Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2: Quest

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

So I've been working for a while on this and while some may remember it from a progress dump I did a while back, to others it may be completely new. This is the official sequel to Link's Quest for the Hookshot while Link's Quest for Canada is more of a prequel/spiritual successor. Quest is a sort of hybrid between a standard classic quest and a script filled epic quest. That is to say it has a lot of scripts and not a lot of story to it. The story, as short as it is, goes like this:

Zelda has been kidnapped. Go save her.

Okay, so there are some story elements but ultimately that's what it all boils down to. Zelda has been kidnapped by a group of monsters known as the Seven Sinners and you have to find seven moral compasses to gain entrance to their lair and save her. Since it's customary for a quest project topic to provide screenshots, here you go:

IPB Image
The first screen
IPB Image
The Konami Grove
IPB Image
The first dungeon (conveniently located on the first screen)
IPB Image
The fifth dungeon, a personal favorite of mine

This quest is more or less finished. That's not to say I'm done working on it, but it's finished to the extent that I need testers urgently. If you want to help test, either PM me or post your application in this thread.

Current testers:
Group 1
  • Eppy
  • Jared
  • Shane
  • -DuCkTApE-
Group 2
  • c00ln3rd
  • Anthus
  • Fireblast124
  • Twinblake
So yeah. I'm kinda Dawnlighting here. I wanted to keep this quest fairly classified save for that one post possibly 3 people saw where I dumped the whole thing. Turns out people need to know about the quest in order to playtest it. Who woulda thunk it?

Oh yeah here's a hastily created and completely unrelated userbar I made.
IPB Image

Edited by Moosh, 19 January 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#2 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

Well if you want me to, I could record footage locally(Secretly) of my beta run through and upload the videos privately(only you can see). I've done it before with I can't Dray 8 Bit(Yeah, I still have all of that footage up on youtube in a secret place...)

#3 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

I'd love to beta test. As you probably know, I'm good at beta testing. icon_smile.gif

#4 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE(Eppy @ Jan 14 2013, 03:46 AM) View Post

Well if you want me to, I could record footage locally(Secretly) of my beta run through and upload the videos privately(only you can see). I've done it before with I can't Dray 8 Bit(Yeah, I still have all of that footage up on youtube in a secret place...)

Added you. Do you have any idea how long it will take you to get the videos finished and uploaded?

QUOTE(Jared @ Jan 14 2013, 03:51 AM) View Post

I'd love to beta test. As you probably know, I'm good at beta testing. icon_smile.gif

Welcome aboard the testing train, Jared.

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'd like to test as well, please. icon_razz.gif

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE(Shane @ Jan 14 2013, 08:21 AM) View Post

I'd like to test as well, please. icon_razz.gif

Added you to the list.

So for the testers: Would you like cheats just in case or would you rather play without them? Level 4 cheat may break certain aspects of the quest depending on how you have your keys configured.

#7 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Oh my look, Links quest for the hookshot is getting its sequel it always needed. I look forward to when it is released. icon_smile.gif
Hmm... didn't you release this file not long ago as a .qst file named Quest?

Just seems like I seen some of it before.

Edited by Ventus, 14 January 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#8 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Blargh. You know I'd love to hop onto the testing crew, but I want my inevitable LP of this to be blind. ):

Well anyway. Glad to see it's just about done at this point! icon_smile.gif

#9 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE(SpacemanDan @ Jan 15 2013, 12:47 AM) View Post

Blargh. You know I'd love to hop onto the testing crew, but I want my inevitable LP of this to be blind. ):

Well anyway. Glad to see it's just about done at this point! icon_smile.gif

You can always record it while testing and save uploading until later. icon_smile.gif

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE(Shane @ Jan 14 2013, 10:18 AM) View Post

You can always record it while testing and save uploading until later. icon_smile.gif

I suggested this to Dan. He'd rather LP it in the most complete and bug free form possible.

#11 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

I can get the videos done and up as I do them. Unlike when I did 8bit, I have less work this time of year and I already have my AA, so MORE free time to work on stuff like this.

Giving the cheat would be nice in the event something goes horrible wrong(ie: a bug) that would result in a permastuck.

#12 -DuCkTApE-

-DuCkTApE-

The "Mask" will take over...

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

I would love to beta test

#13 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(-DuCkTApE- @ Jan 14 2013, 05:36 PM) View Post

I would love to beta test

Okay. Added you to the list. Kinda wondering since you've tried making title screens in the past, could you try to make me one? I'm thinking like a hookshot in the background with LQftH 2: Quest overlayed on top in the font used by the typical Zelda title screen but with no actual Legend of Zelda on it since this quest isn't even really Zelda anymore. If this is too much to ask I understand completely.

Edited by Moosh, 14 January 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#14 -DuCkTApE-

-DuCkTApE-

The "Mask" will take over...

• Members

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Jan 14 2013, 06:09 PM) View Post

Okay. Added you to the list. Kinda wondering since you've tried making title screens in the past, could you try to make me one? I'm thinking like a hookshot in the background with LQftH 2: Quest overlayed on top in the font used by the typical Zelda title screen but with no actual Legend of Zelda on it since this quest isn't even really Zelda anymore. If this is too much to ask I understand completely.

I will try to tommorow when I get home from school!!!

#15 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

I'll give it a shot. icon_biggrin.gif I've done some bug testing for my quest.

... By that I mean rubbing my face on every combo. xD

Edited by c00ln3rd, 15 January 2013 - 07:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users