Hey Shigeru Miyamoto

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Rambly

Rambly

-

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:03 AM

I found a couple of other fun little indie games you made outside of your new game The Legend of Zelda :D Haha. They're pretty cool/fun/inventive little things; there's a couple of cool games starring this Italian plumber dude. One's a pretty basic (but surprisingly addictive) arcade game where you climb up a building, and the other is a (surprisingly long and at times difficult!) platforming game, arguably redefining the entire genre. I'm legitimately impressed. So I just wanted to congratulate you on your newfound success with your games. You've earned it.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask you a few questions about your creative processes, Shiggy.

- Do you like to "Shig Out" with perhaps some "Super Mushrooms" when you make games. The games are full of trippy/weird things like turtles and places in the clouds and a big monkey dude
- I heard you were going to make your next The Legend of Zelda game (Zelda 2?) a side view type game or an RPG. Is this true to any degree and how do you plan on merging the new game's innovations with the current game's style

Also sorry the forums were so weird and a mess on the day your game came out. I guess there are a lot of "yuksters" who like to do pranks or whatever.

#2 Shane

Shane

Bien!

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

Welcome to PureZC! Enjoy cuccos and bread

#3 Rambly

Rambly

-

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

has anyone thought to combine the chickens and bread, to create a "chicken sandwich".
  • Nathaniel, The Satellite, Russ and 5 others like this

#4 Shigeru Miyamoto

Shigeru Miyamoto

• Banned

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

Oh, you found the Super Mario Brothers! It's a fun little game, but when I made ​​a Legend of Zelda, in order to create a real adventure, I wanted something immersive more, but Mario, a simple fun it is a game thing for all those who have. And, thank you for the congratulations you. You're the one who make these kinds of games I looking for right. :D

For questions, it is as follows:

There is a need to remember the mother, "I, is new. However, it was cool completely, to ensure you during the design process. My children are bright and flashy wacky animals and color" OUT SHIG it is only to help attract people more and more, including. I want to enjoy my game for all ages.

Oh, yes, Zelda 2: Adventure of Link. Well, there we wanted to try something new as well as Super Mario Bros. In fact, I have heard you correctly. However, by including combat and swordplay that it holds, when the "feel Zelda", you move between areas, it is an overhead style like the first game much we. We hope that you will find a fascinating experience it.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I get up to mischief of his mother sometimes, in the office, I do not care about the mischief. :)

• Rambly and Taco Chopper like this

#5 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

Composer/Remixer

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

Oh, you found the Super Mario Brothers! It's a fun little game, but when I made ​​a Legend of Zelda, in order to create a real adventure, I wanted something immersive more, but Mario, a simple fun it is a game thing for all those who have. And, thank you for the congratulations you. You're the one who make these kinds of games I looking for right. :D

There is a need to remember the mother, "I, is new. However, it was cool completely, to ensure you during the design process. My children are bright and flashy wacky animals and color" OUT SHIG it is only to help attract people more and more, including. I want to enjoy my game for all ages.

Oh, yes, Zelda 2: Adventure of Link. Well, there we wanted to try something new as well as Super Mario Bros. In fact, I have heard you correctly. However, by including combat and swordplay that it holds, when the "feel Zelda", you move between areas, it is an overhead style like the first game much we. We hope that you will find a fascinating experience it.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I get up to mischief of his mother sometimes, in the office, I do not care about the mischief. :)

We miss you Papa Shiggy!

#6 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

Miyamoto, I have a question while you are here. Do you know anything about the rumors of there potentially being a different version of Super Mario Bros 2 for the USA than the one for Japan? I'd like my mind put at ease about the existence of such a thing.

#7 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

excuse me sir, but are you aware of the bug in level 1 that leaves you with an extra key? i left level one and the door in the first room was magically opened. i thought it was some secret bread magic but i could be wrong!!

#8 Shigeru Miyamoto

Shigeru Miyamoto

• Banned

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

It is correct Nick. People outside of Japan, when that had played the original Super Mario Bros. 2, they found that it's impossible much! Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panikku outside of Japan instead. Please do not worry. Is a lot of fun it, and I worked on this game! 

Breadguy, to find a vague bug like this is very smart are you! You know, the game is great. It is much larger than the Super Mario Brothers! Us to release a game without bugs is very difficult, but we will do our best all!

#9 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:53 AM

Shigeru Miyamoto do you expect Nintendo's company future to be positive and grow? 

