Jump to content


Tax and disability help questions

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LikeLike888


    Spicy food lover!!

  • Members
  • Real Name:Jason
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North America

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

Tax and other help 123

#1: If a person who is on ssdi (social security disability income) who is unemployed and lives in Utah wins $100000 in Nevada would the person's ssdi be negatively affected?

#2: If a person who is on ssdi wins $100000 for example can the winner request that his or her tax from the winnings be automatically deducted (taken away from) winnings to pay the IRS (Internal Revenue Service)?

#3: If someone who does not work for a living wins $100000 for example at a casino does the winner still have to pay taxes from the winnings?

#4: If yes to #3: up above then how much?

#5: Would ssdi be negatively affected at all by winning $100000 for example?

#6: What are the simplest ways someone can pay taxes owed from winnings from a casino (example tell the handpayer to take the winnings tax needed amount automatically to pay the irs and the winner keeps the rest)?

#7: If someone wins $700 on Carnival in Rio Slot Machine and then wins $1135 on Moolah slot machine would the winnings still need to be somewhat paid to the IRS?

#8: What disability income (ssa ssi etc.) would be negatively affected by big win from a casino?

#2 Saffith


    IPv7 user

  • ZC Developers
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:43 AM

You really, really need to ask an accountant this stuff. I don't think anyone here is qualified to answer these questions, and relying on some random person's Googling abilities for tax advice would be a very bad idea.
  • Jared and Dark Ice Dragon like this

#3 Nathaniel



  • Forum Moderators
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anywhere, USA

Posted 06 September 2018 - 03:28 PM

You'll need to likely go to a tax preparer.  If your tax situation contains a lot of complications or uncommon scenarios, it's likely you'll need some sort of service for that.  There are plenty of companies in the US that do that stuff, for a price of course.  One such company is H&R Block.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users