• Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#1 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:17 PM

http://news.spong.co...s.asp?prid=8413

Apparently, a new Zelda trailer will be shown at the Game Developer's Conference on March 10th. Online plans for both the Revolution and the DS may also be revealed, or at least touched upon.

Rejoice!

NOTE FROM FOX: The trailer has been released! Download it as soon as you can!

#2 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:24 PM

I excited, and to think I wasn't looking forward to GDC (usually nothing absolutely fantastic is presented). But, 2 things I've been waiting for! Yay!

#3 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:46 PM

I've been waiting to see a new Zelda trailer for almost a whole year now...so it's about time! I wish they would have released that extended trailer that was shown at a private conference at E3 last year and was never shown to the public.

#4 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:05 PM

Yeah, this is gonna look sweet, I felt that if I didn't thing about the game I wouldn't want it as much, and it worked, but now I'm all hyped up. icon_biggrin.gif

#5 Anthus

Anthus

the wild-eyed boy from freecloud

• Forum Moderators

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:17 PM

Yeah, its probably going to be the one they have at IGN... The funny thing is, the places in that movie probably aren't in the actuall game. Have you noticed how there are no mountains ot trees in the background? That is what they did with OoT...

Edited by tobias_daboi, 08 March 2005 - 09:18 PM.

#6 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:19 PM

Actually aren't those things rumors? I read about that a couple of days ago and I thought it was classifed under a rumor. Anywho, I don't see them revealing anything on Revolution. Also, the trailer may just be the extended version of the one shown at E3. But I guess we will find out on thrusday which is not that far away. icon_razz.gif

#7 Neptune

Neptune

Grand Overlord Empress

• Forum Moderators

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:50 PM

I hope it's a new one. I want to see what ideas they have come up with for Link, and how the graphics look. Either way, it'll be cool, and we are all looking forward to it.

#8 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 08 March 2005 - 10:10 PM

From what I understand, this will be a brand new trailer, not the private one from last year. Just fine, if you ask me, since I'd like to see how far they've come in a year.

And yeah, I know what you're saying, Shoelace. But the source I linked to isn't the only one. It's been popping up all over the place. I've quite a few sources. This just happened to be the one I linked to.

http://gc.advancedmn....php?artid=4442

http://boards.ign.co...88/81205588/?13

IGN's been dropping hints about some of this stuff lately. Particularly a new Zelda video and DS online plans. I'm still not sure if Revolution online plans will be unveiled - I'm not as confident about this one. But I'm pretty sure DS plans will be shown in some form.

Technically, it's all still rumor, I suppose, but the chance that this happens is very high.

If I'm wrong, I owe you all a cookie. But nobody after this post! Only people who have already posted!

#9 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 04:00 AM

Dang!! No free cookies for me.

But I'd rather have Fox be right! icon_wink.gif So it doesn't matter!

I've been wondering when Nintendo would release anything new about this game. They released about a dozen screenshots a few months after last E3, but they were mostly just newer, prettier screen captures of stuff we'd essentially already seen.

I suspect Nintendo is treading cautiously and decidedly. They want people to remember what they have in store for them on the GCN, but they don't want to hype it up so much that the excitement sours during the long wait.

Well, anyway, I hope this game is not delayed, for my sake and for Nintendo's. Its mere existence is awesomeness, and I'm keeping my hopes up for something far better than Majora's Mask (comparing their "second Zelda game on the same console" status).

#10 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 01:29 PM

Actullay, f you think about it, Wiond Waker was the second GCN Zelda game. OoT Master Quest. And I think there was another one before that, too, with the other games on it...

#11 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE(Hapkido Master @ Mar 9 2005, 11:29 AM)
Actullay, f you think about it, Wiond Waker was the second GCN Zelda game. OoT Master Quest. And I think there was another one before that, too, with the other games on it...

From what I've heard, OoT Master Quest was actually available on the N64 first; it just never came over here.

But anyway, I wouldn't count it, nor any of the games in the collection CD, because all of them were either ports or port-remakes.

#12 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:03 PM

I've been wondering when Nintendo would release anything new about this game. They released about a dozen screenshots a few months after last E3, but they were mostly just newer, prettier screen captures of stuff we'd essentially already seen.

Dozen? If I remember correctly, there were 3. icon_sweat.gif

BTW: This Zelda is the 3rd Zelda GCN installment. WW->FSA->"WW2".

But, anyway, there might be some Metroid Prime Hunters news. I just remembered that NP said there would be a MPH update and pics in its next issue. I wouldn't doubt it if this is the origin of that update in NP. And, maybe, MPH will tie in with the online thing, and MPH becomes an online multiplayer game. Face it, by the demo, it looks to be mainly a multiplayer game, so it would only make sense if it was online. icon_shrug.gif

#13 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:43 PM

YAY YAY YIPPIE KAZOO ZOWIE ZAM!!!

That's all I have to say...

#14 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Mar 9 2005, 05:00 AM)
But I'd rather have Fox be right! icon_wink.gif So it doesn't matter!

That is a pun in so many ways, Radien. icon_biggrin.gif

On topic: Hope this is a reality. Can't wait to see more. Maybe we'll discover a possible release date??

#15 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 09 March 2005 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Mar 9 2005, 01:03 PM)
Dozen? If I remember correctly, there were 3. icon_sweat.gif

BTW: This Zelda is the 3rd Zelda GCN installment. WW->FSA->"WW2".

Only 3? Well, I guess I got some old shots mixed in with them. The IGN update had some other non-game shots too.

Geez... how specific do I/we have to be? This will be the second Zelda installment on the system that's part of the main series. You know why I compared it to Majora's Mask. icon_razz.gif FSA doesn't even use the same engine.

Hmm... Metroid Prime Hunters... MPH. Miles Per Hour! Another fun acronym. icon_biggrin.gif Almost as good as "Terms of Servicia." (aka Tales of Symphonia)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users