Gay Marriage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#46 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:38 PM

One thing I saw earlier that I had to comment on. Using the ancient Greeks is a bad example. They worshipped inbreeders! It was family tradition for King of the gods to marry his sister. Uranus bred with the mother earth, Chronos married Rheah, Zeus married Hera. Zeus also slept with every female in existence. Using them as a moral example is a bad thing to do.

#47 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:40 PM

True, but look what happened to Zeus as a result. icon_razz.gif icon_lol.gif (It's certainly not suitable for people ages 13-. icon_wink.gif

#48 coinilius

coinilius

• Members

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE(Hapkido Master @ Oct 26 2004, 08:38 PM)
One thing I saw earlier that I had to comment on. Using the ancient Greeks is a bad example. They worshipped inbreeders! It was family tradition for King of the gods to marry his sister. Uranus bred with the mother earth, Chronos married Rheah, Zeus married Hera. Zeus also slept with every female in existence. Using them as a moral example is a bad thing to do.

Actually, using them is a very GOOD example as it was ment to demonstrate HOW moral standards are not, well, standardised but rather are constantly being reimagined by societies.

Also, the bible is rife with incest, fathers offering their daughters to rapists and other moral qaugmires. Abraham married his half-sister, and that was treated as OK.

Edited by coinilius, 26 October 2004 - 10:32 PM.

#49 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:32 PM

Another reason the ancient Greeks are a bad example is there gods were also evil, according to the mythology, Hercules was conceived when Zose raped Hercules's mother and Herra drove Hercules crazy cause him to violently kill his wife and children.

And don't tell me it's not natural. If it wasn't natural, we wouldn't see it AT ALL! O_O

True, there are also guy animals out there.

#50 coinilius

coinilius

• Members

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(Ccc @ Oct 26 2004, 09:32 PM)
Another reason the ancient Greeks are a bad example is there gods were also evil, according to the mythology, Hercules was conceived when Zose raped  Hercules's mother and Herra drove  Hercules crazy cause him to violently kill his wife and children.

The Gods weren't evil, exactly, just... like normal people. They were capable of being petty and cruel (to quote the opening of Hercules; the Legendary Journies), but they weren't just 'evil'.

#51 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:25 AM

Alright people! Why bring up such a controversial issue when not a single one of you are gay?!?!
Heh! Since I'm a hermaphrodite (Intersexed), I'm not allowed to marry a man or a woman huh? If I'm with a woman, I'd be considered a lesbian, if I'm with a man, I'd be called gay. What gives?! So, guess I'm a sinner for being ambigendered.
As for homosexuality being 'not natuaral...It happens in the animal kingdom all the time. Anything that an animal would do, I'd consider natural. I have seen firsthand, homosexuality in dogs (both lesbian and gay).
Also, procreation is destroying our planet...Overpopulating. Nature favors homosexuality because it eases overpopulation.
Again, also...I'd let them homos get married...So they'll quit hitting on me! ####, Just let them ######s get married so they'll be out of our hair.
UltraZ9000: I pray that your hypothesis is correct!
WildBill: What are your definitions of gender roles? Gender roles (for the most part) are a human creation. Being a hermaphrodite and able to see both sides of gender makes me realize how superficial and unimportant gender roles really are. There is nothing more important than responsibility and having compassion for the world.
BH4 : You tell 'em dude!

Edited by rexlaninetales, 27 October 2004 - 09:27 AM.

#52 CrystalBlade

CrystalBlade

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 27 October 2004 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE(rexlaninetales @ Oct 27 2004, 07:25 AM)
Heh! Since I'm a hermaphrodite (Intersexed), I'm not allowed to marry a man or a woman huh? If I'm with a woman, I'd be considered a lesbian, if I'm with a man, I'd be called gay. What gives?! So, guess I'm a sinner for being ambigendered.

See, people are just stupid for thinking like that. I mean, they always think of the "bad" thing, and not the "good".

Which brings up something else: Why is gay marrige a "bad" thing? I mean, COME ON PEOPLE!! I guess the only reason would be that you can't have intercourse to a certain extent. That's it!!

Also, we have a measure in Oregon that proposes to ban gay marrige. And, what you're basically doing is taking away people's freedom!! And is that what America was made for? NO!!

#53 Pata Hikari

Pata Hikari

Initiate

• Members

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:07 PM

Gay marrage is bad because it being gay is moraly wrong!

#54 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE(Pata Hikari @ Oct 27 2004, 12:07 PM)

Thank You. Not only is morally wrong, its just plain wrong.

Edited by Hapkido Master, 27 October 2004 - 03:33 PM.

#55 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:49 PM

Pfft...Morals are for fools. HumanKind should shut up and allow this sort of thing. Morals mean nothing in the end. The only reason we ****ing live is to have sex. If they can't make children, they can adopt some, either way, it doesn't matter. It's their lives, not ours.

Humans also shouldn't have morals because they are basically getting rid of what makes them different from other animals (besides their thumbs) and thats free thought.

Edited by Jaivaz, 27 October 2004 - 03:53 PM.

#56 Valerie

Valerie

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:08 PM

Different cultures/religions/people have different morals. In some cultures one thing could be wrong, but in another it isn't. I think in some they think that cows are sacred and they would say that those who eat them are morally wrong.

Edited by Valerie, 27 October 2004 - 04:10 PM.

#57 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:21 PM

Pata Hikari, Hapkido Master, who do the two of you think you are, to say that someone can't do something simply cause it go's against your morals? Witch comes from your religion, witch needs to stay out of government.
Just imagine if the governments became religions, Christianity has a history of apressing other religions being especially harsh to other versions of Christianity (cause Christianity teaches that they are right and other versions of Christianity and other religions wrong and those who believe them are going to hell to burn forever (witch actually most Christians don't believe that, though that is what is thought), You could very well be band from practicing your religion, imprisoned or even killed for it. Religion MUST at all costs stay out of government. Its the only way to insure that there is religious freedom and inasint people are not apresed cause of stupid, moronic and ignorant religious rules such as such as the one against homasexuality.

#58 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:44 PM

I think I should close this topic, as it seems that it will just turn into a big flamefest soon if I don't. If an admin, or site staff feel this decision was bad, they can open it again. But until than...

*closed*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users