The Official Quest Screenshot Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13319 replies to this topic

#31 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:25 PM

Okay, it has been a little while since I've given much new info about Sky Towers. First of all, the shots:

user posted image I actually just constructed this today. It will be a fleet of pirate ships, a couple of which you can actually visit on the open sea. Obviously, the one pirate is rather stupid in his assessment of dangerous things.

user posted image This is the second Sky Tower, the Azul Lighthouse. I have added mist and rain to add to the effect. The environment is like the Aqua Rock from Golden Sun 2. I hope Link can see all right...

user posted image Well, judging from the name, you get a certain ability here... This guy is obsessed with grass. Wow.

user posted image This is the new Level 4, completely redone in a new format. I've had it like this for a while, and I think it really gives it that unique look. In fact, for all of the dungeons so far in some way, shape or form I have deviated from the Oracles clone; I have spruced all of them up to give them a unique look. Level 1 looks COMPLETELY different as of now. Let's hope Link doesn't drown in this water-filled grotto.

Well, that's it for now. I have more stuff I could have shown, but I decided not to. Since I didn't post a demo at the Expo, I figure new shots once in a while should cover for that somewhat. Also, I am thinking about having multiple small demos at the next Expo where you play from different points (like the Wind Waker demo on the Collector's Edition Disc). One might be dungeon and one overworld. Well, that's all the updates for now.

I am working very hard to give the characters more of a personality than one or two strings can allow. Characters mention other characters, etc. Personality traits sometimes may be emphasized. Some characters include James and Arthur Miller (yeah I know, author's name), who have suffered tragedies, and the King of Hyrule, who is having certain visions of late about dreadful things... If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

#32 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Contributors

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:36 PM

Feast yer eyes all up upon these *****es!

I will not release any information about these shots... but, you have been warned...

And no, these are not from AoD... icon_whistle.gif

#33 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:51 PM

Those are some pretty cool shots, Tobias icon_wink.gif.

#34 August Yifu

August Yifu

Magus

• Banned

Posted 06 August 2005 - 09:30 PM

Theres some really great stuff here. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm still having lots of fun getting my opening cutscenes working properly. -_-

Though, I do however have the first 3 screens you see.

My quest starts with:

user posted image
Nice way to kick off things, eh? >.> I'm not self-absorbed at all...

user posted image
I just had to advertise everyones favorite forum board. icon_razz.gif

user posted image
I got lazy so I reduced the colors. icon_razz.gif .. the text in the title looks a bit ratty, so I may redo the text. icon_neutral.gif

If I ever stop struggling with cutscenes, perhaps I'll get some REAL screenshots. icon_xd.gif

#35 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

·

• Members

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:10 PM

... *Poke* ... Um ... Kitsune, ... you say "real" as if these aren't worth anything. In fact, I doubt I've ever seen a quest besides DoR with title screens as good. o_o Seriously. I'm not exaggerating in the least.

I don't have any new screenshots to present. I've been working in Megazeux. If you wanted some screenies of my quest there, I could give you some. icon_razz.gif But not here. ^_^ *lol*

#36 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:22 AM

user posted image

Gerudo Fortress OoT style 8-)
I know, wrong dmap name.

#37 Anthus

Anthus

• Contributors

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

Some of you may recognise these shots from my sig... Also, these five were not in the original .zip a few posts up...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I'm still not giving away any information icon_wink.gif These can hold you over...

#38 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Friendship is 5ever

• Members

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:55 PM

Tobias, personaly, I think those mountains in shots 1 and 3 look ugly. Maybe you should use Prince's Pure Mountains or the True rock set as an alternitive. icon_wink.gif

#39 Anthus

Anthus

• Contributors

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:50 AM

You no likey meh moutainz screenz? icon_frown.gif

Which mountains? There are three different types! icon_razz.gif

Well, I didn't make them, but where can I find Prince's alternate tiles? Also, screen one is a point at the beggening of a path heading north... It is also in between the coast and the forest area... So, if you poeple haven't noticed, I have decided to use a different cliff tile for each area...

I will be using either BS, ot AlttP moutain tiles for Death Mountain =O !

Also, I have one more shot for ya icon_wink.gif

user posted image

#40 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:38 PM

Sadly, I have no complete screens for my current quest (it doesn't have a name either), so here's a screen from my cancelled quest: Link's Awakening II.

user posted image

And here's a diff. version of the same screen:
user posted image

#41 Anthus

Anthus

• Contributors

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:51 PM

Dude, I love that water!

Those water tiles are great... But, the AlttP Sand clashes with the MC cliffs...

#42 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:16 PM

Now that I've started using Pure Extreme I won't be using the clear water. I've realized that the main reason I'm making such little progress in my quest is because I keep adding new tiles, so I'm just going to use the water that's already in the set.

#43 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Friendship is 5ever

• Members

Posted 17 August 2005 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Tobias Daboi @ Aug 17 2005, 12:50 PM)
You no likey meh moutainz screenz? icon_frown.gif

Which mountains? There are three different types! icon_razz.gif

Well, I didn't make them, but where can I find Prince's alternate tiles? Also, screen one is a point at the beggening of a path heading north... It is also in between the coast and the forest area... So, if you poeple haven't noticed, I have decided to use a different cliff tile for each area...

I will be using either BS, ot AlttP moutain tiles for† Death Mountain =O !

Also, I have one more shot for ya icon_wink.gif

user posted image

Which mountian? Not the Minish Cap ones, not the orginal default pure ones, so that makes err.. the remaining ones. Sorry if my previous post was hard to understand I didn't know what to call those mountains. icon_razz.gif
The Prince mountains are here Click

Edited by Fire Wizzrobe, 17 August 2005 - 04:06 PM.

#44 Anthus

Anthus

• Contributors

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:30 PM

(Taken care of...)

Alright... this is it... Here goes the lid... Well kinda anyway... I'm giving the title shot, and the first shot from the opening scene! Now, you will assume (Remember, "assume" makes an ass out of U and Me) that this is a Zelda 1 remake, no? Well... You'll just have to wait and see... though it is something like that... icon_wink.gif

... Hmm... more "..." than usuall...

user posted imageuser posted image

EDIT: I forgot some stuff... Beofore anyone asks, no it is not possible to use strings to have alternate fonts, or colored text (But you guys knew that right icon_wink.gif)... I (tediously) drew that string pixel by pixel! Since this is a little tedious, I have decided to type the stuff in word, then copy it to paint, and bring it into ZC!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!??

Uh... Well see ya...

EDIT 2: Wow, I just noticed how perfectly timed those shots where... The triforce is facing the player in both shots icon_smile.gif

EDIT 3: Old Title, and intro shots. I might have some new ones up soon...

Edited by Tobias Daboi, 28 August 2005 - 09:43 AM.

#45 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:54 PM

I might do that with the text in my quest, I could use the fonts seen on my avatar: Link's Awakening and Ancient Hylian.

Heh. "my quest". I really need to think of a title.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users