Cambria Feedback

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 July 2022 - 08:21 PM

(I promise this is the last Cambria-related thread for a while.)

A user in the ZC Land Discord server suggested that I create a feedback thread for the Cambria tileset, which seemed like a good idea. So, please use this thread to post any feedback you have for the tileset, be it small bugs, suggestions for new tiles, or organizational improvements.

It's possible I won't be able to (or won't want to) implement all the feedback, but I'd sure like to try!

• Mani Kanina, Shane, Jenny and 1 other like this

#2 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 05 July 2022 - 08:32 PM

Lots of quest rules seem to be in odd spots, so maybe all of them could be looked over. But critically: compatibility rules are very outdated, which disable a lot of 2.55 features by default (new chests and dark rooms, for example).

Tiles have an inconsistency when it comes to what index is assumed, and used, for black outlines. Usually the big divide here is between new tiles in Cambria and tiles from old Classic. 0x8 and 0xF are used interchangeably. This is not an issue on pack in, but can produce extra work when people want to expand the palettes.

The default ring items have weird animation information, waiting for 50 frames before then cycling through a bunch of tiles. This *seems* unintended and a leftover from how classic had shining rings.

-

Some regular square dungeon pre-fabs would be good to have for all wall types on map 1. Just regular walls around the square room as they are intended t tile with a single combo floor, no doors, but the right door set already selected for the screen. ZC does have a dedicated screen in the lowest row for where it wants a singular prefab screen for it's fill function, but I don't remember which one... Either way, just the screens existing for easy copy pasta when getting started would be good QoL.

-

There are weird copies of the dungeon barriers at tile page 200, they don't seem to be assigned to any combos so I assume they were a WIP thing.

-

Enemy death Sprite effect only runs for a single frame. (This seems to partially be a ZC issue, not a tileset issue.)

Edited by Mani Kanina, 15 July 2022 - 08:39 PM.

• Matthew likes this

#3 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 July 2022 - 08:52 PM

These are good catches, especially the last two points. I removed most of the item animations but must have forgotten the rings.

With regards to the quest rules -- I'm actually not very comfortable with 2.55, its features, and the impacts of the compatibility rules, so that may take some time for me to go over and understand.

#4 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 06 July 2022 - 12:39 PM

Lots of quest rules seem to be in odd spots, so maybe all of them could be looked over. But critically: compatibility rules are very outdated, which disable a lot of 2.55 features by default (new chests and dark rooms, for example).

This is a 2.53 tileset/.qst so all that is disabled by default when importing the tileset to 2.55.

• Shane likes this

#5 Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

Mr.ReDead

• Members

Posted 19 January 2024 - 09:25 PM

So, a bit of an oddity using this tileset in 2.55 A120, for the default NES Item Cellar + Passageway room type, what pallet would need to be changed in order to actually have visuals for the rooms? The screen 80 and 81(s) show up as colorless tiles (blacked out, all of them). Is this something else that I can adjust on my own? Is there a quest rule I could change, or should I make my own Cellar/Passageway rooms elsewhere on a map?

Two minutes of fiddling fixed this; Imported an existing pallet over the default one. (00B = -DUNGEONS-) for this. Apologies for hasty post thing.

Edited by Mr.ReDead, 19 January 2024 - 10:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users