for some reason I didn't trigger the secret somehow?   I'll go back, talk to her again, walk all around the room, then try again.  Having that bad boy will make exploration SO much easier.  

Edit:  I just missed the exact spot somehow.   Not sure how.   Combat is indeed much nicer now.  

Edited by SofaKing, 17 July 2019 - 09:59 PM.

#712 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:43 AM

I finished the Storm Tower. Not sure where to go next.

#713 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:03 AM

Congrats!  If you have the item from Storm Tower, the Devouring Forest is next.  Oh boy.  It's a rather terrifying place.  Having the Lens of Truth or the L4 Boomerang will be extremely useful in there, but they're both in difficult-to-reach spots in the Excavation, behind plentiful Relic rooms and even one locked door, perhaps.  I can advise you further on those if you'd like.  It's up to you.  Very spoilerific.

Anyway, to reach the Devouring Forest, either find the sleeping squirrel south of the Wise Owl in Kokiri Forest, or head east'ish (Well, a bit southeast) from the Train Station in Crystalia.

A few tips for the Devouring Forest:

Spoiler

#714 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:37 PM

Hmmm... I still have the level 2 boomerang, I must have missed the level 3 somewhere.

As for advice on the Excavation, please put it in a spoiler in case I need some help there. Thanks

Congrats!  If you have the item from Storm Tower, the Devouring Forest is next.  Oh boy.  It's a rather terrifying place.  Having the Lens of Truth or the L4 Boomerang will be extremely useful in there, but they're both in difficult-to-reach spots in the Excavation, behind plentiful Relic rooms and even one locked door, perhaps.  I can advise you further on those if you'd like.  It's up to you.  Very spoilerific.

Anyway, to reach the Devouring Forest, either find the sleeping squirrel south of the Wise Owl in Kokiri Forest, or head east'ish (Well, a bit southeast) from the Train Station in Crystalia.

A few tips for the Devouring Forest:

Spoiler

• ShadowTiger likes this

#715 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 27 July 2019 - 04:27 AM

You only have a chance at getting the L3 Boomerang (Which can stun bubbles) just before Marathon Dungeon. It's in the tree-house shop to the right of Link's house. Not the .. uh .. real one. <.< You'll know it when you see it. It's expensive though, so make sure you have the L2 Wallet from the northeast Excavation F-1.

To get the L4 Boomerang:
Spoiler

Download this and replace your DoY250.qst file with this. (Or just rename it first, of course. Always hate undoable replacements.) I made one change to one room on B-3 of the Excavation which will make this much more possible.

#716 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 July 2019 - 09:47 AM

long time ago i almost beat the game on the previous vertion on the DoY2012RC3.qst , i was on the last dungeon but i quit, now i decided to make justice and beat the game but from the beginning with the new version DoY250.qst  and i went to the first boss and notable a change, it is more easy than the last vertion or it has a bug, i kill the mushrooms minions and then it supposed the boss to trow fire to me and it doesn't , i just trow him the boomerang and it die,  is that a bug ?

i used Zelda Classic 2.53-Win-Release-2 as it says on this topic

#717 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 27 July 2019 - 12:52 PM

I do think it's a bug, but I'm still trying to figure out how to fix it. It's a particularly weird one. But hey, if it works out for you, great. :P

#718 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:30 AM

ok , i will continue the quest then and tell you if i find another difference on the game

I dont see the prize of the items on the shop, how do i see it ?

#719 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:43 AM

Walk up to the wooden sign in front of the shop and press "A" to read it. It'll describe how you can buy the item with the A or B item (One or the other; I don't recall at the moment.) and "R" to view a description and price of the item.

#720 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2019 - 11:04 AM

the save statues works, but when i get kill , i go back to the beginning unless i choose retry on the game and then continue, but if i got an item and i get kill i loosed that item if i choose retry to go on the save statue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users