Interactable people and signs.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

noble gent

• Members

Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:32 PM

I looked around the forum a bit before posting this but if there is a post about this already it would be nice to have a link.

So ive seen in alot of quests that there areoften signs or people that will output text when you press the a button by them but i cant seem to find any combo that will do this unless i have to go the roundabout way and make a duplicate screen and teleport to it or something. Or perhaps i would have to use a script? If theres an easier way it would be nice to know.

#2 Lüt

Lüt

Germanize

• Members

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:04 PM

Or perhaps i would have to use a script?

Right.

This is the basic script most people have been using for years: https://www.purezc.n...e=scripts&id=98

However, if you want something more complex, there's a full NPC interaction system in two forms ("simple" and "full") here: https://www.purezc.n...=scripts&id=149
  • ChrisHunter64 likes this

#3 ChrisHunter64

ChrisHunter64

noble gent

• Members

Posted 04 July 2019 - 02:01 AM

Much appreciation my friend. And its awesome that you responded so quickly so thank you.
Unfortunately im limited to my phone right now so i cant get access to the official website, but i will be able to later.

#4 ZoriaRPG

ZoriaRPG

The Timelord

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 July 2019 - 06:17 AM

While aye, you can do this with warps, it is ugly, messy, and buggy. It leads to forced, repeated cutscenes and other problems; and scripts are far better to accomplish this task at present.

Interactive objects/npcs are on the table for in-editor features in the future.

v2.53.x includes 'Classic.zh' that has this capability, by default, via scripting. Note that this is an entirely different script that has the same general effect.

• ChrisHunter64 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users