Friends

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

Who are your favorite, best friends? What are they like? What do ya like about them? ^ _ ^ What drives you crazy about them? 

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:32 PM

There are about 8 people I consider my best friends. Some of them, I went to high school/ middle school with (10+ years). Others, I've oddly met through my parents. Their friends became some of my best friends. I also am really close with my cousin, though technically, he's my mom's cousin. I'm only 27, but some of the people I spend the most time with are 40+. Yeah, we talk shit back an fourth about how lame Gen X, and Millennials are, go disc golfing, see shows, and drink cause we are working class people. :P

Then I have my friends that I went to school with. Most of them are like me (most of us here) and pretty 'nerdy' for all intents and purposes. We get together, play games, laugh at dumb ass games, talk shit about the world, and just generally have a good time. Two of my best friends have kids, and a wife. I'm thankful that they are actually cool and the stereotypical thing of losing contact with your school buddies didn't happen cause they got married/ had kids/ "moved on". I'm not as close to one of my oldest friends as I was, but we still talk from time to time. We did a lot of crazy stuff back in the day. Mainly, just dumb "urban exploring" type stuff. Trespassing, entering abandoned buildings, going into storm drains, you know, the good ol' stuff.

Now anymore, I find myself really unwilling to make new/ other friends IRL. It's weird, cause I was really social when I was younger. Like, I don't make friends with, and hang out with coworkers for example. The exception being when I lived on a vacation destination island for two summers, and your coworkers become like family (for better or worse). I don't know why, but in some ways, it worries me. I'm not outgoing, but I'm not particularly anti-social. It just takes me a few times of hanging out with someone to make sure they'll get "me" and not get annoyed, or offended. I'm liberal as hell, and open minded, but around certain people I'm close with, we say, and joke about the  most edgelord fucked up stuff, so I want any prospective new friends to know that I'm not really an asshole ;)

• Naru likes this

#3 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 19 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

An amazing, creative, skilled, talented, hard-working, funny, smart, brilliant person... who hangs out with insane, manipulative, controlling people that ruin everything. Friends of friends are the worst.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:06 AM

An amazing, creative, skilled, talented, hard-working, funny, smart, brilliant person... who hangs out with insane, manipulative, controlling people that ruin everything. Friends of friends are the worst.

With all due respect, quit being like Knuckles, and getting tricked :P. I'm not trying to be preachy but you'll move past this blockade of mental BS in time, even though it may seem insurmountable now.

#5 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:14 AM

I didn't challenge what you wrote; please don't challenge what I wrote.

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:17 AM

Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Seriously that was not my intention.

#7 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:18 AM

Back on track (no offence to you guys :P):

I recently lamented not having any very close friends, not including my brother and sister, of course. I am not amazing at social situations - I'm great at cordiality, and most people seem to like me (#humblebrag), but I've rarely gotten close enough to a person to be able to tell them everything and be emotionally intimate - let's leave physical intimacy out of this for now :P.

That being said, my best friends are a family who I met because the oldest son was at nursery with me. I've known them since before the youngest was born, and they are great. Having just left school to go to university, I've left a few acquaintances behind, but there's one pair I try to keep in touch with who I've been friends with since the beginning of high school (6 years, cos I'm in Scotland), as well as another guy I play chess with online. They were the chess club regulars in my year, and probably my best friends in the year.

And, then, there was/is a particular girl. I'll say nothing else, because, while I like this community a lot, that's about as much I can comfortably say, even (fairly) anonymously.

That's not to say that I didn't have other girls as friends - as I say, cordial acquaintances and some decently good (non-romantic) relationships.

Now, I live in a university flat of nine people (including myself), so I've got eight new friends from that. And one of the only other people doing my course introduced himself to me, so there's another. They all seem decent, but I've known them for a week and a half, so I can't really say much.

#8 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:04 PM

To be honest I thought this thread was about the TV show Friends... 

• Nathaniel, Anthus, Adem and 8 others like this

#9 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

I hate that show and my sister told me I am not a decent human cause of it.

So far I had three chances to make good friends and messed up all three times. I am trying once more, but since she this time has also quite some troubles with really opening up chances are not too good again.
  • Dark Ice Dragon likes this

#10 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:34 PM

So far I had three chances to make good friends and messed up all three times. I am trying once more, but since she this time has also quite some troubles with really opening up chances are not too good again.

You can't rush things. If you have time, take it. Open up yourself, and she'll likely start to feel like she knows you well enough to open up to you. It takes time to cement friendships.

Though what do I know?

#11 Joey2216

Joey2216

Junior

• Members

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

actually lost a best friend this morning 

#12 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:49 PM

my best friend was the one that play whit me when all the others ignoed me, the one that never told me how i must live, the one that don't tell me what i must belive or think but accepted me even if i was the strangest kid of the class

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users