Photo

Screenshot of the Week 282

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

Poll: ~ (71 member(s) have cast votes)

~

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

I really liked Sheik's screenie. The palette here and the design is stunning.

However, everyone did a great job this week! Nice work to everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

#17 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Feb 2 2010, 12:26 PM) View Post

Yoshidude
IPB Image
Link in a peaceful nice village

Why, oh why is there one random GB mountain tile mixed in with those Pure mountain tiles? And why do you not keep the mountain height consistent? Also, why does the mountain just ram into the side of the house? Fix all your mountain issues and this screen will be much, MUCH better.

And also...why is it a jpg? icon_frown.gif

Edited by Plissken, 02 February 2010 - 08:42 PM.

#18 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:30 PM

To those saying Sheik's shot has perspective issues, can someone show me a shot that's perfect in perspective?

Anyways, Sheik gets my vote. PURE FTW!

Edited by Dawnlight, 02 February 2010 - 08:30 PM.

#19 Jenny

Jenny

braixen

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Feb 2 2010, 07:59 PM) View Post

Why, oh why is there one random GB mountain tile mixed in with those Pure mountain tiles? And why do you not keep the mountain height consistent? Also, why does the mountain just ram into the side of the house? Fix all your mountain issues and this screen will be much, MUCH better.

And also...why is it a jpg? icon_frown.gif
the mountain is behind the roof

#20 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:23 AM

But it's too far down. When you think about the house, the floor would actually be 4 tiles wide.

Edited by Plissken, 03 February 2010 - 12:26 AM.

#21 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Feb 3 2010, 12:55 AM) View Post

I accidentally null'd, but I meant to vote for Sheiks. I also liked Nuvo's, the caption made me laugh.
Wouldn't it be much cooler if Link held the Deku-leaf over his head?

It definately would. Well, other than the tileplacement, everything on this screen is rather WIP anyways.
I am glad you guys like my screen =) The feedback is really appreciated.

#22 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:23 AM

Sheik, stop being so good! How am I supposed to compete with that, when your screens make me compulsively vote for you? *tries to resist* ... not... working... urge... too strong! *votes*

#23 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:03 AM

Voted for ZeeLiam, for I'm a fan of GB (and that palette in particular) and like the screen a lot.
Sheik's is nice, but the fact that there's nothing below the clouds puts me off a little.

#24 Yapollo

Yapollo

To Discover

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

So Sheik's shot is from his next project. If the rest of the shots look that good, it's an instant download.

#25 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

This is a tricky choice as I really like all of the shot's, so I thought of null voting, but then I decided to vote for Nuvo because of the interesting atmosphere of the shot. All other contestants have done a great job too in my opinion.

#26 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(Yapollo @ Feb 3 2010, 11:05 PM) View Post

So Sheik's shot is from his next project. If the rest of the shots look that good, it's an instant download.

Haha, thanks icon_wink.gif Well, I do what I can; and I'm telling you, the flying field area is rather unspectacular, Aurelia has some pretty freaky places to show =3

#27 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

I was gonna vote for ZeeLiam, which in my opinion has the best design. But then I saw Sheik's and it was so weirdly different that it caught my attention and I voted for him. icon_thumbsup.gif

#28 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE(Molten Onyx @ Feb 4 2010, 02:15 AM) View Post

I was gonna vote for ZeeLiam, which in my opinion has the best design. But then I saw Sheik's and it was so weirdly different that it caught my attention and I voted for him. icon_thumbsup.gif
You can't think of how happy I am to read this icon_smile.gif. This is exactly what I want people to feel about it. Yay!

#29 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:56 AM

ZeeLiam - 6/10
Looks pretty good for the most part, although the screen feels like it is trying to do everything. That tree stump near the water feels like it doesn't really belong there.

Nuvo - 7/10
I like the shadowing effect the trees above have over the hole. Good stuff.

Yoshidude - 6/10
While I like the setup with the trees and the cliff, something about the grass details doesn't feel right to me. I can't really explain it, unfortunately.

Rem - 7/10
Normally I am not a fan of seeing three or more tree colors in one screen, but I see that those in the center are like that for a reason. The one stump looks out of place, but that could be the hint. The rest of the screen looks pretty good. Just change the red cliff top to something greener or browner maybe, as it sticks out like a sore thumb for something that probably shouldn't.

Sheik - 8/10
Welcome to Aurelia indeed. It all fits together very nicely.

#30 Alex-Link

Alex-Link

Alex-Link

• Members

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

Entries were really good this week, but Sheik gets my vote, it's a great screenie!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users