What kind of technology do you feel Nintendo will have in the years 2000 and above?

#10 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

Does anyone know if Shigeru is planning on releasing the tileset he used in that quest? I think I could do some cool stuff with it! I'll shoot him a PM really quick

#11 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

You made my day! <3

#12 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Hmmm, I gave your little indie game "Legend of Zelda" a playthrough and I'll say it was reasonably fun. It's a little rough around the edges but I believe it is an unpolished gem of a game that has potential to last decades! But there are some outstanding flaws you might want to improve on in future games.

Firstly, Link's design is a bit lackluster. Unlike the rest of the wacky game, he doesn't stand out as being particularly memorable. He could really use a bit more...pizazz, if you get where I'm coming from. Something crazy like brightly colored hair would make him stand out in the crowd. Something magenta or purple, maybe?

Another thing is that while I was walking around in the overworld, sometimes I would forget where I needed to go...about every 30 seconds. I suffer from a unique memory disorder, you see, and I often found myself lost. If future "Legend of Zelda" games had some sort of a system to remind you where to go, I'm sure players would appreciate that greatly. :D

And finally, I know that current technology might not allow for such an idea...but if Link had voice acting it would really help round out his character! He seems to be a very intelligent character to me, so I'm sure he'd have troves of thoughtful information to give if he had a speaking role.

#13 Shigeru Miyamoto

Shigeru Miyamoto

• Banned

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

Shigeru Miyamoto do you expect Nintendo's company future to be positive and grow? 

What kind of technology do you feel Nintendo will have in the years 2000 and above?

I would love to create evolve the way we play video games at all times, all kinds of hardware and Nintendo games. You would like to think we accept this mission completely still in the future, and fill it to its finest.

Does anyone know if Shigeru is planning on releasing the tileset he used in that quest? I think I could do some cool stuff with it! I'll shoot him a PM really quick

Why do not wait more advanced ones, but it, our fans would be interesting to see what can be created using the graphics that we had created for the video game of us? There is certainly a graphics, but our changes, in the future, you are limited. But you do not shoot the Prime Minister, I would appreciate it.

Hmmm, I gave your little indie game "Legend of Zelda" a playthrough and I'll say it was reasonably fun. It's a little rough around the edges but I believe it is an unpolished gem of a game that has potential to last decades! But there are some outstanding flaws you might want to improve on in future games.

Firstly, Link's design is a bit lackluster. Unlike the rest of the wacky game, he doesn't stand out as being particularly memorable. He could really use a bit more...pizazz, if you get where I'm coming from. Something crazy like brightly colored hair would make him stand out in the crowd. Something magenta or purple, maybe?

Another thing is that while I was walking around in the overworld, sometimes I would forget where I needed to go...about every 30 seconds. I suffer from a unique memory disorder, you see, and I often found myself lost. If future "Legend of Zelda" games had some sort of a system to remind you where to go, I'm sure players would appreciate that greatly. :D

And finally, I know that current technology might not allow for such an idea...but if Link had voice acting it would really help round out his character! He seems to be a very intelligent character to me, so I'm sure he'd have troves of thoughtful information to give if he had a speaking role.

I appreciate your feelings, you are delighted that you are feeling some time to continue it. It's rough around the edges, to be sure, but we will continue to build on this new expression innovative, to something better.

For hair of Link, it sounds a little absurd to me. Most of the work that I was as colorful quirky. In fact, it might sound absurd to you. Link, you mean that if you want to be really feel for the players is a "link" as if it actually on an adventure he is. The color of the stupid hair like this, from the experience, you may if you take, do not you think? :)

If you're feeling you are lost, it may be enough maps to solve the problem in the future perhaps? It means that in that I have stated above, Link to fill the shoes of the hero for the player is a "link". Just in the same way as wacky hair, he with a voice of his own, will take you from the experience probably.

Thank you for your kind advice. And thank you for playing.

• The Satellite, Shane and ZeldaPlayer like this

#14 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

But you do not shoot the Prime Minister, I would appreciate it.

I have no intentions of doing so, you have my word.

• The Satellite likes this

#15 JetBox

JetBox

No Box to be Found

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:13 PM

Hey Shigeru Miyamoto, I heard you have plans for a new console, but this one is portable. Explain to me how this will work. I can't fit my head around a game device that you can hold in your hand and not have to plug in a wall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users